Type Public/Municipal
Style Parkland

Year Built 1961
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Ed Ault (1961) Al Jamison (1961) Tom Clark (2003) Dan Schlegel (2003) James Cervone (2003)

Carts Yes - $15.00

9-Hole Rounds 7

Great Course, will definitely be back

Falls road is one of my favorites in the Adam area and the home of my best round to date. The course isn't too long, but rewards accurate shots more than big hitters. You might want to hit the range before you play, because 1 and 2 are both Birdie (or even eagle if you catch your second on 2). I've also had the fortune of playing with quite a few genuinely nice strangers here, I would recommend it to anyone.

Excellent County Course

Very well maintained layout for golfers of all abilities. Multiple tee boxes provide a variety of challenges. Maintenance is excellent and the course is open year round weather permitting. . Fees are very reasonable, staff is very friendly. A lot of bang for the buck!

It really isn't worth playing more than once

The conditions were not the worst, the design is terrible as everything is cramped together, and it is very short. There is not much character in the course and it is nowhere near championship level. It costs too much for what it is.

The clubhouse is nice though.

Pleasantly Surprised by Falls Road

Was apprehensive about playing here based on other reviews but would definitely come back. Played on a Wednesday around 9:00 a.m. after Ladies League, but they did not hold us up at all. Our foursome finished in 4 hours. Course in in excellent condition, although a few tee boxes are being reseeded. Not a long course, but holes are interesting with some elevation changes and blind shots. Rough was a bit high. Food was better than other Montgomery County-owned courses. Staff very pleasant.

Solid Muni Track

Top line: well constructed, well maintained fun track

Falls Road golf course is a very good muni course. Each hole is thoughtfully constructed requiring a variety of shot. The conditions very good (I played in winter and it was it solid condition). Staff is friendly and clubhouse is good, with a very good restaurant. In past times I have played, the pace of play can get a little slow and it can be difficult to get a spot at the driving range, but overall, it is a great and really fun track!

Bottom line: if you are in the area, this place is worth a try!

Short fun course, slow on weekends

Most of the Montgomery County public courses are terrific, and Falls Road is one of my favorites. It's always in very good condition, lush grass and no brown dirt patches, well maintained tee boxes. My most recent round was a couple weeks after they punched the greens but they still rolled pretty well. The course is very short by modern standards, but it makes up for it with a fun and interesting layout and plenty of terrain.

The biggest downside is that play can get very slow on weekends. Today's round was at least 4.5 hours and we were waiting on most tees on the back nine. It can also get a little pricey on weekend mornings, and although I didn't see him this time, in the past I've had run-ins with an overzealous marshal trying to speed us up even when nobody was waiting behind us.

It's still a fun experience most times I've played, and definitely one of my favorite public courses in the area.

not friendly at all

The course is interesting but not great, very slow and the staff is the most unfriendly I have seen in Montgomery county!!!!

Pleasant surprise

I grew up in the area, but wasn't a golfer then. I was invited down by a friend who works at the course, (I live in Pa. now), and it was well worth the trip. Surprisingly large greens for a course built in the early sixties, and a nice mix of holes made for a fun round. Course was in excellent shape. Looking forward to a return trip.

Great Course for the Money

Great public golf course, especially the back 9 holes. Greens are in excellent condition and it's one of my favorite courses to play in the Maryland area.

Falls Road Golf Course

Very nice golf course. Scenic layout, very green with well defined fairways and rough, although short on the card, it has some demanding holes. Conditions very lush, greens firm and fast, downhill putts really slick and rolled out. Quite a few uphill holes so you will have to club up on quite a few approaches, with a couple of stealth uphill holes that although the green appears to be at eye level they are uphill. Only issue I had was bunker play, normally I can execute decent bunker shots but today I was 0 for 3, sand looked great but very shallow. Recommend, very enjoyable course.

Extremely slow pace

The only problem I have this couese is the pace of the play. They must manage the page of the play...

Good Course, Greens just rolled for days

I actually really enjoyed playing falls road and the weather for the day was astonishing. On this beautiful day however the wind was a bit of a factor, keeping scores up just a bit. The course was, at least in my opinion, in pristine shape. The greens were very well taken care of, but were also incredibly fast. Some approach shots I would leave well short on purpose and they would still roll past the hole a bit. Great day of golf though and a great course in MoCo.

For a municipal...

The course condition of 4 stars is based on it is a municipal. Have not played many municipal's in as good as shape. The course plays short. But even for a Sunday afternoon, pace of play was super slow. Over 5 hours.

A Great Course for players of all different skill levels

First off I made a pretty big mistake and showed up on the wrong day from the day I booked on Golfnow. 100% my fault. These guys were so friendly and worked with me to try their best to fit our foursome into a already very busy Friday schedule. They even gave me a free token for the driving range as they said they weren't certain they could squeeze my group in. They did, though, and we had a great afternoon of family golf. Course was in great condition, and the Marshall and Falls Rd. does a fantastic job of keeping the pace of play reasonable as the group ahead of us was a tad on the slow side. I was just elated to be playing in the first place. Staff is excellent, course throws some easy and more difficult holes at you. 5 out of 5 stars. Keep up the great work fellas!!!

Great weather on a wonderful course

It was a picture perfect day weather wise. The course was in great shape, in spite of some major storms in the past few days. The staff, including starter, were very accommodating and friendly. My only complaint arose from playing behind several foursomes of league players who were very slow, so I and the foursomes behind me had fairly long waits on each hole. The marshall did try to rectify. Anyway, the day was so nice it really did not matter that much, especially since I had my second lowest score ever for a long 18.

Falls Road

been playing this course for over 30 years. It is about 3 miles from my house but i play this the least, due to pace of play.

yesterday was no different and gave up after 9 holes.It's a nice course to play but only play if you like 5+ hour rounds

Muni Fun

Good municipal to play, can be kind of slow but overall a great course!

Are we there yet?

The golf course itself is just fine. However, the pace of play stinks. Everytime I play Falls Rd., I vow never to play it again. But after 5 months I tend to forget that vow and get sucked in. Last fall, it took me 2h 50mins to play 9 holes. Yesterday, took 2.5hrs. And management refuses to do anything to speed up play. No marshals. No possibility of spacing tee times out by 1 minute because the demand is too high. I'm done. I'll take my hack attack elsewhere.

This course has really nice features

Overall, I enjoyed playing this course, it really seemed to fit my eye and game. It is now a favorite as I got my very first eagle the first hole! Look forward to playing this course during the spring and summer.

Potomac, Maryland