1 reviews

Year Built 1894
Fairways Fescue Grass

Massachusetts Advisor

It Now Is What It Is

For years I had heard about SCC, but never found myself in that area on an in season golf day. I had a Friday off and took advantage of their internet special for 18 with cart for $39. The place is friendly and you can see immediately from the Pro Shop to the restrooms, everything is now a bit run down. As we drove by the driving range it was hard to tell if it was still viable.Once on the course it was easy to see the maintenance budget was very low, The greens were outstanding and putted very nicely. The tees and fairways however were more dirt and crabgrass than anything else, Bunkers were in need of sand and a good raking. The areas where carts drive were becing rocky bald patches and some were definitely in play. The layout has it's moments, although a bit quirky with some challenging routing as old 9 and new 9 holes were intertwined. The 18th is an awesome 3 shot par five that could rival any in the state. I left feeling I had gotten what I paid for. I think the management of SCC knows what they have as far as a course lacking proper conditioning, but they at least charge the right price for what you get. I hope this course can regain it's old stature in the near future.

What a deal!

$25 with a cart for 18 after 2 is a steal. Course in good shape. Rough a bit hard and dry, but fairways, greens, and tee boxes in good shape. Fun layout. Staff was extremely friendly. Go play it!

Michigan Advisor

Nice warm course for the week

My wife and I were warmly greeted in the clubhouse as well as by the starter on our trip to Sanford. Along with that friendly greeting the foursome set to tee off just in front of us offered to let us go ahead as a twosome. A nice start to the day for sure.
The course has a nice layout and not over challenging for the most part. In golf no matter the course you need to make the shots. The greens were extremely slow in our opinion and took most of the round to adjust as we are used to some quicker speeds when putting.
Pace of play was not an issue. As for the turn after nine in the clubhouse I must say the sandwich I received to go was one of the best I have ever had on a golf course.
I wouldn’t classify it as a championship style course but a nice warm up to a week of golf makes Sanford a good place to play and add in how friendly and hospitable they are made it a good feeling golf experience.

Wells, Maine
Kennebunkport, Maine
Dover, New Hampshire
Gonic, New Hampshire

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.