Wetlands Golf Club, The

The Wetlands Golf Course MD
Scorecard for The Wetlands Golf Course
Black M: 72.6/133 435 423 507 386 180 432 175 602 453 3593 317 459 122 440 479 363 150 387 392 3109 6702
Blue M: 70.9/131 404 383 496 375 165 411 165 586 383 3368 308 432 116 424 479 347 138 372 380 2996 6364
White M: 68.6/125 388 365 483 324 148 336 155 466 371 3036 297 411 103 412 479 328 133 355 360 2878 5914
Red W: 68.6/125 363 348 451 300 109 308 138 448 360 2825 282 370 81 387 348 299 117 295 335 2514 5339

Year Built 1994
Architect H. C. Smedley (1994)

Handled Monsoon Weather Really Well

Teed off at 7:00 and finished by 11:00 gotta love that. Considering we've had 12" of rain in the last week with a tropical downpour last night, the fairways and greens were in great shape. The sand traps were free relief since mother nature trashed them. I don't like the ornamental grass that dots the landscape, especially the par 3 on the front. Otherwise this is a fair and fun course.

Satisfied

Top shelf course. A little burnt out in the fairways and tee boxes. Greens still in great shape. Overall i would definitely recommend this course.. Great layout , fantastic food , Friendly staff. A few things to make note of. If you book a time on Wednesday's , be prepared to be there awhile , there is a large senior group that plays on Wed. Also , the carts need to be replaced , and STAY away from cart #12 it will leave you stranded. OVERALL Grade A-. Oh and by the way , I have been wearing out my buddy's wallet on this course all summer

Never Again

Have played this course several times a year for the last 10 years and this will be the last time I ever play there. To start, the online rate said we were due $40 at the course and the pro shop made us pay $48. Next, there were nine in our party and the starters were adamant that the 2some go out first, then the 3some, then the 4some. The thing was, the 4some had the first tee time and we were ready to go. The starters gave us the carts in the back of the lot so we couldn't even pull out to go play our round even though there was NO ONE on the course, solely because they wanted the 2some to go out first. One in our party finally confronted the starter and said we paid for our round so why can't we play the way we want to (meaning play our ACTUAL tee times). They were both snippy with us and after they finally let us all go out, we were already teeing off late. Then, the sprinklers were running in the middle of the fairway, which is fine since there hasn't been much rain. Except they refused to turn the sprinklers off when you attempted your second shot out of the fairway. Good luck hitting a ball with water spraying in your face. We also had a problem with one of the rangers telling us to keep up the pace of play when we were playing ahead of schedule. That confrontation turned into a screaming match on 18 where he actually seemed to want to get into a physical altercation with us over other isolated matters. The course was also in horrendous shape, the worst I've seen in 10 years playing here. Like I said, I will never play here again and am telling everyone I know to stay away as well.

Second Class

Upon entering pro shop, it was obvious that Golf Now people were there on the cheap, and should be treated that way.

Here we go:

Could not putt to occupy my time since putting green was closed.

Charged $ 7 for a "large bucket", which appeared to be same size as " small " bucket. When questioned, proshop guy said "oh no, large has 40 balls in bucket. I counted - 33 balls: 15 % ripoff.

Range was a disgrace dried out,etc.

Not allowed to put clubs in your cart too early. The starter manages these silly little rules.

There was a lot of silly little rules

Ok, the course was burnt out in a lot of spots, and the greens seemed like they had not been cut in a week Oh yes there were 2 4somes in front of us playing as an 8some for most of the front nine.

Last little rule was can't take cart into parking lot.

Never Again.

Never Again

My two friends and I purchased a round on Golfnow, prior to play we were warming up on the chipping range, then out of nowhere the professed owner (Sam) emerged filled with hostility and venom yelling and screaming at us seniors to get off the range because he claimed he wasn’t making any money off of Golfnow and therefore we couldn’t use the putting and chipping ranges. He was belligerent, demeaning, and the whole episode was humiliating. When we asked for our money back he refused. Needless to say we elected not to commence with the round, instead we contacted Golfnow who provided us with credits for future rounds at courses of our choosing. I was particularly hurt by this incident because i played the course hundreds of times over the years, spent countless amount of dollars on non Golfnow rounds as well as on food, beverages, golf balls, and apparel. Moreover, I promoted the golf course to many of friends, acquaintances, and organizations, therefore it pains me say that I don’t plan to ever set foot on the Wetlands Golf Course again.

I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS COURSE AGAIN!!!!!!!

I've played this course many times over the years and never had an issue, or should I say never ran across the owner. While we were chipping before our tee time, the owner ( who was watching us for about 10 minutes) decided to ask us are we Golf Now Hot Deal? and we said yes. Then he started saying we can't practice chipping, putting and driver range because he made no money from Golf Now. He didn't said like a professional golf course owner would have, he started cursing and talking extremely loud, like he was trying to provoke an confrontation. He told one of the players with me that he abuse Golf Now hot deals! Now if I'm wrong please tell me so, but if we are buying beverages, food and a bucket of range ball from the course, isn't he still making money? So our TEE time was at 11:00 on Friday 6th of July, which he express that we can't tee off until that exact time, but we decided after the confrontation to leave the course around 10:45 and called Golf Now for a refund. We went to another course called Ruggle's and played. All of us were in our 50, and 60's and didn't deserve to be spoken to like that. If he simply came to us express his feeling about golf now, we would of simply sat in our carts or go get something to eat until it was time to tee off. Also, someone tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't advertisement on golf now a choice for your course?

Unprofessional staff

Arrived thirty minutes before tee time,was practicing at the chipping green.I was approached Aggresively by a person who said he was the owner. In very unprofessionally manner told me that I was not allowed to use the chipping area because I had golf now tee time and that he didn't make any money off the of golf now tee times .It was not like there was other golfers waiting to use the area.Also because of the heat and possible of raining there were few golfers at the course. I have played this course over the years ,making tee times over the phone and using golfnow I was never informed that was their practice and there in no posting in the clubhouse. I have no problem with that practice however I expected to be treated in a professional manner as any paying customer.

Interesting

Good greens and a shot makers Course. Good variety of holes, both short and long par fours.

Very well maintained. The starter warned us that the greens weren't cut because it had rained all night. But they were still so nice that we wouldn't have noticed if nothing was said. I love that they cleared alot of the tree's and brush on 18. My friend hit one and bonuced on the fairway into the water. If the foliage was still there he'd have to drop, with no one behind us he hit off the tee again. Saved us time from guessing where it could have gone. Thanks for the great round.

Havre de Grace, Maryland