Marlton Golf Club

2.4
2.6

Marlton Golf Club
Scorecard for Marlton
Black M: 69.8/123 W: 72.7/120 551 128 307 153 421 375 527 314 369 3145 382 410 153 324 390 341 366 169 501 3036 6181
Regular M: 67.6/116 W: 70.5/117 512 118 282 138 404 355 492 290 347 2938 353 371 136 295 370 313 343 157 475 2813 5751
Forward M: 65.2/114 W: 68.2/113 434 93 233 108 287 318 408 216 262 2359 279 326 104 251 330 244 295 103 386 2318 4677

Year Built 1998

Dress code Recommended shirts are collared, shorts are of "Bermuda" length and shoes are required.

Course Needs a Lot of Work

The course was in terrible conditions -- there was mowed grass clippings clumped and laying all over almost every rough, the fairways were completely burnt out and patchy, and the greens had significant damage. The layout is interesting with a lot of turns that make it difficult to ever hit a driver. The only redeeming qualities were that I had the course almost to myself and I paid next to nothing to place. This place has potential but it needs some pretty serious tender loving care.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Marlton Golf Club and for leaving us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the conditions. We will keep working to make improvements in the future, and we hope that you will be able to have a better experience the next time you are here.

Fun Course with Great Elevation Changes

The staff couldn't have been more friendly and it's a fun course. The course has lots of elevation changes and soft dog-legs left that match my hook.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to see that it looks like you were disappointed with the conditions. We are always looking to improve, and we would welcome any feedback that you are willing to share with us.

Work in progress

Playable course conditions with opportunities on greens, tees and fairways. Good news grounds staff all over the course working on these issues. Looking forward to the improvements as they happen.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. Our staff will keep working hard to keep the course in shape for the summer months, and we too hope to see improvements as they happen. Thank you again for the review, and we hope you are able to come out here again sometime soon.

I am from out of town

The golf course is reasonable, it still some tender care, which they are really working on. I would certainly play the course again while I am in town.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Marlton Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Good value, will play again

A nice layout to practice on. Short and fair with good opportunities to score well. I like the short par 4's and reachable par 5's.

From decent track to dogtrack

I have played Marlton a handful of times each year over the past 6-7 years. This past year the course has taken a noticeable nose dive and is in about as bad of shape as any golf course I have ever seen/played. I don't know if it is under relatively new ownership or if the owners who have had it for a while have given up, but the course condition is reflective of a group of folks who don't care about the playing conditions. Starting from tee to green: The tee boxes are dirt pits, looking more like something you'd play horseshoes in than golf. My Dad joked that you need to "dig in" like you're in a fairway bunker. It's a struggle to find a decent patch of grass in the fairway to hit an approach shot from and weeds are the majority of what is growing. There were 6 or 7 greens that weren't too bad but even those have considerable ball marks/chewed up and bare spots (those are on the player, mostly). Other greens (like #10) are almost totally lost and un-puttable. The bunkers haven't been raked in quite some time and the one I took the time to rake actually turned out to play nicely (took me 2 minutes to rake). There's also noticeable graffiti on number 3 and 6 - yes, graffiti. Additionally, it took me 15 minutes to have someone come into the clubhouse so I could pay at 7:30am for an 8:00am tee time... I walked around the clubhouse and outside and I couldn't find a Marlton employee for a while - are there really only a handful of employees at the course now? Just another tell tale sign of a course and operation that is circling the drain. The D.C. area had prime grass growing conditions in the late spring with all the rain we had (other courses are in great shape), so you would expect Marlton to be in as good of shape as it could be in... it was far from it and I definitely won't be returning, even if the greens fee is extremely cheap. You've been warned!

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/06/2018:
Hello Hollister3121, Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the condition of the course, and we appreciate all of the concerns you have shared. We will keep working to keep the course in shape.

Great time!

Because of the heat 95 degrees I had the course almost to my self so I could stop and hydrate at will. Conditions were good

Hollister3121
Commented On 07/05/2018

Conditions were good? I played on the same day and the course was a complete disaster. I whole-heartedly disagree. Hydrate at will? That's your bar for rating a golf course? Just bring a big bottle of water and you can hydrate at will anywhere.

Needs work

Played here years ago and was not in good shape then. Decided to give it a try again. Fairways and tee boxes are mostly mowed weeds. In pretty bad shape all around.

Good news is I only paid $18 on a hot deal. That’s all the course is worth. Very few golfers so I got to play by myself and had a good practice round.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/05/2018:

good layout - needs some work. Excellent value

This is a nice layout in need of some maintenance work. The cart path does wind through some subdivision homes, but rarely are there houses near the actual course. My 2nd time playing and I do like the course. Given the price, I can put up with some marginal tee boxes and several patchy fairways. Not everyone can.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 06/25/2018:
Hello and thank you for coming out here again to Marlton Golf Club and for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the condition of the course, but we are appreciative that you like the course layout. We will keep working to keep the course in shape. Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to seeing you out here again.

Bargain course - needs work

The layout is pretty good. The course conditions are not, especially the tee boxes. I always tee my ball up, so that wasn't much of a big deal for me. It appears they are trying to improve the conditioning, but it still needs some work. For the low fees I paid, it was overall worth it. Not worth the full rate, though.

My main complaint was their approach to customer service. Upon arrival one hour before my tee time, I noticed the sign indicating GolfNow customers could not tee more than 15 minutes before their scheduled time. OK. So I order a large bucket for warm-ups (that was the plan anyway). But the lady checking me in at the snack bar (no pro shop) says they have no cart for me, so I have to hoof it to the range (can't offer me a ride?)... Then, ~10 minutes later, the starter comes up to me to indicate it's time to play - 35 minutes before my tee time. I'm 1/3 through the large bucket. No offer to discount that cost; just, "you'll be playing with that gentlemen over there". Jeez. Nope, sorry, I'm not done with my warm-ups. Ten minutes later, the starter sends over another gentlemen to inform me I'll be playing with him instead, and it's time to tee off. This is now 25 minutes before my scheduled tee time. Okay, so I'm leaving a bunch of balls in the bucket, but let's go. Luckily, my cart mate was a fine partner, and I wound up enjoying his company throughout the round.

I recommend this course only if you, like me, are a bargain hunter. It was worth $15, but not sure whether I'll be back or not. The course has the potential to be pretty darn good. I don't know whether the management has the stuff to make it happen.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our layout at Marlton Golf Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

Good value

Course was in good shap, considering the amount of radin recently. Greens were firm, fairways in good shape.

Good layout....poorly maintained

Marlton is located out in the middle of nowhere...it’s easy for someone to get turned around trying to find the course. Upon arriving @ 7:00am, clubhouse and facilities were still closed. Jimmy, the manager didn’t arrive until about 7:45am. Clubhouse looked more like a gathering room for bingo that had a couple of slot machines rather than a golf course club house. Since clubhouse opened late, I couldn’t warm up at the driving range which looked ok. They use mats rather than hitting off the grass. The putting greens looked well kept. We teed of at 8:06 am behind a foursome, we were the cons group to go out so the pace of play was quite quick. The layout of the course was nice, challenging, with a mixture of doglegs left and right, narrow fairways, and well placed bunkers. Fairways weren’t in good condition, drainage was poor, water had pooled on several fairways. Some greens were smooth, others were bumpy and showed signs of damage caused by poor mowing and fungus growth. Sand in bunkers were caked and hard while several bunkers were under water. Overall, this course needs a lot of maintenance and attention. Given the low number of golfers that play here, I’m not sure it’ll receive the proper care and maintenance required.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 06/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Marlton Golf Club, in the Prince George's County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Ok course

It was great to get out and play. The course could use some work. Cart path wasn’t in good shape. The sands weren’t in good shape either. The greens were in good shape though. Overall, nice course.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 06/13/2018:
Hello and thank you again for coming out to Marlton Golf Club and taking time to leave us with your feedback. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us, especially with the bunkers. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you again for leaving us a review, and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Slowly getting better

Have played a fair amount of times at Marlton due to proximity to home area. Only play though when I can get a Hot Deal. Conditions getting better but fairways are still a bit rough. Wish more folks would treat the greens properly ( my group and I must have fixed 10 ball marks per hole in addition to our own....am NOT kidding!). Hoping the improvement trend continues

3.5619333333