1.3
1.5
1.5

Style Executive
Scorecard for Cassell
Blue M: 73.1/123 378 193 528 395 230 406 423 359 466 3378 381 243 333 517 417 195 391 505 367 3349 6727
White M: 70.7/121 W: 71.7/123 362 170 512 374 216 383 392 336 448 3193 371 228 313 498 404 188 376 490 350 3218 6411
Red W: 66.9/109 284 140 337 260 176 278 271 255 325 2326 228 176 284 368 303 149 264 362 257 2391 4717

Year Built 1967

Clubs No

Dress code Proper attire required at all times, no tank tops or sleeveless shirts

Slow and not maintained

This golf course played so slow that I did something I've never done in my 13 years of playing golf: left mid round. It took 4 hours to play 10 holes. Not only that but the fairways weren't mowed, making every shot like playing out of the rough. Staff was decently friendly, but the other golfers were very rude. Definitely a lower end course.

Best greens I've seen all year!! Superb!! How did they do it?

Friendly, laid back course. Average layout and manicure. Great value for the $$. How they kept their greens so great until August is incredible. Best greens I've seen all year!! I mean beautiful greens!!

Good for the money

Good little course. Open fairways, well taken for greens. Pretty cheap and easy to get a tee time.

Only go on a great deal.

I really did not care for this course in the slightest, the greens were my major issue as they did not roll consistent from one place to the next. The course was a strange mix match of long and short, where many of the par 3's played well over 200 yds, and up to 250, but the course only featured a couple of par 4's over 400 yards and even had some par fives in the 450 range. Fairway conditions were decent, but the crabgrass teeboxes tended to make clean contact a luxury. All and all I'd play it again if I could get it really cheap or if I'm in the area and desperate, but not a place I'll go out of my way to play.

Good value

I enjoyed the course and will be back. If your looking for perfect fairways and cart paths then look elsewhere. If your like me and love to play for a reasonable price then it's hard to beat this course. The greens were in good shape. The fairways needed water but that didn't bother me. My only gripe is how busy this course was. We even had people yelling at us for taking to long when we were held up by the people in front of us.
I'll play earlier in the morning on my next visit.

Enjoyable Evening

I only played the front 9 holes, but enjoyed the evening.

Cassell Creek Value

We have been playing Cassell Creek for several years and it has always been a great value for my son and I to get a round in on a fairly regular basis. The deal on Golf Now just makes it that much better. The course is in the best shape I think I have seen in several years. It is obvious the owners are putting money and time into keeping the course well maintained. We will continue to be customers at Cassell Creek every chance we get.

Ok bad management

It seem like we were in a cattle cart. We arrived for our tee time and it was backed up three teams the first tee. Long day. Dissapointed.

Country good

Not a "nice" course but fun. Took a friend there because he likes inexpensive courses. He described it as "country good" which was the perfect description. Lots of people playing wearing denim and t-shirts but "it is what it is." Excellent value with the Hot Deal ($15/person to ride 18 including all fees).

Great Local Course

I always have a great time at this consistently maintained course. In this date, the blocks were re-positioned, but that didn't make a difference with the distance to green.

Wide-open fairways are generous to mis-hits, and the rough is easy for digging out. The course allows for a quick 9 or 18, and the staff is VERY courteous!

The course was packed with golfers on this outing, but we still had a great time and didn't feel pressured to speed up play.

Rates are some of the best!

This course was fun.

I would play this course again and again staff is super nice and the course is in good shape.

Not good

Although the greens here are probably the best greens I've ever played on, the fairways and everything else about it is pretty bad. The fairways are so bad it's like playing in the rough for the entire round. I left after 2 hours of trying to find my ball and only doing 7 holes. It really was not a good course. The greens do not compensate for the fairways. Would not recommended coming here.

Goat Ranch

This is the 3rd time I've played this course, the 1st was bcuz I'm new to the area and it was close. The conditions were terrible, but I was told the conditions would improve, I tried again 5 weeks later, still bad. This time I waited over 2 months after perfect summer weather, hoping it would be decent, the greens were ok but very slow. The tee boxes were full of weeds and you had to tee your ball higher than normal to avoid the overgrowth, the fairway were nonexistent and blended in perfectly with the weed pasture this course is.
I will use their driving range for my practice, but otherwise don't waste your time or money!

Good bang for the buck

Wide open, with no bunkers, and few hazards. For the price and a good time a excellent place to go. Course conditions aren't prestine but you get what you pay for.

Greens are Great !

Owners went to Agriculture school at Kentucky Univ and know how to take care of the greens. Creek runs through several holes. No sand traps to deal with though. Better than playing where they are hard and never raked ! Food and Drinks very reasonable too. Surprise at the 18th hole to end the round. Was on my way to Lake Cumberland,enjoyed the day of golf, and then back on the road. Worth the detour just off of I-64 East. Thanks again to the owner for making me feel welcome. She was a pleasure to talk with.

I really enjoyed this course. It is a lot of fun to play.

Not impressed

The course was overbooked so my party was constantly hurried, even tho we had back to back tee times. The golf course was not groomed, some holes you couldn't tell the difference between fairway and rough. Grounds "crew" had loud pump going and would park next to green with truck and wait for you to putt, while loud pump was running. Cart paths were rough. Just not a well maintained course what so ever. 3rd bad experience at this course. My group will not be returning.

Jun 1

The greens are in the best shape ive ever seen them...tee boxes are "iffy"...clover makes it hard to find balls that dont hit fairways...play now cause when it get dry (summer) its like playing on a parking lot

Cassell Creek

Great open course for the weekend golfer. My new favorite course in the area. Really plays well for my game.

the course was in good shape

they have done a better job of keeping the grass cut,so that you are not searching for your ball

Winchester, Kentucky