Stone E Lea

Year Built 1955

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard

Snacks

Course Conditions

These greens ar among the best I’ve been on. They are consistent and true throughout the course. Very impressive.

Commented on 10/23/2020

Lonnie8315031, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Stone - E - Lea Golf Course.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hello, Matt2368647. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Stone - E - Lea Golf Course.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Kevin8310540, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (508) 222-9735. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello, u314160863457. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Stone - E - Lea Golf Course.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi, u314159528456. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Stone - E - Lea Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Greens

Course is usually in good shape for the money. However, I played on Saturday morning and the greens were just aerated. In my opinion this should be done on a Monday or Sunday evening so the weekend golfers are not affected by this. It is not worth the full price if you are essentially putting on a sand trap. It would have been nice to be forewarned or given a discount due to the miserable condition of the greens. Won’t be back until next season. Get it together.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hello, nc53091. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule and keeping them in best condition. We will pass along your feedback to our team for review. We hope to see you back soon!

Drought has really hurt this course

Love the layout and the staff is nice but the recent drought had turned the fairways into basically concrete. Balls just roll endlessly and bounce aggressively because of how dry and flat the “grass” is.

Tee boxes are okay, rates are pretty good. I’ll give this another chance next season.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hello, jfeely27. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Stone - E - Lea Golf Course!

Aerated greens

Greens seem like they were just aerated, maybe Friday evening or Saturday morning. Not a great look for the golf course on a weekend. I’ve played this course dozens of times and never left hanging like this. It was miserable play. Even for the money, the clubhouse should have given a discount or a heads up. Won’t be back until 2021. Wish I could play here another 3-4 rounds this year but the groundskeeping doesn’t care about the average golfer.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hello, nc53091. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Stone - E - Lea Golf Course!

Commented on 09/30/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Stone - E - Lea Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good Cheap Course

This course is not maintained too well. I don't know if it was the season because it's early September. Regardless, it was the cheapest 18 holes I've ever played and I would highly recommend this course to the average beginner.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Hi Z7yaYAhGbLQWeSpJDzP4! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope to see you again soon. Course conditions should become better as we move into fall :)

Excellent Condition

Greens probably aerated two weekk ago. With recent rain,,greens are excellent !!!!! Great value !! Great staff !!!

Commented on 09/17/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u845089425! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good

For the money, it's a perfectly reasonable course. Plenty of other courses in the area think their course is better than it really is and the price reflects it. This place is unassuming and perfectly reasonable. The tee boxes and greens are perfectly fine. The fairways are certainly less pristine, especially if it's been dry (and it's been very dry lately). But this course also presents a decent set of challenges. Most holes are tree-lined and tight. A protruding tree here and there and several doglegs make distance control and shot shapes paramount. You'll have more than one hole where playing sideways from the trees is your best play. Stone-E-Lea is a good course to work on your game. It's not the course I'd want to join and play every day, but I enjoy my occasional trips here.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hi, CParish860. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a good experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself on the course. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Thank you for visiting and playing at Stone - E - Lea Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Won't play again soon

Very rough course. Dry fairways, like playing on concrete in a lot of areas. Some greens in rough shape. It's too bad because the course layout is good but the conditions make it not worth playing. I used to play here often because it was cheap, but they raised their rates. Now they cost the same as the course down the street that is immaculately groomed. This may be the last time I play here.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hello, u439185353. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Stone - E - Lea Golf Course!

Commented on 09/08/2020

u314160681789, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (508) 222-9735. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Great Folks!

Have played here a bunch of times and the people running the show have always been top noticed. Today is just such an example. Left my cellphone behind in the golf cart. When I returned, the lady in clubhouse, Rachel, could not have been nicer. Actually called the number and sure enough another twosome picked it up. She arranged for the starter to take me out to the second hole to pick it up. First Class! Kind of treatment you would expect as a member at a private course.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us crippenf. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Stone - E - Lea Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 08/28/2020

Commented on 08/24/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314160621214. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

It was pretty dry out there so there was a lot of roll but it was still a fun course. Those extra rolls probably improved my score haha. The staff is awesome also.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hi TeeWhy86! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Green—Greens

Despite the drought..greens were quick and true..fairways are taking a beating with no rain but it’s nice to add 30yds of roll! Hats off to the crew for all your hard work !

Commented on 08/21/2020

okfine, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Stone - E - Lea Golf Course.

Attleboro, Massachusetts