Scorecard for Poolesville Golf Course
Blue M: 71.8/126 389 605 227 395 395 448 525 206 385 3575 415 489 460 176 372 363 374 182 425 3256 6831
White M: 70.0/121 377 565 176 376 375 392 515 191 379 3346 397 451 434 146 358 346 363 164 400 3059 6405
Gold M: 68.2/116 360 480 161 369 361 380 430 162 361 3064 378 440 410 118 346 339 353 158 340 2882 5946
Red W: 70.0/123 328 467 150 324 302 326 420 135 305 2757 361 350 315 108 305 290 339 154 330 2552 5309

Year Built 1959
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Ed Ault (1959) Al Jamison (1959) Tom Clark (1998) James Cervone (1998)

Very, very good

The course is in very, very good condition. I had never played this course before -- there are a lot of other nice courses in MD -- and this was a pleasure. The greens here at Poolesville were excellent -- firm, fast, and the ball rolled beautifully. The firm greens means not many unrepaired ball marks -- other courses should learn this. The tees and fairways are very nice, and the bunkers are in excellent shape. Very nice experience. I will be back.

long but fun

this course has wide fairways. the greens were in great shape except for a couple maybe they were fixing them. it was not busy but still took 5 hours. there is a lot of sand bunkers which is okay but they need a lot more sand in them. for the money it is a good course.

D C Advisor

Country getaway

My friends and I have made the drive to Poolesville a couple of times a year for a few years now. It takes about an hour from downtown DC but is a great option when we don't make a plan in advance or want to play early in the morning but don't want to pay $70+ at closer-in courses.

The layout is fun, a nice variety of hole shapes and undulation. Starts off with a dogleg par 4 where longer hitters may need to lay up off the tee. Followed by a long sweeping par 5 to an elevated green and a long uphill par 3. Things get a bit easier from there with gentle dogleg par 4s and another par 5.

The eighth is the closest thing to a "signature" hole at Poolesville, a longer (205 yd) par 3 over a lake. There is some room short of the green, but it is an intimidating iron shot from the back tees.

The back nine has some strong holes, including number 12, a long dogleg left par 4 with a very tight landing area lined by trees. The next two holes, a good-looking, bunkerless par 3 across native grasses and a sharp dogleg left par 4, are two of my favorites on the course.

Out here feels a world away from the beltway, and the planes descending into Dulles is the only reminder that you're not in true farm country. A great relaxed vibe around the clubhouse makes this one of my favorite munis in the area. If I lived a bit closer, Poolesville might be my home course.

poolsville golf course

Great course. I happened to play when the junior's were having a tournament, so pace of play was bad. Course was in good condition. It started to rain on the 9th hole so the manager happily gave us rain checks for the back. No problem. Great staff. I will be back to play here again.

Awesome Course and Staff

Hadn't been here since 2001. Will be returning Corey has such a refreshing, positive and professional attitude. Course in great shape. Enjoyed it very much even for a weekend which I usually avoid.

Good Course for the Hot Deal

Golf Now was running a $26 Hot Deal with a Cart. Can't beat that. The course is pretty forgiving off the tee but the greens are tricky.

Bring bug spray because they have nats on every hole.

good course

very good greens, and a good course to play without a lot of hazzards

Course is in great shape

I usually play here once or twice a year, and let me tell you, right now the course is in absolutely terrific condition. Greens are fast and true, sometimes a bit tough to get them to hold approach shots, although being I was playing out of the rough most of the day might have had something to do with that. The course offers a nice variety of holes, some grip it rip it and some where a little more strategery is required. Got an awesome price, a $25 Hot Deal for an afternoon weekend round, even though it is just over an hour drive for me I would make the trip fairly often for this price.

This course is wide open and not hilly at all

Very enjoyable surroundings/countryside, friendly staff and comfortable to play.

The course is always in good shape

Go golf there. Should be in the high $30s for 18 hola during week days

Not on Saturday

Haven't played this course on a Saturday in quite some time, so invited a partner to join me for a tee time today (Saturday).

We were 4 minutes late for our tee time, but thought nothing of it really. Once we tee'd up, the course Marshall approached us and demanded we pair up with another group. To which we said no at this point. After our 1st swing on 1, he drove his cart up to us and demanded we speed up the pace as others are backed up. Again, the course marshall came back to us on 4 to dictate we pair up with another group. We go so fed up of being harassed by this guy, we decided to quit after 9 holes.

Now, this course is not free, so why should we have to combine with others? If they over sold tee times to generate revenue, that is not the customer's problem. How can one attempt to invite business partners with this type of policy? I wondered if we were the only ones to be singled out in this manner?

Poor weather

terrible court condition

I invited 2 good friends for golf. The court condition was so terrible, one hole even closed. Thw rest were most under repaired/recondition.. This court should have been closed under this terrible condition.
Money totally wasted.

Too Many Walkers

This course is pretty easy going for the most part. There is some construction/maintenance on going which can be expected this time of year with the cooler weather and all. I would think with this work taking place, they would allow for discounts to incentivize golfers to still use the course, but guess the tax payers are footing the bill so no real reason to try to generate additional revenue here.

Because the course is pretty easy, there are quite a bit of walkers daily which could make your 18 hole round pretty slow. Having a tee time booked really doesn't mean anything as you could have multiple golfers at the 1st tee trying to start at the same time.

Poolesville

Our favor course. Nicely maintain, price is very good.

Tough in wind

The course's fairways are in excellent shape. The greens are still filling in from aeration. Played in blustery wind which made for an extreme challenge. The course has a nice variety of challenging holes with various lengths and tree lined fairways.

Very good condition

Fairways are maintained, greens roll true and very fast. Overall experience was very good

Excellent every day course

Poolesville is my go-to golf course when I want to play a 'no-fuss' round of golf -- it's easy to get on to, green fee is very reasonable, pace of play is usually very good, very friendly/accommodating staff and condition is very good.

Local Gem

Nice course well taken care of ... not a lot of water so great for beginner

This course is good for practice

Not many players at the course. It's good for practice for your weakness

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package