Willow Springs Golf Course

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes narrow fairways

"Nice short course"

Beaker37's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2016

This was a great place to take my 13 year old son who doesn't take golf very seriously. We had a lot of fun and were done in 3 hrs. It's a short course and wide enough to avoid losing a lot of balls. The layout is great and conditions were very good. The carts and paths are rough but it is priced accordingly.

"The Worst Golf Course I've Ever Played"

swordbird22's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Good weather

I don't know where to begin with this golf course, there was so much wrong with the course. I guess I will start with the tees which really weren't there. The tees were pretty much the same length as the rough but more bare. The fairway was non-existent, the course was completely rough. I didn't think there would even be a course that wouldn't cut the fairway have it the same length as the rough. I still can't get over this. Also the fairway was quite bare. There was really no fringe or anything around the green, it was just rough then green. The greens were quite bad but they were sadly the best part of the course. There were ball marks galore on the green and the aeration job was awful. The greens also had cracks and dry/dead spots on about 1/3 of the greens. Also when they cut the green they managed to leave behind the remnants of it such as grass clippings from the mower. Lastly on the course conditions in the bunkers. The bunkers were as I expected, not raked. however at least they weren't packed down and rock hard so if you wanted you could rake it and place to get a reasonable lie. Now the layout, the layout in my opinion was awful. If you are going to be making an executive style course such as this you really shouldn't be having many forced carries. basically through hole 11 most hole required some sort of carry or trouble that is fairly easy to get into. The reason for this is because this course is and executive course and it targeted for beginners who more than likely don't have the swing to consistently get it over trouble. So by forcing people to carry trouble it makes it a lot less enjoyable to play since you will be loosing so many balls. design wise I would say the first 12 holes were not very good and the last 6 were pretty decent design wise. So overall this is the worst course I have ever played and I have played some awful courses. I would not recommend this course even for the $10 hot deal I have seen on golfnow. I will never go back and I recommend you never go at all.

Course Layout: Poor

"Fun"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2016

Fun family friendly course. Short holes with a TON of character. Conditions were rough in some places and ball marks on the greens aren't fixed by many golfers. Through these issues, it's still my favorite "executive" style course I've ever played.

"Only worth a golf now special price"

donsprinkle's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Course a good place to practice short game or for beginners, but course in sad shape for seasoned golfers. Fairways are terrible not much different that the rough, hard as a rock and a lots of dirt. Greens not much better lots of damaged spots and no one must fix there divots!!!(Beginners I guess). But for the price, the practice and short time of play worth a round if you don't have much time and can play under less than desirable condition, and get a golf now discount. If you pay full price you will feel ripped off. Don't expect a lot and don't pay a lot. Go out and play golf and have fun Don.

"Good value"

CrouchingTiger61's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2016

I love this course. Lots of par 3s. Great place to work on irons. I am a shorte hitter off the tee so this course suits me. Greens are in good condition. This is not a course for a long hitter. I plan on coming back.

"Course was very nice, short but nice."

William6536828's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2016

I will play this course again, it is very nice to practice short irons and par threes.

"Great Links gem"

rcraiglaw1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I need work on my short game and this course did not disappoint. Lots of opportunities to shoot out of sand, trees, around water, forced carries, postage stamp fast greens surrounded by bunkers...Awesome course. In very good shape, fairways not bumpy. Just the course I was hoping for on my first round of the year.

"Love this course!"

kpbass's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

For a shorter course it has a very fun and interesting layout with a lot of variation from hole to hole. It is a great course to walk because of its length and has a very laid back atmosphere. Can't beat the GolfNow special rate. I hope to play it again soon.

"Fun time good value"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2016

Fun time on a short course. No par 5's and many par 3's allow for good work on your irons from 150 and in. Also allows for a fast round of golf.

"Horrible Course Conditions!"

BergerKing22784's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Wow... All I can say is wow. This was my first ever golf course last season when I picked up the game. Ive golfed it maybe 3 other times at various price points and the course did its job for the price we payed. Today we played and 2 of the greens were not even playable. They were covered in muddy brown fungus? I dont know they were bad. A handful of other greens had lots of dead spots as well. I am sad we paid the normal Saturday morning rate considering the condition of multiple holes. They really should have offered rates of half off while they fix this problem with the course. Needless to say I will probably stay away for a season or two or until I hear much better reports.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Terrible greens and t boxes"

Travis3826299's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2015

Greens were brown. T boxes hard as a rock and torn up

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Short Game Workout"

Ervmclain's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The course was as expected. It provided a venue for work on your short game. I played from the whites because they paired my playing partner and me up and we allowed the other twosome to choose the tees.We were away from home and needed to get an early morning tee time and were successful here. I would play it again in a pinch but certainly with no regret.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Nice Course"

bdaerr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Nice course. A bit on the short side but some of the holes are challenging with water and bunkers. Most of the fairways and greens were in good condition.

"Overall Average"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2015

You come to this course for great prices (via GolfNow), quick rounds and practicing par 3s. The price was great as usual through GolfNow and I got some much needed work on my irons and par 3s.

Unfortunately, the pace of place was awful. We finished the 3rd hole and there were 2 other groups ahead of us waiting in line for the 4th tee. I've always been a firm believer in making people ride carts during the weekends. Case in point, all of us were waiting for a large group of walkers to finish the hole. It took us about 4 hours to finish the course which isn't bad, but considering 10 of the 18 holes are par 3s, it should only take 3 hours max to finish. I've been here about 3 times before this and I've never had this much of an issue so consider the time and day when you schedule a tee time.

Another issue I have are the greens. The greens were awful on several holes on the front 9. There were tons of dry patches and dirt patches. However, the greens on the back 9 were decent and acceptable.

Overall, considering the price I paid for the round, I am not disappointed. But the pace of play could have been much much better.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"The course fairway is actually rough...Smh"

Thomas9153004's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2015

From a view in the distance the course looks decent. Once you actually get on the grass there is nothing distinguishing between the fairway and rough. They both looked and felt the same. The greens were ok, a few more damage then others. Not bad for a short course. There was an excessive amount of par 3's, that ok. But if they are going too be consecutive, I would have rather have at least 2-3 club selection between the holes. Not use the same club for three straight holes. The staff were nice and professional.

"Great for begginers"

bigcq8713's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2015

I have played here about 6 or 7 times and it is a great course to practice your chops and for begginers. There are many par 3s and no pat 5s. As my friend says this is the course to boost your confidence.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Good course for iron play"

hmsbiz's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Verified Purchaser

Good course to work on your iron play. Also a good course for beginners to learn the game and have fun at the same time.

"Fun course to work on your short game"

KidIcarus08's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2015

You won't need many drivers. No Par 5's, lots of Par 3's, but this is NOT a Par 3 course. Great place to walk and work on your irons and short game.

When we went, the was in decent condition. The greens rolled true. For the price, I highly recommend to new golfers or experienced golfers who want to work on their short iron shots.

"winter rules"

Pepaw829's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Fine time at a course I've played ever since it opened. Played front nine in 1 hour!!

"Nice day in the sun"

GolfNupe4's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2014

My wife and I really enjoyed this course. We like the various par 3s. The staff was friendly. We enjoyed playing over the water hazards. Will plan it again.