Ruggles Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

"Long, Open"

Sean2292945's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2016

Tees from 5500 yds to almost 7300. If you want to take on Ruggles from the tips, good luck its a long track. Pretty wide open and receptive to wayward tee shots, but too wayward and its gone. Very walkable i might add, and can even do so on weekends.

Most recently the conditions have been ok. Greens almost always roll true, can be spotty at times depending on weather. Recently redid the sand in all the bunkers.

Staff is generally friendly. But this isnt a Disney course and everyone has a bad day. Food is respectable and nice bar area. Driving range is there, thats about all i can say.

Its not Bulle Rock or Mountain Branch but a suitable alternative if you dont want to pay for either of them.

"Decent lessons, but you won't be a priority"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2016

Having only played golf for a couple years, I thought it would be nice to get some lessons before I my bad habits became engrained. Additionally, my clubs were in rough shape after being rear-ended with them in the truck of my car and I needed new ones. So I thought this would be a great time to get lessons and then get new clubs. The pro at Exton recommended Dave Correll at Ruggles in early-March and I figured that was plenty of time to get 3 lessons in before the summer league started at the end of May. A week later, I mentioned he wasn’t returning my calls, he tried and finally I got a response. I went to Ruggles and signed up for a 3 pack of lessons. The first lesson was great and all I used was my 5 iron. We changed a few things about my swing and I was hitting better quickly. I practiced a lot for a week as instructed and was told to text to schedule the next lesson, but it took weeks to even get a reply and not be given ridiculous time slots like 10am on a Tuesday. The second lesson was great and there again I only used my 5 and 7 iron. I improved even more and just needed to get my consistency up. After a hard week of practice I tried to schedule the last lesson and couldn’t even get a response again. It was very frustrating! I keep trying and after a couple weeks I got told nothing was available for the upcoming week I had before I had to leave for a few days. When I got back I tried to schedule something and couldn’t get a response as per usual. Finally, after another long period of time and no response and me still not having clubs, I decided to try one last time. I should mention golf league was well underway at this time and there’s nothing like having to tee off with a 5 iron because you were told to wait till after the next lesson to get clubs. I sent a message first thing in the morning and still hadn’t heard anything by early afternoon, so I requested a refund for the last lesson. Then I got an immediate response. There was some back and forth and the promise to fit me in soon, but I just didn’t believe it and pushed for the refund. When I showed up, he was cordial and I’m glad for that. In conclusion, the lessons were good, but you won’t be a priority. If you work on an atypical schedule or have months to spare for a few lessons, then go for it. I understand these lessons are cheaper than some other places nearby, but you will pay in frustration. The lessons boosted my power and I really wouldn’t have minded waiting if he would just respond to texts and calls in a timely manner. I went to Golfsmith that weekend and was hitting decent on the simulator. Then the pro there changed a few things about my swing and it really improved my accuracy and power! I went from driving in the mid 200’s to consistently hitting in the upper 200’s and getting over 300 often enough that with some practice I think I can make it a habit! I only wish I had more time with my new clubs before matches started.

"A-Flight Club champion so may be biased"

ryanshuck33's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2015
Previously played Played as a single Walked Excellent weather

Very good condition except in summer. Long course with long par-3s but par fives are very reachable. I am a member and the rates are great. Must play for anyone who likes hitting the long ball.

"Great walking course"

dkt628's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2013

Fairways and green well maintained. The fairway on the seventh hole needs alot of work, grass is thin and patchcy. There were no rangers on the course to regulate pace of play. The course is reltively short and flat which makes it ideal for walking. Overall the course is average.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy