Year Built 1997
Architect Joe Lee (1997) Bill Love

Excellent Conditions...And Wonderful Veterans Day Deal

I haven't played Greystone in more than two years. I was asked by three Veterans to travel up with them for the Veterans Day event. Each Veteran played for only $15 (cart fee) and any guests with them played for $28! This was quite a deal--even with my Tee Time Book, it would have been $41. Kudos to Gregstone (and Baltimore County Golf) for recognizing our Veterans. The course was in excellent condition..the fairways were green and lush, the bunkers were exceptional sand (and I was in a couple), and the greens were cut, rolled and moving at a nice pace (not as quick as I remember them, but a good stimp). Even with the Veterans Day deal, the pace of play was good, and the staff were very welcoming. After golf, we stopped at the grill for a quick sandwich. Our server took extremely good care of us and our food came quickly...and it was excellent! Because of the traffic around the Baltimore Beltway, it does take me over an hour to make the drive, but I will think about playing there more than every two years in the future. The course is a nice layout with a nice mixture of doglegs, carries, and penalty areas, It's a nice challenge, but does have some scoring holes mixed in. Definitely above average course.

Fast challenging greens, course condition does not support price of greens fees

Ok, I enjoyed playing the course, it was a challenge, but I was expecting much better course conditions to support the greens fee price. $107 was a steep price to pay for the condition the course was in. Let me be specific: The greens - some greens had some spots of what appear to be snow mold of some sort of bad patches throughout the greens. There were spots where this did affect how my ball rolled towards the hole; again not to be expected of the caliber the course is trying to portray ($107 green fee). Divots and lack of repair of divots: this is partially on the patrons and the course. The divots in the fairway were many and unrepaired in landing zones where people frequent. Also the ball marks on the green were many unrepaired and the greens suffer in my opinion by the lack of maintenance and repair. I repaired 3 ball marks to my one on every green, but could have been there for hours just replacing ball marks; again, not something I expect of this caliber of course.

Other than the course conditions, I enjoyed playing this course and the layout is a challenge. Given everything, I would expect the greens fees to be more in the $60-75 range.

Forgot How Challenging These Greens Are...

I like all the Baltimore County courses, but Greystone is considered one of the premiere courses. The course conditions were almost excellent, except for some unrepaired divots (large ones) in the many of the fairways. And, the greens were EXTREMELY fast...very close to being unfair on some holes, i.e., #3, #9, and #12. The pins were in tough positions, but still the greens were very, very fast. I do have an issue with hole #7--I just think this is a stupid hole, especially from the forward tees. You have to tee off with an 8 or 7 iron (and still end up in the water), and then have to hit the longest wood you have to try to clear the water. Ugh...the water just needs to be filled in. Overall, though, a great course, kept in great condition, and a very nice grill for after the round. The staff are always warm and welcoming. And, with the Tee Time Book ($38) + a lunch speak ($8 for lunch with a sleeve of balls), $46 was a real deal to play this course.

Indy Advisor

Overpriced for Conditions

Found this course as a place to meet old friends in between all of us. None of us were impressed while playing. All felt it was way overpriced, especially for the conditions. The greens were recently punched and were very patchy/sandy and slow. The fairways were quite patchy and inconsistent as well. We all had discrepancies with the distance on our phones and the markers on the course that made it a guessing game. The layout is very targety at times, so this just made it harder. You'd need to play there a few times to figure out how to score on it and where to miss.

At $76 for full-freight on a weekend, it's a very poor value. Maybe it'll be better mid-season, but I doubt it. Best thing there, honestly, was the extra wide 2-ply toilet paper in the locker room. Truly completes the metaphor for what I thought of the course.

Commented on 11/16/2019

from Indiana?? call any course ahead of time to get an update
on conditions - aerating,etc

Best Kept Secret

this course doesn't get the play it deserves
Best kept secret in Baltimore County

Loved this Track

My buddy and I had planned to play Bulle Rock this day, only to find Bulle Rock unavailable because of a club championship. Pick this course because of location and availability . I could not have been happier had I played Bulle Rock. Greens were firm and fast and accepted shots very well, especially for so young a course. Every green putted at the same speed. Everything is right in front of you. Don't remember one blind shot. Fairway offered many level stances. A bad errant shot made you pay, as they should. Very fair challenging course. Can't wait to get back. Multiple tee boxes make this place a beast from the tips and fun for higher handicaps and seniors.

Has Its Defenses

Greystone is a well-designed course with a lot of variety among its 18 holes although it did seem as though there were around three par-3's that were similar to one another - medium length shots over protected marsh areas to greens with a strong back to front slope.

This course is not a long one but it has its defenses. This is not a grip-it-and-rip-it course as hazards are strategically placed. On the day I played it most recently, the greens were super fast if you were putting down hill - each of us experienced several instances putting uphill, missing the hole, and finding the ball back at our feet. However, putting uphill, the grain really grabbed the ball. Lots of three-putts on our scorecards plus one or two four-putts.

A complaint I have is that the bunkers were not dressed well. A couple of the bunkers that I found myself in were steeply cupped at the bottom - nearly all shots to the bunker rolled down to the very bottom and an extremely steep and hard swing was necessary to get your sand wedge into the sand behind the ball and then under it. This made the deeper bunkers very very difficult to get out of.

This course also needs more distance markers.

All in all I like the course and will play it more often if I can find good discounts.

Course in great shape for November.

Very challenging course. Overall great shape. Greens were in fine shape, although some of the pin positions were very difficult, caused frequent three putting in our group. Overall excellent value, but very unforgiving at times.

Good value for the money

Be prepared for 3 consecutively difficult holes. Course was in great condition considering the time of the years.

Hunt Valley, Maryland
Street, Maryland
Timonium, Maryland
Hampstead, Maryland

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900