Beverly Golf & Tennis Club

"Okay Conditions"

KevinCoombs's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

I went to school in Beverly for 12 years so I was able to play a few holes here and there throughout the years. A few weeks ago, I played 18 holes here for the first time. I enjoyed the experience overall. The conditions were a little below average, but it is nearing the end of the season and a lot of these public courses get that way once August hits.

"Great course on the north shore"

mford91711's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2015

This is my go to course on a weekend morning. Sometimes during the summer months it's tough with tournaments to get a tee time. Course is in good condition, most of the year it was in excellent condition but starting to get a bit dry lately. Greens are in great condition except 16 some dirt patches in the back of green. My personal favorite back to back par 3 on 11 and 12, 11 is a tough 1 better to be short then long, and no room to be left.18 is another deceiving hole, 225 down the fairway is a creek that eats up balls. I have never been to the grill as I usually tee off by 630am

"Quick 9 on the north shore"

Richie4326581's avatar
Boston Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2015

I found Beverly golf and tennis club a very enjoyable course. My gf and I only had time for 9 do we decided to go to Beverly. Very quick and easy to find off the freeway. Pro shop was smallish but people inside and starter very helpful and friendly. Range was very short and had mats to hit off. This was my only complaint. Course was in great shape!! Green and lush. Fairways newly mowed and very playable. Greens were slow but consistent. We played front nine where there are a few short holes # 4,5 and 9. But still rewarded good shots. After round we went into grille to find that on Mondays there is no cook so we had a nice cold draft on patio. Grill room is in parking lot so no views of course. Overall a fun day and will plan on going back to play full 18.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 08/31/2015

Just want to add to Richie's review. The tee boxes make a big difference on the front nine. The fourth hole is 400 yards. That's not really "short," unless you played the forward tees for a hero shot from 266 yards. 5 and nine are just over 300 yards from the back tees. 6th hole par 3 is 195 from the back instead of 160 from forward tees. It's not a long course, but it's not a "short course." Course has a fun layout but conditions have deteriorated.