Maple Run Golf Course

Year Built 1992

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Fun Course

This course is always fun to play. My only complaint which has been an issue in the past was pace of play. The group 2 in front of us spent what seemed like 5 minutes looking for their ball every hole. At one point we had 4 groups waiting to tee off on one hole. It improved a little at the turn, but we still had to wait to tee off at every hole.

Very nice course.

We play here at least once a week and enjoy the layout of the course

Challenging course

Very long course with multiple par 5’s. Greens on front nine are extremely challenging with multiple breaks. Drainage is poor on some fairways but would be fine after a few dry days. I would definitely play this course again.

It is the winter season,temperature was in the 50’s, just wanted to get out. I was surprised there were no tee markers on tee boxes

Potential

I enjoyed this course, not in great shape, but let’s you work on your game. Challenging and enjoyable, and love playing in under three hours, no traffic at all on course.

Great course!

My only complaint is that I was a single and a foursome in front of me hit multiple shots off the tee and played more than one ball per hole and would not let me pass. This slowed up play and caused a backup on the back nine! However, the course was excellent and you can’t beat the price for the quality of the course!

An Old Friend

Maple Run was in very good shape for winter. Greens were excellent. There were no wet or soggy spots which is a pleasant change. The gold tees give seniors a nice break, as does the price!!

Great Offseason Value

For this time of year, it was an enjoyable round. The staff, as usual, were super friendly. The new seed in the tee boxes has started growing and the greens, for the most part, were in great shape. There wasn’t a big crowd due to the cold temps, but those that were out moved at a great pace. The course layout is challenging enough for an experienced golfer to have fun, but easy enough to not overwhelm a new golfer.

Not At All What it Used to Be....

This course used to be a favorite for my wife and me for many years. We’ve been playing here since the mid 90’s. For the last several years, this course has taken an unfortunate turn for the worse and the conditions just continue to appear to be deteriorating. While we used to come here a dozen times a year, we are now down to once to see if the conditions have improved...needless to say they haven’t.
This course could be so much more...the setting is beautiful in the Catoctins, but for whatever reason Thurmont has let this course die a slow, painful death.
Clearly, its “glory” years are behind it and the land may be better suited for the dairy cows in the region. It’s halfway there already...

Commented on 09/18/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Maple Run Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Not a good course

Course is in very bad shape compared to pictures online

Commented on 08/28/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us and we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please be assured that we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Maple Run Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Commented on 08/28/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Maple Run Golf Course.

Tremendous Value

My golf buddy and I were looking for a course to play that would be fun, with decent rates, but not too challenging. We were not disappointed with Maple Run. We played 18 holes in less than 4 hours and enjoyed a couple of dogs on the turn.

The entire staff was awesome and food service quick with decent prices.

We look forward to return visits.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Maple Run Golf Course.

Course Conditions Have Declined

I’ve played this course about once every year. It’s course conditions are typically slightly below the norm for the area, but they were good enough for the price. Due to the course conditions, I currently wouldn’t play their for free, and don’t plan on going back any time soon.

Now we are in the middle of a dry spell, but it has been wet enough and had enough periodic rain that it should be okay. But the tee boxes are rock hard and burnt off, breaking tees to try to get them to go into the ground. They also don’t have much good grass in them...lots of weedy grasses. The decent grass beside the tee boxes made the tees look even worse. I like to hit straight off the grass when using irons from the tee, and that was near impossible today.

The fairways and lies were hit or miss. Only about 2 or 3 fairways had real nice grass. Most the time it was patchy or you might lucky be in grass not the weedy grasses like the tees.

I will say the greens are still in good condition, but it didn’t salvage my feelings toward the rest of the course, especially the condition of the tee boxes.

It is a decent price and they are bringing people in as it seemed busy today, but I like noticed a considerable drop in the conditions.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Maple Run Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Course in relatively poor condition. The greens however were good. The tee boxes were in terrible shape.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the greens and tee boxes. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. Thank you for playing Maple Run Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Greens and fairways very green!

We enjoyed the mountains background and how green the fairways were. The greens in good shape too. The tee boxes weeds and bare spots required attention. The clubhouse is probably a 50 year old shack but if you don't care the course is worth the trip.

Great course for the money. 2 of us finished 18 in 3 hours and 15 minutes. Great views of the mountains. Course was in good shape.

Walkersville, Maryland