2.6
2.4
2.1
1 reviews

Type Public/Municipal

Located on the west side of Brockton, D.W. Field Golf Course is just 30 minutes south of Boston. The 18-hole course, which dates back to 1927, has a classic design that is player friendly enough for all skill levels, though it's best for beginners. It's even gentle enough for junior players who want to get some practice with a full-length course. The course meanders through the Olmsted-designed D.W. Field Park and offers scenic views throughout. It's a driver-friendly layout with generous landing areas on nearly every hole. Only one fairway bunker comes into play. D.W. Field Golf Course's challenges come from the small greens, many of which are elevated, sloping, or multi-tiered. There are two reachable par 5s as well as a few tough holes, including the uphill 13th hole.

Year Built 1927
Architect Wayne Stiles (1927) John Van Kleek (1927)

Worst Golf Experience I have ever had

We have played as a group of friend at D.W. Fields several times over the years. It is a good course for the money and the convenience. It was 92 degrees the day we played we had an 8am tee time and a 810am. Long story short the ranger was on us all day following us and keeping a real eye on us. When you come off the 7 tee you have to drive by the club house to get to 8. This is the only time you can hit the club house without cutting back through the course. We were yelled at by the ranger for getting water and a hotdog, because we were holding up play. We explained we needed water he said we should have been more prepared and needed to get back out on the course. Worst I have ever been treated in the 15 years I have been golfing. I refuse to go back.

Absoulutely

Great job on greens, fairway, sand traps, personnel. We are sooo grateful...!!!!

Bad experience

Booked a tee time online, got here and they told us we had a different time, and they wanted no part of seeing the email confirmation. Then we weren't told until we checked in with the starter that there was a frost delay earlier and they were behind by 20 minutes. Not sure how you can't catch up over 6 hours. Once we finally started, all we did was wait. There were three groups waiting on each of the first five tees before it finally opened up a little. After it took 2.5 hours to play 7 holes, we decided to leave, and they reluctantly gave us a rain check. Certainly doesn't seem like the people working here know how to run a golf course.

Pleasantly surprised

Reserved as a hot deal and thought it would be good just to try it out. First time here so didn't know what to expect. Pleasantly surprised. Fairways and greens were in good shape. Friendly staff. Challenging enough but not overly challenging. Would definitely recommend this course to others.

good shape / overpriced

overpriced , but enjoy playing the course from time to time. the owners of the food shop are the best and the prices are very reasonable and they are so friendly. The course has gone thru a lot of changes in the past year and the prices are one of them, although the course is in great shape its a bit over priced , I can play 18 in Lakeville after 12:00 for $50.00 and in Bridgewater after 2:30 for $ 40.00 , the prices are raised a bit too much here that's my voice and a lot of people I have talked to.

Many improvements and new staff - much better

I gave this course a so-so review in the past. They have since made many upgrades to the course and it's condition, and the new staff is excellent. Nice improvements to a local course.

Great course, fun to play

First time playing this course and loved it. Wasn't too bad on the wallet, set up smoothly, minus the odd starting back 9 which is at the 7, or something. Just play 18, and avoid confusion and you're golden. Great course for learning golfers and seasoned ones.

Great pace of play, and well maintained fairways

Good course for beginners. Greens can be better maintained but fairways are immaculate. Friendly staff.

So so

Course is not bad. But operate by city
Horrible club house and staff.
Start 8th hole to 18th and 4th to 9 the hole
Finally 1st to 3rd.
Management is too bad.
Don't go this course.

Excellent Value!

This course has been in superb condition the last couple years, weekday afternoon specials are a fantastic value.

Nice city course

The greens are recently aerated, so the bumpy rolls were tough, but that said this course is good shape and will get better. The new management group are like Bill Parcels, they make clubs better.
This is a great walking course with plenty of challenge with well placed sand, solid rough and some tough greens. Overall it's a big yardage course and I'll play the back tees next time.
The last holes before 18 are short which slows the pace, but overall, I look forward to playing again.

D.W. Field.....Had Fun !!!

Everything was fine. Enjoyed the course, the staff, and the weather !!!

One Complaint

My son took a day off from work to play and the course was in great condition. However we were told and it was confirmed that the majority of the greens were not playable as they were being aerated. That meant that by default, the bunkers were also out of play.
I think that it is incumbent upon either the course or Golf Now to inform would be players of a condition that will undoubtedly compromise the games enjoyment.
I'll go back when they're not working on the course and I'm sure that it will be fine to play a round in.

I will be back

much better conditions than I anticipated.wide open on most holes and the greens were excellent.very good afternoon of golf.

good condition

$ 10 on golfnow can't be beat.3 hour round. greens nice but s;low.enjoyed the course & would return.

Poor weather

First time playing D.W. even though I live right next door. Can not rate the pace of play because we played on a very rainy day so we essentially had the course to ourselves.

The course is in awesome shape for a smaller muni course. Relatively short, only 5500 from the whites. Tee shots are easy, not much trouble and no water hazards. Fairways look pretty good and greens are incredible!! Cant say enough good things about the greens. Roll very very true.

Also Deb who runs the food stand is the best!! Incredible burgers while we were waiting for the rain to ease up.

Go to D.W.! You wont be dissapointed!

Boston Advisor

Cold am weather

Course was in good shape for time of year. Cart paths need repair but overall a good day. Greens were firm and quick,but in great condition. Will definitely return.

The GREENS!!!!

Wow, unbelievable shape for this time of year, greens were really firm fast and true. was very busy for a Thursday am but we went off on time and never got slowed down by the groups in front of us. I highly recommend a visit, ive played here in the past but over the last 2 years the conditions have improved immensely. Great job to the staff, their hard work shows on all holes.

Play DW! Play DW often!

Play DW Fields! The course is in great shape as the fairways are good and the greens even better! You pay for greens fees and you get great putting surfaces! I have played here many times and this year I've seen a transformation in the course! It keeps getting better! I've heard from others before that it was a dog track. It's in good shape where it's worth the money! It's still a public muni but the greens are like a semi private club. If you hit good shots and can putt well, you'll have a good day.

Fantastic greens!

I have played the course for years and the work they have done on this course the last few years is really paying off. The greens were as good as any course i have played in the last 365 days. Sure the course has some drainage issues but that would not prevent me from playing here. The fairways are green, the tees are full with grass and the greens as mentioned were top notch. Sure this course is not Peeble Beach but for the price i would have no issue with this course. One of my fellow playing partners was a private country club kid who said he would love to come back and play.

Commented on 04/19/2016

It's great to see all the hard work appreciated! That made our day to read. We hear you on the drainage issues, so rest assured we're tackling those as quickly as possible. In any case, we'd love to have you back so feel free to come by whenever!

Stoughton, Massachusetts
South Easton, Massachusetts
Sharon, Massachusetts
Braintree, Massachusetts

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.