Maple Run Golf Course

Year Built 1992

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Decent

Half the tee boxes are very unkept and dirt. Fairways were decent, greens were ok and it wasn't as soggy as before. Just fix the tee boxes and pave the back nine and it'd be a pretty good value.

The staff was great . The cart path on the back 4 holes of the back nine was terrible. Loved playing best score ever.

Cheap

The course is very inexpensive to play and it shows based on the conditions of the course. It could be an excellent course however there are a lot of sparse areas, pure Dirt tea boxes and some greens with quite a bit of dead grass. Greens are not very good either. It is however only $30 to play. Good course for beginners. Carts are in horrible shape

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Eh! Just okay value for your money.

Front nine plays nice and level of course maintenance is what I expected for the price.

Back nine has a couple funky holes and there are some course maintenance (mostly cart path) issues going through the wooded area.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting us at Maple Run Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Falling Apart

The course is in bad shape all around. Some of the greens have ant hills, the fairways are mainly weeds, it is hard to find grass on many of the tee boxes. The cart paths are almost non-existent on much of the back 9. The clubhouse is in no better shape. I am glad that it is only $30 but even that is to high for the condition. The young man basically running everything was nice but it seems that there is no one actually caring for the golf course. It looks like a course that is on its way out.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, Daniel. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Maple Run Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Aberage

Good for the money. No one kept pace going. Slow group a head hit two balls each. Firestone.

Good Value

Good value for a low cost course. Greens in real good shape. Fairways were good. Tee boxes were rough.

Very playable course for the money

Very playable course for the money For the price that you pay to play there it was an excellent deal.

Value & speed of play will bring me back

I played here a few time 20+ years ago. It's a bit out of the way, but for $25, the normal rate during the week, it's a great bargain. With a Hot Deal and some savings certificates it's even better. I played in just under 3 hours. I was alone, but there were groups in front of me on the course, namely a twosome I caught at #7. I was content to practice my putting at the end of each hole and let them continue. The eventually paired up with the twosome in front of them. The course was in decent shape. Fairways were a little rough in spots but the greens were quiet good. The layout is varies and enjoyable. Some tough holes and shots out there for sure. Not having played before cost me a few, but I will be back regularly. Staff was great.

Great value for your buck

Course is in very good condition and very laid back and friendly.. I love playing there

Best place for cost.

I've played this place more than once. They are always helpful even if you don't have a reservation. They add people to your reservation if you want to add someone.
The place is well kept and groundskeepers are always out doing something.

Hidden Gem in Thurmont

I've played this course many times over the last 3 years. I was introduced by a family member and find it to be a great little course. For the price I would expect course maintenance to be bare minimum, with over grown roughs, and tee boxes and greens that were rough to play on. Fortunately that is not what you get however, the course is well maintained with the greens and tee boxes well groomed (minus divots that customers don't always repair, so can't blame the course), the roughs are kept at an adequate height. Save for a couple tee boxes in rough spots, they're all maintained with low but grass and level. Layout is good, wide open fairways and even if you are a bad golfer, like myself, and miss hit the ball, you more often than not can find it on the fairway to either side of you. Save for the houses that almost have their decks on the cart path the layout is great for any golfer. In the times I've played here, before the pandemic, the pace of play was adequate. The staff is always friendly and engaging. The off-course amenities are the average little pro shop, and food and drinks. Just enough to keep golfers full of drinks and food.
Good views of the mountains surrounding the course, and the wide open course make this a great course for low and high handicap players alike. For the price you pay you get more in course worth.

Poor conditions

Course conditions in really bad shape. This course is in desperate need of landscaping and care. A bit like playing in the cow pastures on every hole.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Maple Run Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Eh....

The course for the money isn’t too bad. The “fairways” were definitely not a typical fairway. It was more like the grass is my backyard cut down. The tee boxes were horrible. Either not cut down, or muddy and bare. The greens were good layout, but apparently golfers that play there don’t repair their ball marks. Overall, I won’t ever play there again.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Commented on 08/20/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Maple Run Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Half the holes were horrible. The tee boxes had no grass. The cart paths were mostly craters. The only good thing about the course were the greens.

Commented on 08/13/2020

Hi, Chris. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Maple Run Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 08/07/2020