Nestled in the foothills of the Catoctin Mountains about 15 minutes from Fredricksburg, Glade Valley Golf Club has been selected as a top-100 golf course in the Mid-Atlantic region by Washington Golf Monthly. The Jim Reck design, which opened in 1990, has a nice mix of woods, water, natural habitat and sand traps that will test golfers, but the golf course isn't overly difficult.

Scorecard for Glade Valley
Blue M: 72.1/126 392 400 184 411 404 528 363 168 490 3340 474 505 436 171 327 168 530 455 460 3526 6866
White M: 70.3/123 363 388 165 382 381 515 350 160 475 3179 405 495 389 155 312 149 514 410 395 3224 6403
Gold M: 68.5/120 340 315 153 360 362 490 335 145 465 2965 375 480 370 142 295 139 492 370 377 3040 6005
Red W: 67.4/110 274 268 104 314 293 378 254 124 407 2416 319 357 313 118 270 98 436 317 309 2537 4953

Year Built 1991
Architect J. L. R. Assoc.

Nice course friendly people

Always have a great time golfing there, very relaxing

Commented On 08/19/2019

Hiens1234. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Glade Valley Golf Club.

Stay away

I have been playing here since 2015, Glade has always been in great condition. But lately it’s gone from a A+ to a C-. This weekend the starter said they rolled the greens, first green was so bumpy and so were the rest of them. Fairways had divots and bare spots, the rough was so thick and deep we were loosing our balls, but found others that golfers lost.
The value is great but the course needs work, I know it’s been very hot this summer.
I’m going to stay away till maybe fall hoping the course improves.

Disappointingly not what it used to be.

I've been playing this course since 2012. Used to be a regular and have always looked forward to giving this track a go. However, this is the first time I've played here this year and I can say it's easily in the worst shape I've ever seen it. Goose grass has invaded the entire course, divots are covering the fairways and the greens, and most of the tee boxes are worn down to nearly dirt. The rough looks like it hasn't been cut in weeks on most of the holes. Half of the greens are hard as rock, my ball was bouncing like it would on a trampoline, the other half are softer than an underbaked cake. They did roll half decent but overall I was very disappointed in the shape the course is in. On top of the condtionsz the staff was very poor as well. No starter, groups were putting themselves together and the guy working the front desk had no people skills whatsoever. Normally I love bringing friends here but I won't be back for a long time.

Decent Day

Rough around the greens was high, and thinking they are keeping it this way through the hot summer. Made short chips challenging. Greens could use some work as there is alot of ball damage. Anything landing on the greens were sticking but made large ball marks. Overall good for the money.

Commented On 08/12/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Great value

The weather was good. The course was in good shape. Had a good day. Good value for the money.

Commented On 08/09/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Pretty reliable course

We have played Glade Valley several times. The course is pretty consistent. Some tough holes and some easier ones to mess up too. (that's golf) greens were a little pitted but mostly ran true. Rough was rough and a little thick but playable. We will be going back for sure

Commented On 08/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Glade Valley Golf Club thanks you!

Good value for your money

The staff here is very friendly. The course was in good shape. The pace of play for the most part was a little slow.
It is a good value for your money.

Commented On 08/09/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Glade Valley Golf Club!

Greens need help from the golfers

I always enjoy playing at Glade Valley due to the value for the money. First time playing after more than six months. The course condition is good but the greens need a lot of help from the fellow golfers and golf course maintenance. Too many un-repaired golf marks on the greens. If every one fixes the ball marks, they will be in great shape.

Commented On 08/09/2019

Good Course for a weekly round

Because of our recent weather the course is in very good shape, not burned out. Greens were in great shape and actually a little faster than usual. Played 18 holes in a threesome in just under 4 hours. No wait at any hole. My only complaint is that a couple holes are extremely difficult off the tees due to the trees growth, requires a really accurate tee shot to get out of the shoot created. Need to trim the limbs back just a little. Other than that the course was great.

Commented On 08/09/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Glade Valley Golf Club along with your suggestion. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Always a favorite course

I like the courze layout. Pretty straight forward and wel, maintained. A pretty good storm passed through the night before and and damage was being adressed. Greens were in good shape as well as fairways.

Commented On 08/09/2019

Good Course at a Great Value!!

Today was my first visit to Glade Valley GC. The course is pretty straight forward w/ minimal if any doglegs. If you play from the white or blue tees, it presents a solid challenge. The greens were in very good shape while the fairways were solid. I like the height they cut the fairways. No super ties lies. Got a great rate on Golf Now.. I lost my car keys in the course and the staff couldn’t have been nicer trying to help me find the keys. Luckily, someone found them and the pro shop employee called me immediately.. I would definitely recommend Glade Valley GC.

Commented On 07/24/2019

Hi Terry. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are glad that you had an awesome first experience at Glade Valley Golf Club and found your keys at the end. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

I've played this course many times and its one of my favorites. I played on a Sunday and was surprised that it wasn't more crowded. I can't wait to go back and play it again

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hi Brian. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Good first round here

Course seems pretty well maintained and staff we interacted with were friendly. Some greens and tee boxes could be in better shape but I would definitely come back.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Good time golf

I had my two son's with me and we had a good time. None of us play consistently enough to be scratch golfers so we appreciate the patience of the golfers around us. We all thought the course was in pretty good shape. Greens were better than average. Definitely will return.

Commented On 07/12/2019

Needs a little TLC.

The greens have some kind of a disease trying to take them over. Water kegs were either empty or hot. The course is in need of a little tender loving care.

Commented On 07/12/2019

this course has fast greens

Great course, very nice staff. Only problem is the sand traps need work sand is hard as a rock, looks like someone put construction sand in the traps. Every year they are making improvements and are always working on the course. Love the long and pleasant drive of 38 miles up to the course. I will always play here.

Commented On 06/28/2019

Hi, thank you for the five-star review and detailed feedback! We are glad that you had an overall good time at Glade Valley Golf Club. Thanks for always making the trip here, and we'll see you again soon.

Great for Working on Your Game

I play Glade Valley 2-3 times a year (it's over an hour drive for me). I like the layout, and there's not much trouble. All the trees running alongside the holes have been cleaned out beneath, so if you are errant, it's pretty easy to find your ball. The course was in good shape, and the rough was thick and long. My only concerns were pace of play as there was no marshal keeping things moving and the gaps filled. And, players at this course are pretty errant...watch for in-coming balls from other holes. The staff was very nice, and we were given a nice discount on greens fees, which was very nice. And, we were put out early, as several people simply didn't show up. I would definitely return but might consider a non-weekend tee time because of the pace of play.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are sorry that pace of play was a bit slow. With the weather finally improving, our course is getting pretty busy on the weekends. We appreciate the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good Value

It was a good day on the course. The weather was good. The course was in good shape. The pace of play was good.

Commented On 06/24/2019

Hi, thank you for the five stars! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience at Glade Valley Golf Club. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 06/24/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good round of golf at Glade Valley Golf Club. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Frederick, Maryland