Year Built 1999
Greens G-2 Bent Grass
Architect P. B. Dye (1999)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed, Discover

D C Advisor

Either You Love it or Hate It

PB Dye Golf Club - I finally get all the debate about this course. You definitely can walk away either hating or loving it. PB Dye GC is a beautiful golf course designed by the son of the great Pete Dye, PB Dye. The design and routing are very good in general with a lot of touches that Pete Dye would have in his designs but you will find more blind tee shots than you would normally expect which means to truly appreciate you might need to play a few times. The course does have a great GPS system that even has bluetooth and satellite radio built in. The fairways are fairly generous if you choose the right line. The course utilized the great rolling topography of Frederick County very well offering beautiful surroundings and a very challenging course. The greens are incredibly challenging not only to putt but to attack. The greens while generally generous in size have a lot of undulations and if on the wrong tier you can be punished greatly. The course pulled a lot of bunkering from the original design and while the course is more playable their are places the bunkering would have been great to see. PB Dye is a must play for any Maryland Golfer the course is different, challenging and you will definitely leave with an opinion. The course does an excellent job managing the pace of play, have very good customer services and a 19th hole has the best views and food options in Frederick County.

Challenging...But Great Condition and Beautiful Layout

My daughter's favorite MD course, so I took her there for her birthday. The course was in excellent condition from tee to green. The layout is challenging, and provides a variety of hole shapes, yardages, and obstacles. There are blind shots, narrow landing areas, environmental carries, close penalty areas, and strategically placed bunkers. The toughest part of this course are the undulating and tiered greens. They are tough, difficult to read, and fast. If you can putt these greens,, I would think you could putt just about any green! This course has beautiful vistas, and is a typical Dye course with railroad ties, extreme bunkering, and narrow landing zones. The staff at PB Dye is exceptional, and very welcoming...from the bag drop to the Pro Shop to the starter and marshal. At a rate of $64/person on a Saturday morning, it was a deal.

Slow front 9; Quick back 9. Great course.

Had a great time playing here. Weather was great and the course was in great shape after a couple days of rain. We were cart path only for a few holes, but got cleared to scatter after a few holes. The golf carts were awesome with The Shark Experience included. Huge selection of things to listen to, or connect your phone Bluetooth. And the service also allowed us to get notified remotely of the cart path only restriction being lifted. First time seeing this and it was pretty nice. Also had GPS and that was a big help since there were several blind tee shots. The course was in great shape as well. Some really tough par 4s! Par 5s are definitely reachable with a good tee shot, but a poor tee shot will be penalized. Par 3s were also really cool. Hole 11 especially!
Only gripe is there was a playing lesson or something going on in front of us. It was just the two of us and they still did not let us play through. It took us over 2 hours to play the front 9. Had they let us play through, we would have breezed through and they would have had more time to do what they were doing. We were on top of them right away, and I didn’t see the reason they did not let us through since there was nobody in front of them. Again, just a small thing, but still was a bit of an inconvenience.
The staff was great, and the starter, Chuck, was awesome and very welcoming. The clubhouse had a great view, and good selection of food and drinks. For only $48, we got a great deal.

Great Value and Scenery

The course was in great shape, greens are multi-tiered and tough but thoroughly enjoyed the course. Good views across the course and not too punishing.

Hadn't Played in 10 Years; Will Be Back

Hadn't played in 10 years and I will be back. Course was in great shape. Just have the ball on the correct tier of the green or it's a 3 putt. Greens rolling smooth, fairways excellent as were the bunkers. Nothing bad to say about this course.

Great track, will return

Great and very challenging course. Played at three on a Saturday as that is when it is the cheapest, and it was worth every penny. I'm sure the conditions weren't the best it's ever been as the fairways are a little beat up, but still an excellent course. I will definitely return.

A lot of blind tee shots, and tight fairways so definitely bring your A game.

Didn't use them that day but the practice facilities looked top notch.

Best service ever

First time i've played here in about 10 years. Exceeded my expectations from what i had remembered. Course conditions were excellent. Very interesting layout. The maintenance of the grounds throughout the facility were excellent. The friendliness of the staff was the best i've seen around and I play courses all over Maryland. In fact, when we were called off the course for lightning, a computer glitch delayed the manager in issuing us a rain check so he bought us all a drink. We will certainly be returning.

PB Dye MD

What a golf course, a true test of all your skills right down to your yardage to the pins.
You must play this course a couple of times to get to know where you can and cannot hit to. I’m from out of the area and PBD is already on my list to play when I go back in May.

Fun Day

Everything was great except for a slow foursome that would not allow us to play through. We had to skip around them and miss playing a hole. A great day other than that.

Awesome value

I don't know where else it is possible to play a round of golf at a beautiful private course for $25. The scenery is great. The clubhouse is nice. The staff is friendly. Every hole is interesting. After playing here ten times, it is downright boring to return to the local public courses.

Great shape

For being early in the season this course is primed to be in great shape when the weather warms up

Response from on 04/05/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review!
Response from on 04/05/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review!
Response from on 04/05/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars.Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from on 03/21/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback as we are working on getting the green back into proper condition. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from on 03/07/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.
Response from on 03/07/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review!
Response from on 03/07/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

Will be back during season

Course was wet and greens sandy. But 78 degrees in February , can’t be too demanding of a dormant course. With that said I can see this being a premier track during the season, it appears that the superintendent and his staff are really making this place great. I’ll be back !

Response from on 02/22/2018:
Thank you for your 4-Star review.We appreciate your patience as the course is still transitioning out of its winter season and into Spring. Thank you for coming out and we to see you again come Spring time.
Clarksburg, Maryland
Mount Airy, Maryland
Mount Airy, Maryland
Frederick, Maryland

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900