Marlton Golf Club

Dress code: Recommended shirts are collared, shorts are of "Bermuda" length and shoes are required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include narrow fairways bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining

"Work in progress"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Playable course conditions with opportunities on greens, tees and fairways. Good news grounds staff all over the course working on these issues. Looking forward to the improvements as they happen.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. Our staff will keep working hard to keep the course in shape for the summer months, and we too hope to see improvements as they happen. Thank you again for the review, and we hope you are able to come out here again sometime soon.

"I am from out of town"

wootene's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

The golf course is reasonable, it still some tender care, which they are really working on. I would certainly play the course again while I am in town.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/12/2018:

Hello, on behalf of Marlton Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Good value, will play again"

zbodel1022's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

A nice layout to practice on. Short and fair with good opportunities to score well. I like the short par 4's and reachable par 5's.

"From decent track to dogtrack"

Hollister3121's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I have played Marlton a handful of times each year over the past 6-7 years. This past year the course has taken a noticeable nose dive and is in about as bad of shape as any golf course I have ever seen/played. I don't know if it is under relatively new ownership or if the owners who have had it for a while have given up, but the course condition is reflective of a group of folks who don't care about the playing conditions. Starting from tee to green: The tee boxes are dirt pits, looking more like something you'd play horseshoes in than golf. My Dad joked that you need to "dig in" like you're in a fairway bunker. It's a struggle to find a decent patch of grass in the fairway to hit an approach shot from and weeds are the majority of what is growing. There were 6 or 7 greens that weren't too bad but even those have considerable ball marks/chewed up and bare spots (those are on the player, mostly). Other greens (like #10) are almost totally lost and un-puttable. The bunkers haven't been raked in quite some time and the one I took the time to rake actually turned out to play nicely (took me 2 minutes to rake). There's also noticeable graffiti on number 3 and 6 - yes, graffiti. Additionally, it took me 15 minutes to have someone come into the clubhouse so I could pay at 7:30am for an 8:00am tee time... I walked around the clubhouse and outside and I couldn't find a Marlton employee for a while - are there really only a handful of employees at the course now? Just another tell tale sign of a course and operation that is circling the drain. The D.C. area had prime grass growing conditions in the late spring with all the rain we had (other courses are in great shape), so you would expect Marlton to be in as good of shape as it could be in... it was far from it and I definitely won't be returning, even if the greens fee is extremely cheap. You've been warned!

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/06/2018:

Hello Hollister3121,<br/> Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the condition of the course, and we appreciate all of the concerns you have shared. We will keep working to keep the course in shape.

"Great time!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2018

Because of the heat 95 degrees I had the course almost to my self so I could stop and hydrate at will. Conditions were good

Commented on 07/05/2018

Conditions were good? I played on the same day and the course was a complete disaster. I whole-heartedly disagree. Hydrate at will? That's your bar for rating a golf course? Just bring a big bottle of water and you can hydrate at will anywhere.

"Needs work"

lshannon100's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

Played here years ago and was not in good shape then. Decided to give it a try again. Fairways and tee boxes are mostly mowed weeds. In pretty bad shape all around.

Good news is I only paid $18 on a hot deal. That’s all the course is worth. Very few golfers so I got to play by myself and had a good practice round.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 07/05/2018:

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

"good layout - needs some work. Excellent value"

psmcg's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

This is a nice layout in need of some maintenance work. The cart path does wind through some subdivision homes, but rarely are there houses near the actual course. My 2nd time playing and I do like the course. Given the price, I can put up with some marginal tee boxes and several patchy fairways. Not everyone can.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 06/25/2018:

Hello and thank you for coming out here again to Marlton Golf Club and for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the condition of the course, but we are appreciative that you like the course layout. We will keep working to keep the course in shape. Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to seeing you out here again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

"Bargain course - needs work"

psmcg's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

The layout is pretty good. The course conditions are not, especially the tee boxes. I always tee my ball up, so that wasn't much of a big deal for me. It appears they are trying to improve the conditioning, but it still needs some work. For the low fees I paid, it was overall worth it. Not worth the full rate, though.

My main complaint was their approach to customer service. Upon arrival one hour before my tee time, I noticed the sign indicating GolfNow customers could not tee more than 15 minutes before their scheduled time. OK. So I order a large bucket for warm-ups (that was the plan anyway). But the lady checking me in at the snack bar (no pro shop) says they have no cart for me, so I have to hoof it to the range (can't offer me a ride?)... Then, ~10 minutes later, the starter comes up to me to indicate it's time to play - 35 minutes before my tee time. I'm 1/3 through the large bucket. No offer to discount that cost; just, "you'll be playing with that gentlemen over there". Jeez. Nope, sorry, I'm not done with my warm-ups. Ten minutes later, the starter sends over another gentlemen to inform me I'll be playing with him instead, and it's time to tee off. This is now 25 minutes before my scheduled tee time. Okay, so I'm leaving a bunch of balls in the bucket, but let's go. Luckily, my cart mate was a fine partner, and I wound up enjoying his company throughout the round.

I recommend this course only if you, like me, are a bargain hunter. It was worth $15, but not sure whether I'll be back or not. The course has the potential to be pretty darn good. I don't know whether the management has the stuff to make it happen.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 06/22/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our layout at Marlton Golf Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

"Good value"

WGL6097's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

Course was in good shap, considering the amount of radin recently. Greens were firm, fairways in good shape.

"Good layout....poorly maintained"

JD5937934's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

Marlton is located out in the middle of nowhere...it’s easy for someone to get turned around trying to find the course. Upon arriving @ 7:00am, clubhouse and facilities were still closed. Jimmy, the manager didn’t arrive until about 7:45am. Clubhouse looked more like a gathering room for bingo that had a couple of slot machines rather than a golf course club house. Since clubhouse opened late, I couldn’t warm up at the driving range which looked ok. They use mats rather than hitting off the grass. The putting greens looked well kept. We teed of at 8:06 am behind a foursome, we were the cons group to go out so the pace of play was quite quick. The layout of the course was nice, challenging, with a mixture of doglegs left and right, narrow fairways, and well placed bunkers. Fairways weren’t in good condition, drainage was poor, water had pooled on several fairways. Some greens were smooth, others were bumpy and showed signs of damage caused by poor mowing and fungus growth. Sand in bunkers were caked and hard while several bunkers were under water. Overall, this course needs a lot of maintenance and attention. Given the low number of golfers that play here, I’m not sure it’ll receive the proper care and maintenance required.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 06/15/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Marlton Golf Club, in the Prince George's County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Ok course"

dws289's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018

It was great to get out and play. The course could use some work. Cart path wasn’t in good shape. The sands weren’t in good shape either. The greens were in good shape though. Overall, nice course.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 06/13/2018:

Hello and thank you again for coming out to Marlton Golf Club and taking time to leave us with your feedback. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us, especially with the bunkers. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you again for leaving us a review, and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

"Slowly getting better"

bgtkat's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Have played a fair amount of times at Marlton due to proximity to home area. Only play though when I can get a Hot Deal. Conditions getting better but fairways are still a bit rough. Wish more folks would treat the greens properly ( my group and I must have fixed 10 ball marks per hole in addition to our own....am NOT kidding!). Hoping the improvement trend continues

"Nice round"

RichMic's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Great staff reception person. Course traffic at noon was not busy, so pace of play was great. 18 holes in 2 hours 35 minutes. Walk on tee time with Golf Now & played as two-some with club member. Course conditions, not great, but far from bad. Greens were maintained well.

"Good Value, Poor Conditions"

zbodel1022's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

When Marlton offers Golfnow rates of $14.00, it's hard to pass up. Even with poor course conditions from tee to green, it's a great opportunity to practice. Fairways need some work, as do the tee boxes. Greens played average.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 05/01/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Marlton Golf Club, in the Marlboro, Maryland area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Only getting worse"

bgtkat's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

Wife enjoyed this course last year mainly because of great hot deals we could get. This time though, even she commented that it was the worse shape course she’s ever been on. Still had trees laying across course and even into fairway bunkers from storms over a month ago. Cart they gave us was filthy with trash still onboard from last users and seats were torn up to boot. Greens were in bad shape and bunkers were more like concrete than sand. Need I go on? Won’t be back unless someone tells me that they’ve really upped their game in a number of ways.

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 04/02/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Marlton Golf Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Marlboro, Maryland area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

elliottshields's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2018

The course was in reel bad shape. I will not be back

the pace of play was good because there was nobody there. My friends recommended that I dont play but I already booked it had I known the condition I would not have booked it ( No Refund )

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Marlton Golf Club on 01/24/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Marlton Golf Club, in the Prince George's County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you back again.