Great Hope Golf Course

Great Hope Golf Course
Scorecard for Great Hope Golf Course
Black M: 73.3/127 392 448 213 399 456 565 167 539 395 3574 421 577 425 363 503 203 381 171 429 3473 7047
Blue M: 71.4/125 371 428 177 374 430 525 154 508 353 3320 376 551 408 336 479 180 352 158 405 3245 6565
White M: 69.3/120 314 394 164 343 409 493 146 481 331 3075 354 532 381 321 440 158 323 150 375 3034 6109
Gold M: 67.3/115 W: 72.5/123 290 375 143 320 382 469 124 447 296 2846 329 502 355 298 395 147 306 134 344 2810 5656
Red W: 70.0/118 264 324 136 287 345 453 107 416 275 2607 288 472 340 284 369 134 280 108 322 2597 5204

Year Built 1995

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

19th Hole Specials 6

Nice Day wish it could have been longer

Played at 4 pm on a Saturday and the course was in good condition except for a few spots here and there. It was such a beautiful day. It is just a shame that I had to play 9 and not 18 because the man in the pro shop told me carts are due in at 7 pm. Does not start getting dark until 8:30 so i don't understand why. Besides that it was a great day

Response from Great Hope Golf Course on 07/18/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. Thank you for recommending our course, but we are sorry to hear about your disappointment that you were not able to play 18 that day. Thank you again for the review, and we hope that you will be back sometime soon.

Would Play It Again !!!

Found this course on GolfNow, booked to play on the way home from Virginia Beach. The layout was great and with a different challenge on every hole. Played the White Tees and that was the correct tee box for us. Every hole has something different in store for you. We played as 2 ball and did the front 9 in 90 minutes without rushing. There are enough mounds, ponds & wetlands to keep you focused on almost every shot. If we are down in the area again would want to stop in and play it again.

Ok course for a quick 18

Played alone around 0900, wasn’t anybody to pair with as it was threatening to rain. Started on back nine, played two balls and finished in 2 1/2 hrs. No rain. Greens were sandy, otherwise course in good condition.

Response from Great Hope Golf Course on 06/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Great looking course

I enjoyed the course and my partner who I just met enjoyed the time together. The courses was being cut due to the rainy spell and the it looked great . There were some low spots that caused standing water. The rough on a couple holes caused me difficulty but, I had a good round.

nice layout and conditions

If your at the MD or DE beaches its a bit of a drive but very much worth it. Course has a links feeling with plenty of marshes high grass and water hazards. A real value when compared to the prices charged at the resort area courses. I think its owned by the county and a staff member came by in a cart asking how we liked the course. Our reply was this place is really a hidden gem. Depending on were you leave from it probably an hour to an hour 1/2 to get there. Not to far past UMES. Played in less than four hours on a Saturday afternoon. Greens very well kept, and fairways above average. Rough was a bit long, but it has been raining a lot in Demarva these past few weeks. pretty much had to hack back in play if the settled in the high stuff. Even has a grass driving range 2.50 for a small bucket to warm up. Its a good deal all around.

Good condition despite all the rain

The course was not crowded probably due to all the rain in the past week. Cart path only on all holes but the course was in better shape than expected. Definitely would play here again.

Great Staff

The staff was very friendly! The course was in great shape! I have played here many times and always pleased with the out come. If you're in the area, you should check it out.

Very open

I play here a lot. The course is wide open, offering a chance for Even the most amateur of golfers. The course is always in decent shape during the cold months and in good condition otherwise. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to play a solid course for a good price.

Great Course and Employee

This review is commend the work of the Assistant golf pro Mark. My friend and I got there in the early afternoon and checked in with Mark. We chatted for a few minutes about my game and I asked him if the range was open. He told me that the range machine was empty because the picker was being serviced and they could not get out there to pick but said he would be able to get a basket for me. I went outside to load me bag and he came out from downstairs with a full basket for $5. After we played the front 9 we pulled up to the pro shop and see Mark driving the range picker back over from the range. I jokingly asked him if the picker was back up and running and he said yes and he just got finished putting balls in the machine. We then go inside and notice that the restaurant doors are closed so I walk out and ask Mark if they have closed up. He said that they closed for the day but he was able to sell me drinks and snacks. He stops washing carts and comes inside to sell us sodas and a couple snacks. After we finish 18 we pull up and Mark is outside washing carts again. He stops and ask us how the round went. We stand there chatting for ten or so minutes with me explaining what problem I was having. He then ask me to take a swing out front so he can see what is going on. He tells me that it looks like im getting to vertical on my backswing and suggests that I keep my arms more attached to my body throughout my swing. This simple tip has changed so much for me and I definitely planning on getting some future lessons from him. Mark seems to do everything and does it all with a smile on his face. I would be complaining about having to do so much while the other guy sits inside watching tv but that is just me. Great job keep it up!

Check this out

Great day ,course in great shape for December had a good time . Pro is doing an excellent job

Real Gem

For a public course, you will not find a better course to play on the Eastern Shore as good as this course is.

November golf

Course in great shape for late fall golf. Will keep going.

I HATE GOLF!!

Actually I don't hate golf, I just played about 12 stroke over my normal game today. The course was beautiful, well-maintained and the greens were in good shape. My problem was between the ears and not practicing good posture.

I recommend Great Hope to everyone! It is quickly becoming one of my favorite golf courses. A real gem on Delmarva.

Great Value for the area

Played while on vacation. This was the perfect break. Not too narrow, but just enough water challenges to keep you on your toes.

Best course for the money

Course condition is improving and pace of place is fast. Best value for a golf course on the eastern shore.

Lots of Fun

I'm very glad we finally played this course. I've been looking at it on Golf Now for a while. We will be back the next time we are any near it.

Snow Hill, Maryland