Style Traditional

Formerly known as Eighteen Hole at Riverside Municipal Golf Club.

Riverside Golf Course

Year Built 1932
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Wayne Stiles (1932)

Practice Hole Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Maine (2018 #4)

Player

Enjoy your course very much and I will let others know that it’s a great place to play.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Riverside Golf Course. We truly appreciate your 5-star rating and great feedback! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great Value

I love this course. It is gorgeous and inexpensive. The course is in great condition, and I enjoy every round I play here.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi 0vrBgMhWCt1OHOKOwEKL, thank you for your 5-star rating, support, and great feedback! Please book another round with us soon at Riverside Golf Course.

Very nice walking course

Pleasant walk and not too challenging for my struggling golf game. Very nice layout, friendly staff and starter. I was a single and the starter helped pair me up with a couple nice guys. Pace of play was very good as we played in about 3 hours, helped by a slow foursome letting us play through on the 5th hole.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Hi titleboxer, thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on your experience with us! Please book another round with us soon at Riverside Golf Course and check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Commented on 09/24/2019

Hi u000003288774, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Riverside Golf Course.

Exceptional course

I would normally begin with “for a municipal course,” however for ANY course this course is awesome! So very well maintained and managed. If you want a real workout walk this course but it is hilly. In fact the hills are really one of the biggest factors in the difficulty of this course as is the length of most of the holes. It does not hv much water or sand traps but as I said, the terrain and distance makes it challenging for the average golfer. Also the price is right!

Commented on 10/11/2019

u000007863823, thank you for your kind words and great feedback on the course! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course, and be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Riverside Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Riverside is now my favorite course in Cumberland County. Conditions were fantastic and I like the fact that it’s walkable. Friendly staff. Convenient location.

Commented on 09/04/2019

u314159558303, thank you for your kind words and dedication to playing our course! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course - North Course, and check out your review shared on our Facebook page!

Very Nice Muni

We picked a bad day to play Riverside in spite of the perfect weather. The front 9 was closed for maintenance (aerification), so the pace of play was unusually slow. The starter(s) did a great job, alternating between those starting their rounds and those finishing their 1st nine. We started just before noon and waited on every tee, other than the 1st, Front 9 took about 2 1/2 hours. After we had a quick adult beverage in their grill room, we were advised that the front 9 was now open. We had the front 9 to ourselves and breezed through in under an hour and a half. In 2 weeks, the course should be in much better condition.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Hi drag0ste48. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit despite our course maintenance, and we appreciate your patience & understanding. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive feedback. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game! Thank you for visiting and playing at Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 08/22/2019

Hi u708318211, we appreciate you leaving a 5-star review. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course soon!

Commented on 08/16/2019

Hi u708318211. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Riverside Golf Course.

Too Slow For Me

Course was very slow and backed up today. First time I ever experienced anything like this at Riverside. Where are the Marshals?

Beautiful day, guys I was grouped with were great. 2 of them were serious golfers. At every single hole we had to wait about 10 minutes and there was a group behind us waiting as well. Seems like 9 minute separation is not adequate since you have a lot of older customers and walking customers.

Again this was the first time I ever experienced this level of slow play!!

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course, however, we truly apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and use for feedback for guidance. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course - North Course, and we hope to see you again for a better round soon.

great course

always a great time, the best 19th hole in the area

Commented on 09/05/2019

BK58, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course!

Nice People Nice Day

I was paired with a very nice couple and adult son. It was a beautiful day snd I enjoyed the company!! The course was in very good shape with only a couple of soft, wet spots. Greens were fast and in excellent shape. I had a good front nine, but petered our on the back nine. I think the afternoon wind had something to do with it!! All in all it was a good round which took a little over 4 hours to complete.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hi u9381799, we truly appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course again soon!

Riverside Golf Club

The course was in good shape especially the greens. Disappointed that course did not honor inclusion of cart.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Thank you for your review, cerretti. However, we do apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding regarding your recent tee time. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact our pro shop staff directly as we always welcome the opportunity for feedback. We hope we can have you back for a better golf experience soon!

If value is what your after...

I love this course...always in good shape..definitely walkable and the layout is the real deal..

Commented on 08/02/2019

Vincent7587474, thank you for your kind words and dedication to playing our course! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course!

Course has some nice upgrades from several years ago and in much better condition. Kudos to the Pro and groundskeeper!!!!!

Commented on 08/02/2019

Hi u000003288774, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course again soon!

Thought we were playing a twosome

Even though we thought we going to be a twosome .. ended up playing with a nice couple for a few holes . Then they teamed up
With friends behind us. Front desk personnel did all they could to accommodate us for 2. They did their best. It all worked out. Very professional. We thank you for a great day of gold

Commented on 07/29/2019

u7711319, thank you for your kind words on our staff! We're glad you still enjoyed the day with us, and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course - North Course.

Excellent Muni Course in Portland, ME

Want to play golf near Portland, ME? Consider Riverside, a municipal golf course that is both challenging, and easy at the same time. Hit the ball straight, and the course is relatively easy. The most difficult hole, in my opinion, is #12, which requires a power fade (if right handed). Long hitters can hit into the hazard without the fade. Lefties have an advantage. A par is like a birdie on this hole. The next 5 holes are birdie holes. 18 is a bear, even for long hitters.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Riverside Golf Course - North Course. We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and great feedback! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Very nice & playable course

Nice course. Open layout and fairly forgiving. Only critique is the greens are VERY slow. I understand it can help newer players but it’s almost too slow, like trying to putt on the fairway.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Hi dwatt30, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course - North Course - come back soon.

Annual State (MESGA) Tournament

So totally impressed with the conditions of the Course. In the over 20 years of playing Riverside, this was the BEST conditionsI have ever seen.

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.