Pine Ridge Golf Course

Carts Yes - $9

Snacks

Clubhouse

TS Delta

Played on a day that was a steady mist light rain all day. Greens were in great shape just wet for obvious reasons. Rest of course was decent. Note to self in future, Don’t play this course when Cart Path Only. 17k on the Fitbit when done.

Good from afar - Far from good...

Let me preface this by saying the setting for the golf course is absolutely beautiful. Which is a shame because the course itself was a huge letdown.

I travel to Maryland often to play with a few friends of mine that live there. We Usually play courses like Bulle Rock, Glen Mills, Musket Ridge, Maryland National, Whiskey Creek etc... They are always in excellent condition. But BE WARNED Pine Ridge is not even close to being in that good of shape.

I will give them credit for the Greens were in decent shape and the course layout was good. But the good stops there.The fairways were cut to about 2 inches in most places. Along with large dirt patches all over them. The rough while sparse it consisted of mostly crabgrass and weeds. From what I saw from the single bunker shot I had around the greens the bunkers were like hitting off of concrete. Tee boxes were a mess as well with very long grass on tee boxes, lots of uneven surfaces. No golf course when teeing an iron shot on a par three should have grass covering the ball. At least in my opinion.

Sorry but for $70 its just not worth it. I'd take my money elsewhere and have a more enjoyable round of golf.

beautiful location

Course was in great shape and we played in about 3 and a half hours with a 1:18 tee time. When we finished there were two holes open behind us and we could see a back up. Beautiful course and the staff was nice and accomodating.

Great course in excellent condition

Pine Ridge golf course is a good playable with some challenging holes.

One of My Favorites...But in Really Tough Shape

I love Pine Ridge...the layout and the weaving around the reservoir. It has beautiful views and is very peaceful. A nice blend of golf and nature. However, the fairways are in really poor shape...lots of dead, brown spots with hardly any grass in those areas. As well, the tee boxes were in need of attention. The rough and bunkers, though, were in pretty good shape. The rough was thick and difficult to recover from, but certainly in better shape than the fairways. The greens, unfortunately, were hit or miss for me. They seemed very inconsistent in speed, roll, and predictability. I generally like the greens, but they seemed long and slow in some places, and fast in others. They were pretty lumpy also, but that could have been people dragging their feet. I will say that there were a lot of unrepaired ball marks on the greens, and that's up to the golfers to fix. At $71, this course usually is worth that, but it isn't in this condition. The other good news is they had marshals aggressively marshaling. The pace of play was the best I've experienced at Pine Ridge in a long time...we saw him a lot sitting on holes and monitoring. My other issue with playing Pine Ridge is I hate going there as a twosome (which is what I did today). Every time we're paired with people who play there, they are people who don't know etiquette, want to "chat" (often during your back swing or while putting), and simply don't know how not to be rude. I don't think I'll make another tee time without having a foursome--the clientele frequenting Pine Ridge is just too distracting and inconsiderate. Sorry if I sound arrogant, but I just want to go play golf and enjoy the scenery...not make friends and her someone else's life story. It seems to happen every time I play there. I'll look forward to Pine Ridge getting back to its normal great shape in the Fall.

Conditions Disappointing

Pine Ridge is one of my favorites and is generally always in great shape, especially in the Spring. However, it was not today, and for $71 it was a big disappointment. (Course conditions would qualify it for a $45-$50 round.) As much as I've played this course and at different times of the season, this is the worst conditions I've ever seen it in. There are bare spots with dirt throughout--tee boxes, fairways and rough--and splotches of grass coming up that made the lies very inconsistent. In many instances, it was hard to get your club on the back of the ball because it was nestled down in between grass clumps or in mini-trenches in the fairways. Just not a pleasant round. On the positive side, though, I will say the greens looked good and were running a tad fast. I gave a 2 star (or Fair) rating vs a 1 star because of that. I'll try the course again, but it won't be until probably June. It needs to be over-seeded and a little more attention to get this course back in the condition to which players have become accustomed.

Great Old School Course

Grew up playing here, it has been 6 years since my last round here. Tees, Fairways, Bunkers, and Greens were all in great shape. Greens were a bit slower than I prefer, but had perfect coverage and consistency. Tee time was early and finished in 4 hours. Very nice setting on Loch Raven Reservoir.

Course in Excellent Condition

One of my favorite courses, this was my first time playing it this year. I was surprised by what good shape the course is in. We've had a lot of rain over the past two weeks, and the course was cut, and mostly dry. I walked and it wasn't "squishy" at all. There were a couple of wet spots here and there, but no obvious puddles. Of course, the rough was a little longer, but still manageable (and not as long as some surrounding courses). Bunkers were in good shape, as were the tee boxes and, of course, the fairways were in excellent condition. We followed the Sr. Men's League, and they were aggressively marshaling. We were a foursome walking, and finished in 4.5 hours. This course has beautiful vistas around the Reservoir and few houses (#5 and #6). The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Always slow play; fairways need work

Starters act like drill sergeants - marshalls are afraid to do their major task, i.e., keep up pace of play. Fairways need work, Course layout is decent with some nice views of the water. Clubhouse and men's room is badly in need of upgrades. No cart girl. They shouldn't allow outings on weekends. Food and drinks are well priced. Getting good tee times is very difficult.

great Deal

Love this course. On the reservoir, no houses, peaceful
they got good control of the geese now. greens came in great after aeration. roll true, bit slower than average. you can walk on weekend mornings. get off by 9 otherwise 4.5 -5 hours on weekend.

"Day at The Ridge"

From beginning to end, one of the best golf days I've had, this year.
I went as a single and hooked up with 3 other guys and one of them, had his MOM along to enjoy the day!
The course was in great shape, the weather was perfect, the company was a riot and I even played my best round since JUNE!

Timonium, Maryland
Phoenix, Maryland
Towson, Maryland
Phoenix, Maryland
Baltimore, Maryland
Baltimore, Maryland

Valid dates: Aug 01, 2019 - Dec 31, 2020
Getaway and play the most golf possible at the lowest price around. Play unlimited Scottsdale, AZ golf from $79 per golfer/night (including golf & lodging!).