2.6

Scorecard for Pine Ridge Golf Course
Blue M: 72.2/130 454 426 382 196 595 410 338 204 536 3541 368 387 494 401 192 434 320 169 514 3279 6820
White M: 70.1/124 W: 72.9/133 421 396 359 177 567 384 309 184 502 3299 353 365 469 377 169 404 302 156 496 3091 6390
Gold M: 67.7/115 W: 71.2/130 378 374 344 138 453 373 278 122 435 2895 341 345 456 366 129 393 305 147 473 2955 5850
Red M: 65.2/113 W: 70.9/129 370 366 339 138 447 357 274 122 431 2844 329 335 446 363 129 371 285 147 463 2868 5712

Year Built 1956
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Gus Hook Bill Love

Carts Yes - $9

One of My Favorites...But in Really Tough Shape

I love Pine Ridge...the layout and the weaving around the reservoir. It has beautiful views and is very peaceful. A nice blend of golf and nature. However, the fairways are in really poor shape...lots of dead, brown spots with hardly any grass in those areas. As well, the tee boxes were in need of attention. The rough and bunkers, though, were in pretty good shape. The rough was thick and difficult to recover from, but certainly in better shape than the fairways. The greens, unfortunately, were hit or miss for me. They seemed very inconsistent in speed, roll, and predictability. I generally like the greens, but they seemed long and slow in some places, and fast in others. They were pretty lumpy also, but that could have been people dragging their feet. I will say that there were a lot of unrepaired ball marks on the greens, and that's up to the golfers to fix. At $71, this course usually is worth that, but it isn't in this condition. The other good news is they had marshals aggressively marshaling. The pace of play was the best I've experienced at Pine Ridge in a long time...we saw him a lot sitting on holes and monitoring. My other issue with playing Pine Ridge is I hate going there as a twosome (which is what I did today). Every time we're paired with people who play there, they are people who don't know etiquette, want to "chat" (often during your back swing or while putting), and simply don't know how not to be rude. I don't think I'll make another tee time without having a foursome--the clientele frequenting Pine Ridge is just too distracting and inconsiderate. Sorry if I sound arrogant, but I just want to go play golf and enjoy the scenery...not make friends and her someone else's life story. It seems to happen every time I play there. I'll look forward to Pine Ridge getting back to its normal great shape in the Fall.

Conditions Disappointing

Pine Ridge is one of my favorites and is generally always in great shape, especially in the Spring. However, it was not today, and for $71 it was a big disappointment. (Course conditions would qualify it for a $45-$50 round.) As much as I've played this course and at different times of the season, this is the worst conditions I've ever seen it in. There are bare spots with dirt throughout--tee boxes, fairways and rough--and splotches of grass coming up that made the lies very inconsistent. In many instances, it was hard to get your club on the back of the ball because it was nestled down in between grass clumps or in mini-trenches in the fairways. Just not a pleasant round. On the positive side, though, I will say the greens looked good and were running a tad fast. I gave a 2 star (or Fair) rating vs a 1 star because of that. I'll try the course again, but it won't be until probably June. It needs to be over-seeded and a little more attention to get this course back in the condition to which players have become accustomed.

Great Old School Course

Grew up playing here, it has been 6 years since my last round here. Tees, Fairways, Bunkers, and Greens were all in great shape. Greens were a bit slower than I prefer, but had perfect coverage and consistency. Tee time was early and finished in 4 hours. Very nice setting on Loch Raven Reservoir.

Course in Excellent Condition

One of my favorite courses, this was my first time playing it this year. I was surprised by what good shape the course is in. We've had a lot of rain over the past two weeks, and the course was cut, and mostly dry. I walked and it wasn't "squishy" at all. There were a couple of wet spots here and there, but no obvious puddles. Of course, the rough was a little longer, but still manageable (and not as long as some surrounding courses). Bunkers were in good shape, as were the tee boxes and, of course, the fairways were in excellent condition. We followed the Sr. Men's League, and they were aggressively marshaling. We were a foursome walking, and finished in 4.5 hours. This course has beautiful vistas around the Reservoir and few houses (#5 and #6). The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Always slow play; fairways need work

Starters act like drill sergeants - marshalls are afraid to do their major task, i.e., keep up pace of play. Fairways need work, Course layout is decent with some nice views of the water. Clubhouse and men's room is badly in need of upgrades. No cart girl. They shouldn't allow outings on weekends. Food and drinks are well priced. Getting good tee times is very difficult.

great Deal

Love this course. On the reservoir, no houses, peaceful
they got good control of the geese now. greens came in great after aeration. roll true, bit slower than average. you can walk on weekend mornings. get off by 9 otherwise 4.5 -5 hours on weekend.

"Day at The Ridge"

From beginning to end, one of the best golf days I've had, this year.
I went as a single and hooked up with 3 other guys and one of them, had his MOM along to enjoy the day!
The course was in great shape, the weather was perfect, the company was a riot and I even played my best round since JUNE!

Inconsiderate Play

My friend and I played Pine Ridge this afternoon. As we have played as a twosome on numerous occasions we are accustomed to waiting for foursomes to complete each hole.

Today was a uniquely unpleasant experience.

In the foursome in front of us, two of the players had a single set of clubs. As a consequence, they were unable to play ready golf. Additionally they were all over the course. On several occasions it seemed as though they would advance a ball or balls down the fairway and out of our range. My playing partner and I would hit, only to.see two or more of the players returning to play a ball they had bypassed. This gave the impression we were hitting into them.

As a foursome, the group in front of us displayed a total lack of etiquette on the greens. As a group they failed to demonstrate any awareness of ready golf. And after completing the hole they would tary in clearing the green and moving with expedience to the next tee.

Around the greens at least one set of playing partners frequently failed to park their cart in a safe place off to the side of the green. Thus, after completing the hole, they would walk back in our direction as we were preparing for our next shot.

While the overall pace of place was satisfactory, the total lack of fundamental etiquette (starting with two players being allowed on the course with one set of clubs) made the experience the most unpleasant round we've experienced in a very long time. And it will be a long time until we return to Pine Ridge.

Classic Course with great views

I've played Pine Ridge a lot and always enjoy the course. The views are great and the course is always in good shape despite getting a lot of play. There are a lot of doglegs and it can be very challenging.
When we played yesterday the starter was not friendly at all and shouldn't be in a customer service position. He is better suited for a position where he doesn't deal with players. Maybe washing dishes or mopping floors would be more up his alley. I don't know how the starter at a golf course could be miserable but he was. The staff at the pro shop and snack bar was great and the food was good.

Best Public Course in Baltimore Area that I have played. Not terribly difficult, in decent shape, greens are good just slow. Pace is always an issue here though. expect a 5 hour round most days of the week.

More memories

This is another course I played growing up and the one that forced me to learn how to hit a draw. It plays longer if you slice the ball. The greens were great. It was a hot day and I was late to my tee time because of some traffic due to storms that had passed through earlier in the afternoon. Those storms, however, did not bother the course conditions (except for the sand traps). The staff was very accommodating of my tardiness. I look forward to going back.

Cloudy raining day bar closed way early, refused to give credit for back nine with pouring rain. Wanted to spend time with clients, nowhere to sit and enjoy ourselves. Bummer

Nice

Course was in good shape
Greens were fast
Fairways Alittle wet
Do to rain the night before
My friend
Hurt this back warming up that day at the driving range
So could not play
So the money was wasted on his round

DP you give refunds
Thanks

great shape

This course was in great shape. It's a long course with lots of dog legs, trees and water.

course has amazing views

For this time of year course was in great shape. greens were frozen, so my only complaint would be (no front pins) cant make ball stick to frozen green. The views are great. even more so because of time of year. cant wait to play it in spring when you can go at a flag.

Conditions good, slow play.

Played mid afternoon on a Saturday, so the price was okay. Had not played here in years and was pleasantly surprised with course condition. The problem was what I always remembered it to be, slow play and nothing done about it. We were probably the last group to get done for the day. While on 15 tee, with groups stacked up behind us and in front of us, I could see there was a group on 17 tee with no one in front of them. Hole 18 was completely open. Happy to see all the deer are still there.

Timonium, Maryland