2.6

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Pitching/Chipping Area No
Practice Hole No

Dress code No tank tops, sleveless shirts, cut - off shorts or swimsuits are allowed on the premises.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #16)

2.6

This Place Has Become a Dump

This used to be a fairly nice course. An old school layout that is friendly to the weekend golfer. Unfortunately the course conditions have gone seriously downhill the last 5 years or so. I have tried giving them the benefit of the doubt the last three times I have played here, but after my last round I can say that I will never be returning. The fairways here nothing but crab grass and spots of dirt. We have had a fairly wet summer in the Northeast, and there are not very many courses that are struggling to keep their grass this year. They are not even trying at Geneva Farms anymore. I can totally understand having brown GRASS in August, I’m all about water conservation; but there is absolutely no grass on this course anymore with the exception of the greens which have huge burn spots on most of them. It is not worth any money they are charging. They need to either put some money into this course or just close it down. Do yourself a favor if your thinking about playing here and just stay away.

Pace of Play

Went out as a single. Joined another single on hole 7 . There were several groups in front of us. They let us go ahead of them on the turn . We were told that there was one group of 5 or 6 that wouldn't let us play thru so we had to skip a hole in order to get in front of them . Not sure why they allow a groups of more than 4 to play together. I guess golf educate is becoming a thing of the past. Once we got passed that group the course was wide open.

Response from on 01/12/2018:
Thank you for taking the time leave us a helpful review! We’re sorry to hear about the slow pace. We understand that can be frustrating and we appreciate your patience. Please come and see us again soon!

Almost Ready for Winter

Fairways well cut. Tees in decent shape. Only real compliant is that the leaves need to be blown off the roughs and greens. It can really slow down play having to search through a pile of leaves for your golf ball. Fresh ground hog hole on 15th green was a surprise that the greenskeeper was aware of.

Response from on 01/12/2018:
Thank you for the helpful feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we look forward to seeing you out on the course again in the future!
Response from on 12/01/2017:
We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the conditions. We are working hard to maintain conditions as we edge into winter. We hope you'll be back in the future for a far better experience.

Just Too Windy

When the wind is blowing too hard for the pins to stay in the cups, it's time to quit. Fairways were well maintained. Sand traps need sand. Rough was difficult (high). Greens were running true. The wind was relentless and when you have to play 3 clubs more than normal in an attempt to compensate, the fun goes out of the game. Can't blame the course for the weather.

Response from on 12/01/2017:
Thank you for the terrific feedback and four stars! We're sorry to hear that it was a bit too windy. We hope you'll be back again for another round with less wind!

Gevena Farms Course Status

The weather has been good to this course this year. With all of the rain we had, the fairways and rough are in great shape. The greens, which suffered from a fungus problem earlier, are slowly recovering. Some are still requiring TLC. Only other negative comment regards the sand traps. Many are in critical need of sand and are, currently, mud traps.

Response from on 10/24/2017:
Thank you for the terrific feedback! We're glad to hear that the weather cooperated for your round and that the conditions were good. We'll pass along your suggestions for the sand traps. Please come and see us again by the end of the season.

GreatnCourse

Staff excellent
Greens poor
Staff awesome
Good great
Layout awesome

Response from on 10/03/2017:
Thank you for the four-star review! We are aerating our greens this week so we expect the greens to be much improved once they've healed. We hope you'll be back again soon to see the terrific results.

Great country course

Incredibly fun, beautiful setting, fairways rugged, greens slow, layout excellent, and neat special touches, such as bluebird boxes for 150-yard markers, plis markers at 200, 100, 50. Owner Mr. Bush told us some golf jokes, and all the help, including the guys on the mowers, was markedly more friendly than just about any place for golf. If you have to have perfectg fairways and greens, go elsewhere, because to complain about anything at Geneva would be to complain about what a great life we all have. This is a fun place from the time you get there until the time you leave.

Response from on 09/26/2017:
Thank you for the terrific five-star review!! It's so wonderful to hear from golfers such as yourself and we're very much looking forward to your next round with us.

No starter, no ranger, kept catching a foursome (I was playing with one other golfer) some greens were in bad shape, it's an ok course. Unfortunate to see this place decline over the years

Response from on 09/18/2017:
We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We are working very hard to provide the best possible experience and we hope your next round with us will be a huge improvement.

Nice course, needs work

I've played here many times before, but this time things weren't as nice. First off, there wasn't a starter, so players had to chose who goes when and who plays with who. There were singles, twosomes, theresomes, someone should be in charge. The greens were in bad shape, not sure what happened, but they need work, too many bare spots. The golfnow price was nice, even with the conditions, but I hate seeing the course going down hill.

Response from on 08/17/2017:
We're sorry to hear about the lack of organization. We're also working hard to improve conditions and we hope your next visit out here is far better. Thank you for the very helpful feedback!

So Much Potential....

I've been playing this course since it opened in 1990. Mr Davis, who owned the farm on which it's built is rolling over in his grave. Poorly taken care of. Greens are in terrible shape. Rough is inconsistent, and sand traps are mud pits.

This course needs to close for a season, and go through an entire makeover. That sadly, will never happen. These independent clubs just don't have the working capital to make the necessary improvements.

My last visit.

Response from on 08/17/2017:
We're so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the conditions. We're working hard to improve conditions and we hope that if you return again, you'll be much more impressed.
Response from on 07/27/2017:
Thank you for the four stars!

Nice course but....

I have played this course several times over the years. The staff is always friendly, pace of play is great, price is great but the conditions of the greens have not improved for a long time. Place would be awesome if they could find a way to fix the greens. Overall though good course for the money.

Response from on 08/17/2017:
We appreciate the terrific and helpful feedback! We're continuously working hard to improve the condition of the greens and we hope you'll be able to see some great improvement upon your next visit.
Response from on 05/31/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great five-star review! Please come and play us again soon!

Golf course looks great. Well maintained. Fairways and tee boxes are well cut. Roughs are just about the perfect length. Greens a little on the slow side, but I like slower greens. Keep up the good work.
J Grabowski

Response from on 05/31/2017:
Thanks so much for the great review, J! We appreciate the great feedback and we look forward to seeing you out here again soon!

This is a fine course

The course was in fine shape the only drawback was the bunkers needed sand

Response from on 05/04/2017:
Thank you for the feedback! We will certainly pass that along!

Great Features

The golf course is in excellent condition. I usually play this course once a week. At the present time, I could not be happier with the over all condition. The green are a bit slow, but I like them this way. I would recommend this course to all who play the game.

Jay Grabowski

Response from on 05/04/2017:
What a fantastic recommendation, Jay! Hearing from our regular golfers is always wonderful!
Response from on 04/02/2017:
All the better to enjoy peace and quiet! Please come and play us again soon!

Course needs some work

Purse needs some work but it's early in the season and they are trying to make some improvements. It is 16 of 25 on,most improved. I don't think,it has come,that far and,their regular rate is to high for the current conditions. I like the layout and hope they keep working on improvements. They won't get the revenue needed though as they are over priced at the current rate.

mprovements.

Response from on 04/02/2017:
Thank you for the great, nuanced review! Yes, we are continuously working to improve our conditions and we hope to make even more headway in the Spring.
Bel Air, Maryland