View of the 3rd green at The New England Country Club.

New England Country Club

Year Built 1990
Architect Hale Irwin (1990) Gary Kern (1990) Ron Kern (1990)

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, Amex or Discover
Dress code Collared shirts required. No jeans.

Great conditions

This course is in great shape and is equally fun and challenging

Commented on 05/26/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Reed9678476! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159973432! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The New England Country Club!

Mixed bag

Nice course, good mix of holes, interesting layout. When you arrive, you must call the course on your phone, because the pro shop is closed to any contact, and the starter is on the far side of the parking lot in front of hole 2, which is now the first hole of play: you finish with hole 1 which ends at the other end of the parking lot. For my money, that makes more sense anyway, as hole 18 ends a ways from the clubhouse. The greens had recently been aerated, so were shaggy and bumpy. The main problem I had was that, at the turn, you are faraway from the clubhouse, which did have some drinks and hot dogs available, and there was no water on the course. It was a warm day, and even though I had brought a thermos with me, I ran out and was quite dehydrated by the end of the round.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hello, alfin. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. With the new procedures in place for the safety of our staff and guests, we hope to expand our amenities for our golfers when it is safe to do so. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at The New England Country Club.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jose2910591! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The New England Country Club!

Disappointed

Let me first say that I believe this is a great golf course, I play here often and I love the layout and the people in the pro shop. I also believe that this is a tough time to review any golf course, due to all the coronavirus restrictions placed upon all courses in Massachusetts and elsewhere.. That being said, the first thing I noticed when we finished the first hole was that it had been recently aerated. When I booked through GolfNow they usually tell you when a course has been aerated. Unfortunately, GolfNow did not bother to do that Shame on GolfNow. Second, there were areas that were under construction last year and are still under construction. These areas affect the gameplay as they are right around the greens. Thirdly, it is my understanding the only handicapped people ( with permission in writing) should be using carts. While I won't question the foursome in carts that materialized behind us on the back nine, they suddenly appeared in front of us and we ended up having to wait to tee off on the last three holes. This is highly unprofessional, especially for this great golf course. This is the kind of thing that'll spoil it for everybody else. I still highly recommend this golf course, and I hope these things will be straightened out. Knowing the people behind this golf course I'm sure it will. Thank you.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hi Antwan1. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The New England Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Course is in great shape, the pace of play was also great. Great staff and great Course management during these difficult times. This course gives you a PGA level experience. If you can break 90 it’s a good day. After playing this course you will have the confidence to score low in any other New England courses. Can’t wait to play again soon!!

Commented on 05/12/2020

Jeankervin, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The New England Country Club.

Beautiful golf day

I joined two other players.. our group moved around the course quickly... weather was great, the course was fun.. a good day.

Commented on 04/13/2020

Hi 1Jarcel2. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The New England Country Club.

Great Condition for Early Spring, Really Nice Greens

Very nice condition for early spring along with a good pace for play.

Check in process & Cart assignment went extremely fast.

Commented on 03/10/2020

We appreciate you leaving us a review, we're glad you enjoyed your time at New England Country Club!

Commented on 03/10/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, Geoff. We're glad you enjoyed your time at New England!

Commented on 02/18/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review!

Greens Aerated Recently!

Course is in great shape except that the greens were aerated recently. They need a couple more weeks to grow back and fill in. Greens fee seems high for walking. Better values at nearby courses at least until the greens smooth out from aeration. Plan on 4.5 hour round walking due to the distances between holes, especially on the back nine. Round starts on hole #2 adjacent to the parking lot which makes for a challenging finish with 18 & 1 after walking the course!

Commented on 05/15/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000007756119! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The New England Country Club!

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hello, bcuddy28. We are beyond happy to hear you and your **[husband/wife/son/daughter/family/friends/colleagues]** enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you and your **[husband/wife/son/daughter/family/friends/colleagues]**. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at The New England Country Club.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The New England Country Club!

#Golf
#GolfLife
#letsglow
#GolfTravel
#GolfFriends
#drivechipandputt
#BeautifulGolfCourses

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hi Phetpaseuth. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The New England Country Club.

Commented on 11/26/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The New England Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great condition

For playing golf in November, the course was in great shape. Greens were well kept and rolled nice

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hello, cjmelfi. We are beyond happy to hear you and your **[husband/wife/son/daughter/family/friends/colleagues]** enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you and your **[husband/wife/son/daughter/family/friends/colleagues]**. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at The New England Country Club.

Commented on 11/19/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, CJ. We're glad you enjoyed your time at New England Country Club!

Commented on 11/11/2019

Commented on 02/04/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, bcuddy28. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 11/07/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The New England Country Club!

Unimpressed

Had an 11am tee time for which I checked in at 10:40. At NECC you get a cart and ride a few minutes onto the course to get to the starter and 1/10 tee boxes so I loaded up and head off. When I get to the starter he tells me there is some member tournament running late so we'd be 'delayed by 20-30 minutes.' Not ideal but fine. As a number of foursomes are standing around, it's painfully obvious that these groups in the tournament are beyond terrible and are at least 2-3 holes behind pace of play. At one point there was a 20 minute gap between groups that the starter refused to let any of us jump into. Almost no communication from the starter during the delay. A number of us asked if we could jump off the back or somewhere else on the course, which was refused. FINALLY, at 12pm we tee off and it is beyond SLOW because of the backup. Make the turn to 10 and the food shack has closed. If the course is significantly delayed, why aren't the amenities adjusted accordingly? Finished our brutal round in 5:02 which is just insane for the time of day and time of year. At the end of the round the pro shop offered us a free 9-hole credit but at this point I don't see myself ever going back there--I could not be any less impressed with how the whole situation was handled and I've been telling anyone I know about the experience.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round, this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time, but sometimes we fall short. We'd love another opportunity to earn your business, and there's a lot of good golf weather left this season - we'd like to offer you a complimentary foursome to return to Bellingham and give us another try. Please reach out to me directly at mikedaron@newenglandcountryclub.com to discuss details. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing The New England Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/13/2019

We appreciate you leaving us a review. If there's anything else you think we could improve, please give us a call at (508) 883-2300. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Commented on 10/10/2019

Fun course, great condition

This is a fun course to play. A lot of target golf with challenging lies. Course is in excellent condition, especially the greens. Only knock is that pace of play could be much better. Took us about 5 hours to play on a Saturday, waiting to hit on every shot. Other than that it's a great course at a great price.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your time at New England Country Club. Come see us again soon!

Bellingham, Massachusetts