Hunter's Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Greens TifEagle
Architect Lloyd Clifton (1986)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Welcomed

Plays Long 64

Avoid This Course

Worn out greens with ant hills on them are a disgrace

Tee boxes are also a mixed bag

Almost all sandtraps have grass in them

Fairways were OK

Florida Advisor

Pre Hurricane Round: So So

First off we were very happy to find a golf course open as most of the ones near us in the east were closed. Will behind the counter was very friendly and told us to go out and enjoy ourselves. Now the course was a little rough with many tee boxes uneven and the rough extremely high and choppy. Bunkers were almost unplayable with most void of sand and weeds growing out of them. Most of the fairways and greens were good but there were many bare spots on the greens and a few of those bare spots on the fairways. All in all we were happy to get a round in and might try going back when the conditions improve.

Quick Round as a Single

Close to home, so wanted to play a quick solo round. Easy to get on. This course is a fun layout. I'm about a 17-19 HCP; I played the green tees (about 6500), and used every club in the bag, which is one thing I look for in a round of golf (although I hit more shots than many). Played at my own pace until I caught up to a twosome on the 17th, but any waits were minimal for the rest of the way in.

Greens were in pretty good shape, with a few brunt areas and a few had signs of recent aeration but still rolled well. With all the recent rain, some bunkers had grass (a handful), standing water (one or two) and/or inconsistent sand conditions - thankfully I managed to avoid most of them. Most teeing areas were decent to good, with a couple that were less than ideal.

All in all, it's a decent test for the price.

Hunters Creek

Bunkers in terrible shape. Either mud or clumps of grass growing in them. Greens were bumpy and inconsistent. Tees need work. Great layout that needs some love and care to get back to five stars.

On it’s last legs

Such a shame. The course layout is excellent but the conditions are in a sorry state. More grass in the bunkers than sand. Greens and tee boxes very poor.

Everything about this course I think is pretty awesome. Paul, who takes care of the carts is really cool. I think that the only thing about this course that doesn't make sense to me is the restaurant being closed for the summer and the drink cart only going out occasionally on Saturdays.

DHazar
Commented On 07/30/2019

Hunter’s Creek must pay people to post good reviews for them or something because this course is not good. Standing water and dead animals in the bunkers as well as disgusting greens.

All around solid

Challenging course that’s perfectly priced. Excellent beer selection, range is nice. Greens roll well. Highly recommended for the average - above average golfer.

Great value

Great round for the value. Greens and tee boxes are in decent shape. Fairways were nicely cut. Bunkers need a little TLC, but they are playable. Overall a good round for the $$ spent

Hunters creek had some tee boxes that were kind of bare and most of the bunkers had grass growing in them and before long they’re going to have a problem with Poana grass but other than that was a great course

Great golf course

This golf course is in excellent condition. Have played a few others in the last 10 days and the tee boxes and greens are far superior to others which are charging a lot more dollars! Highly recommend

Great people

Course was in great condition. The guys I play with were great. I really enjoy the players. I plan on going back tomorrow.

First Time Playing Hunter's Creek

I played alone on Thursday and it was a truly wonderful experience. The weather was beautiful, breezy and hot but I did not let that stop me from enjoying my game. The course is in top shape, holes are maintained very well and spread out.

I am wondering if this is the course that my Alumni Organization might be consider trying to have host a Charity Golf Tournament in April, 2020. From my experience, it is easily accessible . I truly loved the course.

I am planning to play it again. Tomorrow I am playing a Champion Gate to see what it has to offer. Read my review on Tuesday.

Very Nice Course

Course was in great shape given the rains we have had the last couple of weeks. Lovely welcome from staff at bag drop and pro shop as well as lady in bar after our round. Great views of the course from the pro shop and bar/restaurant. Fairways and tees had obviously been in need of the rains but they were fine and will improve from now on. Greens ran true but were a little slower than they looked but speeded up as they dried throughout the round. Lots of water features but nothing too intimidating. Some nice holes with toughest being the par 3 6th.
If you have not played this course then it is worth a visit as it is great value

Nice layout,needs lots of work

This is the same as every area of Florida.A course built to accompany a a planned community and either the expected membership and play did not meet expectations or the developer pulled out when everything was built.The layout is tough, long and expansive greens.The problem is the course fell into lack of upkeep and now the new management has to almost start from scratch to get it back to good conditions.First I'll start with positives-good fairways,a dedicated effort to restore bunkers and greens and the effort to have staff to on hand(cart girl,grill staff and excellent cart barn help).Now the bad-too much goose grass,deteriorated cart paths and approaches and the apparent lack of help on grounds staff to cut rough and outlying ares around the course.I asked the starter for pin locations and he said shoot for middle of green,little was he smart enough to know locations this day were front,back,middle.A few of the holes were along busy roads and some holes along neglected housing but that goes along once the course gets neglected so do the areas around course.The price was right through Golfnow and in a week or two the greens should be completely healed from the punching,need another top dressing due to heavy rains recently.Hopefully management sees the poor reviews and understand what more needs to be done to bring course back.Good luck

Hunter's Creek Golf Club
Commented On 05/30/2019

We love hearing from our golfers, but we apologize for your negative experience. We are happy that you took the time to leave us some feedback so we can improve in the future. We hope to have you back.

This Course was Awesome

It was my first time playing this course and it was awesome. Driving range was nice.The staff were Great. Club house was Very Nice with large eating area and bar. Course...Fairways & Greens were in Excellent Condition. I am planning on playing this course again this week if i'm able. Believe me you will enjoy playing this course!!!!

No communication

Drove an hour to play this course after booking on GolfNow a week earlier.Upon arriving at course, was told by another golfer that course was closed for airation of greens.He then pointed to a paper sign taped to a tree stating course closure.If management knew they were working on the greens,why are they still accepting tee times? I was never notified by either the course or GolfNow.I will now have to try to get a refund from GolfNow. If this is the way this course treats its customers, I will play elsewhere. Thanks Hunters Creek,you’ve lost another customer.I will never return.

You get what you pay for...

I'll start with the good... Nothing wrong with the course layout. Some good variety of holes and landscape. Also, we played very quickly because the course was virtually empty on the Monday morning we teed off...

Beyond that, not a lot of great things to say... Conditioning was below average... Fairways and greens were patchy, and the tees were poor / even bare in spots. Beyond the subpar conditions though, when I checked my receipt the following day I noticed a 4% "service fee" added to the greens fees I paid. I'm assuming this was because I paid by credit card, but it's really shady to charge people that fee and not even notify them about it.

Definitely plenty of affordable places in ORL to play where the overall experience is better.

Great Value

Securing a tee with Golf Now could not have been easier. The staff was friendly & helpful. The course was busy, we had constant delays, however; we finished in 4 1/4 hrs.. Great day, fun golf, we will use Golf Now again!

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.