View of the 3rd green at The New England Country Club.

New England Country Club

Year Built 1990
Architect Hale Irwin (1990) Gary Kern (1990) Ron Kern (1990)

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa, Amex or Discover
Dress code Collared shirts required. No jeans.

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 11/30/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, wallyg33. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Massachusetts Advisor

End of season conditions

... course over all, conditions, were very good, what with must have been a very active past spring/summer/fall seasons...
...with shorter day light hours, might have made sense to put our two some with another two some rather than letting a foursome go in between(turns out, 2 of 4 were on their first time on a course and other twosome let us jump)
...pin placement and greens can be, challenging...or, perhaps, just ...evil...LOL...those who have played here before know, the 18th is two tiered, sloped hard right to left...and the greens were...well rolled-->mega quick
PLAY IT...just expect a lot of TWO PUTTS...no gimmes allowed...LOL

Commented on 11/30/2020

BostonBeans, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The New England Country Club.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hi, wallyg33. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The New England Country Club.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello, u001816128. Thank you for visiting us at The New England Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/30/2020

u126424253, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (508) 883-2300. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Great layout but not worth the $

It’s a great layout and well-designed course but it’s not at all worth the $. You can play much better courses around MA for $90 (pine hills, waverly, granite on the right day, etc). The course (specifically greens and tee boxes) is in poor shape for a course this expensive and could really use some active maintenance

Furthermore it doesn’t seem like they have any interest in following COVID guidelines. I was charged double for a cart because I wasn’t willing to share it with another golfer, which seems to be in direct contradiction with their policy of maintaining 6ft social distance at all times. I understand courses are probably suffering financially, but making golfers pay extra $ for reasonable assurance that they will be able to be safe while playing during covid seems like bad business.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing The New England Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 11/05/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The New England Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great condition!

Always a pleasure to play this challenging course. Lost a few balls in the leaves, but also found more than I lost.

Commented on 10/27/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, pwquawd! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Little disappointed

I was a single golfer, paired up with three other golfers. When I checked in, I was asked if I mind sharing a cart, I said yes, I would prefer to ride alone, given I don’t know the other golfers. I was charged an extra $20, turning it into a $100 round. I played five rounds this year, the other four I was given a cart at no additional charge. That was disappointing.

Course was in very nice shape, greens rolled fantastic.

Commented on 10/27/2020

Hello, AntPont. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting The New England Country Club!

Commented on 10/27/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, bcuddy28. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The New England Country Club!

Pace of Play

2 hours and 45 minutes for 9 holes is outrageous and certainly not worth the $89 Sunday morning greens fees. I would like to think that the remarks on the scorecard about eliminating slow play, and the expected time to complete a par 3, 4, and 5 would mean something. Having a 4some with little on-course skills is no excuse to justify 20/mins per hole. Staff really should be more cognizant of unjustifiable slow play. I’m a single handicapper and have been playing golf for more than 20 years and today was the first time I left after 9 holes due to pace of play. I thought only Triggs could cultivate this type of pace but alas, New England Country Club has achieved something new.

Commented on 10/14/2020

Hi npmccormick. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The New England Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Expensive for what it is

First time playing here and won’t be rushing back anytime soon. Course was just okay. Some holes were in decent shape while others need a lot of work. Same goes for the tee boxes, started out ok but quickly turn to sand with few patches of green. It was just shy of $90 for 18 with a cart, and I would only play again if it was more like $60-$70 for a round. Also, play was slow, which I understand happens, but there were zero rangers helping to keep pace of play. Took as 6 hours for the round — ooph!

Commented on 10/11/2020

Hi, u823064783! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at The New England Country Club!

Great Value during the week but challenging

For $50 during the week with a cart, can't beat the deal. The course is in good shape, especially the greens. However, at least the day I played this week, the greens were so fast (not a bad thing alone). But, combined with where the pins were placed on many slopes, I actually thought it was borderline unfair, certainly beyond what I would think most non-scratch players would enjoy. I love fast greens and would never say fast = bad, but on some holes, it was too much for me. Still, good value especially during the week.

Commented on 10/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us etg193. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The New England Country Club thanks you!

Commented on 10/08/2020

Hi ern56. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The New England Country Club.

Great spot

Fastest greens I’ve played in a long time. Great time. Very fun course.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314160218846! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gswine

It has a great layout and is a challenging course.. Great value and with 138 slope from the back tees a fun day of golf.

Commented on 10/05/2020

gswine15, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The New England Country Club.

Commented on 10/02/2020

A lot of fun

Greens were immaculate and golf course was in great shape considering the drought conditions. While it's not the courses fault, it would be nice if people would try to fix their ball marks on the greens and others while they're standing around instead of trying to rush through the round. Cart girl was very attentive which helped immensely.

Commented on 10/02/2020

hillsider1, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The New England Country Club.

Bellingham, Massachusetts