Eisenhower Golf Course

Back 70 6288 yards 70.0 121
Middle 70 5876 yards 68.0 118
Front (W) 71 4884 yards 63.4 108

Great for beginners locals

"Good course in good shape"

Richard2188714's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

Played this course many times. Recovered from aeration well.

"Great course"

jesusmysavior's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

Other than the cold, we will be back, great course, staff was very helpful.

"Better values exist"

George7186433's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

A phone booking confirmed the $41 senior rate but the front desk would not honor the rate. The fee is $57 before noon on Saturday for everyone.

The course layout is interesting, but has a few hidden hazards. It helps to be paired with someone who is familiar with the course. Course conditions were inconsistant. Some fairways were fine and others were marshy and bare. The greens were usually soft and very slow.

The play of play was adequate for a Saturday (4:30 round) and there was a marshall on the course encouraging groups to keep pace.

The facilities were mediocre (restrooms, pro shop, snack bar) and the golf carts barely functioned (used cars being leased for a year until course closes for renovation).

Overall, there are other golf courses in the region that provide a better value.

"1st tee time does not mean you get to tee off 1st"

Golfer565's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017
Previously played Walked Wet weather

Cost/round is only $12 because I am a member and only have to pay for the cart (even though I walk, that's another review.)

This course has a group that gets to tee off before the 1st tee times on the weekends. Even if you get the 1st tee time you will have to wait for a group to tee off. This group also shows up to the course minutes before the 1st tee time, so you will be paid, checked in, geared up and waiting for them to do the same. Then, they will take their time as they play for a few dollars. Even if they see you waiting for them they will not let you play through.

They used to tee off just before sunrise, but some in the group hit into a par 3 when the grounds crew was cutting the green. Now they cannot tee off until a certain time, which is a minute before the 1st tee time.

Just to recap, the course allows a group to tee off before the 1st tee time even when they hit into the grounds crew. There is nothing you can do about it, they are an entitled group.

I love the course, I'm a member, have been for about 7 years. I spend well over $3K/year at the course. But the course will not enforce a pace of play to save their lives.

Anne Arundel county now owns the course, hopefully something is done and the 1st tee time will truly be the 1st tee time.

Commented on 10/18/2017

I usually show up as stand by on weekend mornings. I've seen groups ready to tee off having to wait for this "sunrise group". Doesn't seem right.

"Disappointment"

dbkenny's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Course was not in great shape. Greens had just been aerated (which we were not aware of) and the fairways were bare in many areas.

Course layout was nice, but the rest was a disappointment.

"Just Visiting"

king51alan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The course was in good shape and the people were friendly. The only problem I had was it was in the mid 90's and very humid. The trees are quite tall all the way around the course and there is very little air moment. Nothing the course can do about it but someone playing the course should be aware of this in extreme temperature conditions. I would play the course again when the weather is a little cooler.

Shaun4757510's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

"Changes on the way"

Bill4765124's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I've played Eisenhower many times in the past. I used to play in the early morning when I was younger, but switched to later in the day. Until yesterday, it seemed like everyone else had the same idea. Pace of play could be brutal. Yesterday was only 3.5 hours for me and my son due to the heat. We followed another twosome the whole time, but they moved at a good clip, too. Bunkers need to be more consistent (dirt in some, sand in others) and people need to learn how to repair ball marks and divots. The course is about to invest in some changes so I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Commented on 06/29/2017

Thanks for the great review. We are currently working on drainage in our bunkers. Like us on FB for up to date information

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Commented on 06/29/2017

Thanks for the review. Course conditions have been great this season. Like us on FB to keep up with everything we have going on at the course

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

"Eisenhower"

Joshua1876528's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

Course was in bad condition. Fairways had minimal grass coverage, tee boxes had not been cut. Greens rolled okay. Course needs lots of work.

Commented on 06/29/2017

We appreciate the feedback, it was a slow start to the growing season. I think you will be presently surprised when you come out. Give me a call 410-571-0973, ask for Josh, I would love to have you back out t the course.

"Okay, not great"

xtian996's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Fairways and tee boxes were in good shape. The greens were terrible. We were paired with a member who said that due to the wet spring and hot summer they have never rebounded. I've played all over MD this summer and these greens were by far the worst. fair amount of dead patches and bumpy as all get out. For what you pay at this place they should be better than that. Overall, it is a nice course, a little on the pricey side for the conditions. I wouldn't rush back, but I won't avoid it either.

Commented on 06/29/2017

I understand your frustration, part of the reason we are closing next year is to fix drainage issues across the course which will allow us to keep the course in better shape through the hot summer months. Currently the course is in great shape. Come in and give us another shot.

"Slow"

u000006204543's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2016

Staff gives different info everytime I have played. Pace of play was so slow. Had to get marshall as there was not one on course

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 06/29/2017

Keeping pace of play flowing is always one of our top concerns. We always make sure that we patrol the course and make sure we close all gaps. Give me a call 410-571-0973 and ask for Josh. I would like you to give us another shot.

"Great year in and year out."

brewcrew61's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

We hold our annual Steve Quick Memorial Tournament at Eisenhower every year in June. The staff (Damien) set the standard in the area on how to accommodate and host a golf tournament. This staff works very well with us every year to help us raise the most money possible as well as just have a good time. The course is always in decent shape and even after all the rain we had back in May, it still looked great. Keep up the great work. We love coming here to play. Thank you!

Commented on 07/05/2017

Always great to hear you enjoyed your time at Eisenhower. We take great pride in making sure all needs are met.

"Will play again"

Douglas5507193's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2016

The course in my opinion was in pretty good shape. The fair fairways and green were very consistent for play.

Commented on 07/05/2017

Greens are in really great shape right now, come back out and try us out again.

"Eisenhower Review"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in great shape and somewhat challenging, clubhouse going through renovations and a temporary clubhouse was being installed. weather very windy but OK for us to play.

Commented on 07/05/2017

We will be closing late in the year 2018 for a full course renovation. A lot of exciting things are on the way

"Nothing ever changes"

Nathan5683031's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2015

I've only played this course 5-6 times in the 15 years I've lived near it, and every time I do, I'm reminded why I stay away. The layout of the course is not bad, but the conditions are always fair and the pace of play is horrid. Despite the signs all around outside the clubhouse and at the 1st and 10th tees, I can't imagine their rounds have ever been under 2:10 per nine. I played this morning just in front of a shotgun start and we took 2:35 for the front and 2:15 for the back. We waited on EVERY shot (except maybe 3 or 4). There was one Marshall driving around, but I never saw him encourage any of the golfers to pick up the pace. When I expressed my frustration with such a long front 9, all he said was, "The back will be faster."

They've obviously put a little money into the course, as the greens were much better than the last time I played there (maybe 2 years ago). But many of the fairways were pretty thin - some even showing the grid lines where they had seeded. And off the fairway is nothing but dirt, weeds and trees/leaves. Some of the bunkers had groomed sand in them, but many were the dirt/mud variety.

Overall, it's a course that could be so much more. The only reason I played there today was the $24 special I found online. And I'd only recommend you play there under the same circumstances.

Commented on 12/02/2015

Thank you for the feedback and we apologize your experience wasn't perfect. Pace of play is something we, like a lot of courses, continue to struggle with. We have taken several steps to help with pace of play. Something you mentioned like the signage has helped. We have also spaced our tee time intervals on weekends and holidays so the course won't be overloaded with golfers are some examples. With that being said it still sounds like we have some work to do. The particular day you played happen to be the same day as our annual Black Friday Turkey Shoot outing which probably accounted for the slow front 9 pace. That event has a good number of once a year golfers. We will continue looking for ways to improve pace of play and hope to see you again in the future.

"Not for me"

BillBumler's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2015

There are better courses for the price. Greens were slow and bumpy

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 12/02/2015

I’m sorry your experience wasn’t what you’re used to, but there are a few things to consider when playing at this time of year. Most courses, including ours, don’t mow as frequently now as we do in season. Basically, the grass isn’t growing at the same rate as it does in warmer weather. It will completely shut down growing very soon. In our case we might mow twice weekly at this time of year. Mostly to clean the greens up. It’s a good idea at this time of the year to follow a preceding days weather conditions before deciding to play. Any rain or freezing conditions will have a negative impact on putting conditions.

"Lot of character to this course."

chughess's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2015

I will play courses with character and this is a course with a lot of character. However, though we enjoyed the look and feel, the course was poorly maintained. The tee boxes were weed covered, the fairways were better than the tee boxes and some had been overseeded, roughs were weeds, the greens though mowed were at best hard to put for putting(speed and bumpiness). Characterize this course as a high volume for play and a low maintenance.7

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 07/05/2017

Like us on Face book for up to date information on the coming renovations. We are really excited for all the changes.

"Great greens"

Topnotch8797's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Quite an improvement since the last time I played.