The Wetlands Golf Course

The Wetlands Golf Course MD
Scorecard for The Wetlands Golf Course
Black M: 72.6/133 435 423 507 386 180 432 175 602 453 3593 317 459 122 440 479 363 150 387 392 3109 6702
Blue M: 70.9/131 404 383 496 375 165 411 165 586 383 3368 308 432 116 424 479 347 138 372 380 2996 6364
White M: 68.6/125 388 365 483 324 148 336 155 466 371 3036 297 411 103 412 479 328 133 355 360 2878 5914
Red W: 68.6/125 363 348 451 300 109 308 138 448 360 2825 282 370 81 387 348 299 117 295 335 2514 5339

Year Built 1994
Architect H. C. Smedley (1994)

Fun, breezy, sunny, challenging outing

Wetlands has some nice challenging holes. Greens are fast and in decent condition. This course is improving and I appreciate the efforts being put forth by the owner(s) to keep it in very nice shape. There are some fairways that are being worked on and the wet weather has made it harder to make those improvements. Some greens require you to place your shot well in order for your ball to hold. Some have nice rolls to them that make them a fun challenge to roll it into the hole if you are looking at a shot that landed away from the hole. Today the sand traps were very wet. Unfortunately I got to experience several.

Overall we had a very enjoyable round. If you haven't played here, give it a try. I think you'll enjoy it.

Jerks

We booked 2 tee times two weeks in advance. We gave a credit card to hold the times and the card was charged. We specifically made the 7:30 tee time so we could watch the ravens game at 1. We get to the course yesterday and the guy in the pro shop informs us that we got pushed back to 8:00 and they put 4 groups in front of us. We couldn’t believe it. The pro shop worker started questioning whether we made the times. So we showed him the bill where it was charged on my friends card. The jerk in the pro shop was smug and didn’t apoologize. He could have made it right but he did not. Well congrats Wetlands. You just lost 8 thirty year olds that play golf once a week and will for 25 years. The course was in bad shape as well. Do not play here !!!!!

Handled Monsoon Weather Really Well

Teed off at 7:00 and finished by 11:00 gotta love that. Considering we've had 12" of rain in the last week with a tropical downpour last night, the fairways and greens were in great shape. The sand traps were free relief since mother nature trashed them. I don't like the ornamental grass that dots the landscape, especially the par 3 on the front. Otherwise this is a fair and fun course.

Satisfied

Top shelf course. A little burnt out in the fairways and tee boxes. Greens still in great shape. Overall i would definitely recommend this course.. Great layout , fantastic food , Friendly staff. A few things to make note of. If you book a time on Wednesday's , be prepared to be there awhile , there is a large senior group that plays on Wed. Also , the carts need to be replaced , and STAY away from cart #12 it will leave you stranded. OVERALL Grade A-. Oh and by the way , I have been wearing out my buddy's wallet on this course all summer

Never Again

Have played this course several times a year for the last 10 years and this will be the last time I ever play there. To start, the online rate said we were due $40 at the course and the pro shop made us pay $48. Next, there were nine in our party and the starters were adamant that the 2some go out first, then the 3some, then the 4some. The thing was, the 4some had the first tee time and we were ready to go. The starters gave us the carts in the back of the lot so we couldn't even pull out to go play our round even though there was NO ONE on the course, solely because they wanted the 2some to go out first. One in our party finally confronted the starter and said we paid for our round so why can't we play the way we want to (meaning play our ACTUAL tee times). They were both snippy with us and after they finally let us all go out, we were already teeing off late. Then, the sprinklers were running in the middle of the fairway, which is fine since there hasn't been much rain. Except they refused to turn the sprinklers off when you attempted your second shot out of the fairway. Good luck hitting a ball with water spraying in your face. We also had a problem with one of the rangers telling us to keep up the pace of play when we were playing ahead of schedule. That confrontation turned into a screaming match on 18 where he actually seemed to want to get into a physical altercation with us over other isolated matters. The course was also in horrendous shape, the worst I've seen in 10 years playing here. Like I said, I will never play here again and am telling everyone I know to stay away as well.

Second Class

Upon entering pro shop, it was obvious that Golf Now people were there on the cheap, and should be treated that way.

Here we go:

Could not putt to occupy my time since putting green was closed.

Charged $ 7 for a "large bucket", which appeared to be same size as " small " bucket. When questioned, proshop guy said "oh no, large has 40 balls in bucket. I counted - 33 balls: 15 % ripoff.

Range was a disgrace dried out,etc.

Not allowed to put clubs in your cart too early. The starter manages these silly little rules.

There was a lot of silly little rules

Ok, the course was burnt out in a lot of spots, and the greens seemed like they had not been cut in a week Oh yes there were 2 4somes in front of us playing as an 8some for most of the front nine.

Last little rule was can't take cart into parking lot.

Never Again.

Never Again

My two friends and I purchased a round on Golfnow, prior to play we were warming up on the chipping range, then out of nowhere the professed owner (Sam) emerged filled with hostility and venom yelling and screaming at us seniors to get off the range because he claimed he wasn’t making any money off of Golfnow and therefore we couldn’t use the putting and chipping ranges. He was belligerent, demeaning, and the whole episode was humiliating. When we asked for our money back he refused. Needless to say we elected not to commence with the round, instead we contacted Golfnow who provided us with credits for future rounds at courses of our choosing. I was particularly hurt by this incident because i played the course hundreds of times over the years, spent countless amount of dollars on non Golfnow rounds as well as on food, beverages, golf balls, and apparel. Moreover, I promoted the golf course to many of friends, acquaintances, and organizations, therefore it pains me say that I don’t plan to ever set foot on the Wetlands Golf Course again.

I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS COURSE AGAIN!!!!!!!

I've played this course many times over the years and never had an issue, or should I say never ran across the owner. While we were chipping before our tee time, the owner ( who was watching us for about 10 minutes) decided to ask us are we Golf Now Hot Deal? and we said yes. Then he started saying we can't practice chipping, putting and driver range because he made no money from Golf Now. He didn't said like a professional golf course owner would have, he started cursing and talking extremely loud, like he was trying to provoke an confrontation. He told one of the players with me that he abuse Golf Now hot deals! Now if I'm wrong please tell me so, but if we are buying beverages, food and a bucket of range ball from the course, isn't he still making money? So our TEE time was at 11:00 on Friday 6th of July, which he express that we can't tee off until that exact time, but we decided after the confrontation to leave the course around 10:45 and called Golf Now for a refund. We went to another course called Ruggle's and played. All of us were in our 50, and 60's and didn't deserve to be spoken to like that. If he simply came to us express his feeling about golf now, we would of simply sat in our carts or go get something to eat until it was time to tee off. Also, someone tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't advertisement on golf now a choice for your course?

Unprofessional staff

Arrived thirty minutes before tee time,was practicing at the chipping green.I was approached Aggresively by a person who said he was the owner. In very unprofessionally manner told me that I was not allowed to use the chipping area because I had golf now tee time and that he didn't make any money off the of golf now tee times .It was not like there was other golfers waiting to use the area.Also because of the heat and possible of raining there were few golfers at the course. I have played this course over the years ,making tee times over the phone and using golfnow I was never informed that was their practice and there in no posting in the clubhouse. I have no problem with that practice however I expected to be treated in a professional manner as any paying customer.

Interesting

Good greens and a shot makers Course. Good variety of holes, both short and long par fours.

Very well maintained. The starter warned us that the greens weren't cut because it had rained all night. But they were still so nice that we wouldn't have noticed if nothing was said. I love that they cleared alot of the tree's and brush on 18. My friend hit one and bonuced on the fairway into the water. If the foliage was still there he'd have to drop, with no one behind us he hit off the tee again. Saved us time from guessing where it could have gone. Thanks for the great round.

Good Course, Bad Management

I play this course frequently throughout the year. While the course is usually maintained and in great shape, sometimes the people running the show make you feel like you are better off going elsewhere. I booked my round on GolfNow, and switched to this course specifically for the price. Call me surprised when we showed up and they were charging us $15 extra. So now out of the courses we were looking at, it's now the most expensive. I know in this day and age that mistakes are made, especially when the internet is involved, but it's a shame that it becomes the customers responsibility to deal with the fallout and not the business sucking it up and taking the hit. This probably wouldn't bother me as much if the price wasn't just being inflated because it was a holiday. I'll definitely think twice before going back there for a while.

Good course, Good Staff

Overall this is a beautiful course and all things considering, with over 7” of rain in the past week or so, the course was in excellent shape. The ranger and other course staff were very friendly. Had a great time, not so much a great round, but will be back

Nice day spoiled

<y biggest issue is that the time I booked on Golf Now was not the time they had me down for an I waited 30 minutes past my requested time.

The Wetland course can be a VERY nice day out. It's a pretty course, well maintained and fun to play. But DON"T go out there on a weekend morning or early afternoon or any other day you might expect a large number of golfers. The typical golfer there is going to move very slow and the rangers don't do much to move play along. Too bad because it can ruin a very nice day of golf at a nice course.

Response from The Wetlands Golf Course on 04/17/2018:
We apologize for the slow start and hopefully, this will not happen again with GolfNow tee times. We hope you give us another shot soon.

Winter Golf

The course is in very good shape for the time of year it is. I play a lot of winter golf and have played this course before in winter conditions . This year this course is in the best shape I have ever seen it. I have played here for the last four weeks and it has been great (bunkers can use some work) I even got into my buddy's pocket a few times.

Response from The Wetlands Golf Course on 04/17/2018:
Thank you for the great 4-star review! We agree--the course is looking great. Come play again soon!

GolfNow deal well worth it

$17.95 plus 3.95 fee to play a great course. Still had wind damage all around course with a few blown over trees but that is understandable after the 3rd Nor'easter in 3 weeks. Signed in and Starter was immediately asking me if everyone was there- we could get out earlier than the scheduled time- awesome service! Snack bar attendant was great- very accommodating as was the whole staff. Nice to see!

Great time, good round.

Response from The Wetlands Golf Course on 04/17/2018:
We are glad you had a great time and enjoyed our course staff! Come play again soon.

Great Value! Friendly Staff! Course in great condition

Played on a Sun after late Sat night and Sun morning rain. Course was in great shape, some standing water in traps but otherwise drained very well. Greens and fairways were in excellent condition. Tee boxes could be in better shape.

Friendly attentive staff, clubhouse was busy @ the turn but everyone was working hard.

Response from The Wetlands Golf Course on 11/08/2017:
Thank you for the great review. Yes, the course has great drainage and we are glad you had a great round after the rain!

Had a very enjoyable afternoon at an above average course. Overall, i would give a thumbs up for the course conditions, and it was a good round/experience. The hot deal price I paid was very reasonable; but, I've noticed the green fees have increased significantly this year. If there is one complaint, they should revisit their green fees. I would probably play the course more, but I've found many other courses that are closer for me, more affordable, or nicer. However, I did notice that they made several small improvements to the course, so at least they are investing money back into the course.

Response from The Wetlands Golf Course on 11/06/2017:
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your time at the course and noticed the improvements we have made. We hope you give us another shot soon.
Havre de Grace, Maryland