Crumpin-Fox Club

Crumpin-Fox Golf Club
Scorecard for Crumpin-Fox Club
Black M: 74.6/145 414 362 193 392 528 448 387 592 204 3520 424 161 388 393 527 175 457 565 413 3503 7023
Blue M: 72.2/141 386 338 165 345 501 402 353 568 177 3235 394 150 374 370 506 172 410 508 389 3273 6508
Gold M: 70.4/136 W: 75.9/137 363 323 146 315 481 379 325 529 160 3021 368 131 359 346 487 138 376 491 378 3074 6095
Red M: 67.2/129 W: 72.4/132 323 290 133 263 424 350 308 472 120 2683 333 92 329 308 454 108 351 468 306 2749 5432

Year Built 1977

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #22) (2016 #2) (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #15)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2016 #32)

Amazing Food 14
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 17
Entertaining Clients 17

A very enjoyable experieince. Beautiful course cut out of the woods. A very fair course. You have to think your way throug, and be pretty accurate with your shots. We played through a foursome that was spraying the ball, but they seemed to be having fun as well. I play at 30 or 40 courses a year, and the carts have the most comfortable seats ever. Finally the staff is friendly and helpful.

Not up to PAR

Usually this course is one of my favorites but last week was an exception. Course was wet (had to use cart path only) and was not in its usual good condition.

We had called previous to our departure because of our 1:45 hr drive. We were told the course was in great shape and confirmed the price of golf to the email we'd received early that week. When we arrived the pro shop would not honor that price and insisted the course was in excellent condition. When we were advised of the cart path only rule it should of sent off red flags but we didn't question it at the time.

Well course was wet and muddy and, the greens had not been cut for several days. It was a hot humid day in the mid-upper 90's and there was no cart service on the course. Traps were in need of grooming.

The golf carts with GPS were programmed to NOTallow you to drive the fairways (which was ok because it was cart path only); however, they would occasionally STOP in the middle of the paved cart paths for no known reason and require you to back up 20-50 yds at 1 mph in order to go forward again. This happened on about every other hole, sometimes twice a hole (even though you were in the middle of paved cart paths!). We mentioned this to the pro shop and their reaction was...yes, other people have had the same problems so there must be a problem with the GPS system. Ya think!

You'd think the pro would give us a discount or at least the lower price indicated in the previous email....but NO!

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 09/06/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Crumpin-Fox Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Bernardston area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Challenging play

Beautiful course, in great shape. Looking forward to playing the course again!

Great place

The only issues was course was pretty soaked, which has nothing to do with Crumpin Fox. It's been raining alot this month, so really no roll on your drives mostly plugged balls....after a few days of nice weather the fairways will be rocking. Always great to golf at the Crump.

Tremendous

Absolutely top notch. Course, carts, range, staff. This place is as good as it gets.

Great value

Course was in excellent condition Staff was very friendly. It was 90 degrees even though there was not much play the beverage cart was out. Please turn of cold water in the coolers

Pure

Such a pure track. Always a pleasure. The back 9 especially holes 14-15-16 are stunning- playing them at "the golden hour" was awesome. New amenities in the clubhouse/bar/deck were great to see. Must play course in New England.

worth the ride

hadn't played here in a few years. from the time you pull into the parking lot you get the feel of a resort (employee came out to our car to load up our clubs) pro shop staff was friendly and genuine. cart had gps, usb port and cooler. course was in great shape with the bunkers well maintained. fairways and tee boxes were also clean and greens were challenging but rolled true. appeared that most ball marks were repaired, which to me shows the integrity of the people playing there. while it was an hour and a half drive, it was well worth the trip. while we did not get anything at the outdoor patio by the 10th tee, it did appear nice with a covered deck and flatscreens. also, our rate included range balls. the carts also appeared new and well maintained. so overall, you can't miss playing here.

Course conditions were excellent , high degree of difficulty . Be prepared to add several strokes to your average score. Not walker friendly due to hilly terrain and distance from green to next tee. Beautiful course !

Virginia Advisor

An All-Around All-Star Golf Course

Whatever your priorities are in a golf course and golfing experience, Crumpin-Fox GC has got you covered. From immaculate conditions to fast play, great food and a friendly and attentive staff, there’s very little this club doesn’t excel at.

You wouldn’t know this area hasn’t had much rain the past several months as the course was green and lush with exceptional playing conditions. Fairways were smooth and trim, putts rolled pure and fast on the small-but-forgiving greens. Bunkers were well looked after and the tee boxes were as good as any I’ve tee’d up from.

The Robert Trent Jones Sr layout is very good, with mostly medium-to-long holes but some risk-reward strategy can be employed on a few of the doglegs. I’m not a golf design nerd but many who are seem to like it here. Watchout for bunkers and some small creeks/hazards in front of greens. Number 8 is among the more beautiful, true par-5s I’ve played and I was very satisfied to birdie it!

The GPS-enabled carts come in handy but (and I’ll say this to every course that has them) I really could do without the GPS-powered/governed cart function that cuts power if it thinks you’re doing something wrong. Those things are never 100% accurate and can really take away from an otherwise pleasant experience. Despite having GPS and comfy seats, I’ll pass on the power carts and walk when I play here again.

I had a early morning tee time but there were already a few walkers ahead of me. Even in a powered cart I didn’t have to wait long on the folks in front of me. This course seems pretty walkable, especially for a place that otherwise has a resort-feel to it.

I got a GolfNow deal for a whopping $40 which is a total steal. I can’t overstate what a fantastic value this course can be with even a modest discount. I wish I had stayed to eat lunch because the smells coming from the grill were pretty epic.

This course is highly rated for a reason, it’s why I chose to make it my first course played in Mass and it did not disappoint in the least!

More user friendly for woman

This has always been a challenging course. It is long for women, and there is lots of water to cross. They just added new women’ tees, so it is much nicer for shorter hitters.

Always appreciate the quick greens, and nice fairway conditions.

Perfection

Great course, from the drive in you just know it’s going to be a fun day.

Challenging but very fair. You have to get off the tee well if you plan to score well.

Greens firm and fast. Bunkers a little wet but that’s only due to down pour the night before. Eveyrbing else is pure. I believe it’s worth what they charge but try to find a hot deal it makes the round even better for the 50$ rather than the 75$. Either way i would pay up to 120$ on a weekend for it. Great course, great shape and a great time.

Put on you "bucket list"

Great experience -- polite, friendly staff; excellent pace of play. Every single hole is etched in my memory bank. I have played every course in Berkshire County and many more in Mass./Conn. area [ including The Ranch] and this is the I want to play again! A shout-out to Mike for his help in making our day one of the best golf days ever. Hope to play again soon. Thanks.

crump n fox

Crump n fox is a very challenging course to play.

The staff was accommodating and friendly.

Easy to get to and traffic wasn't bad as we had expected delays.

Thank you to Safari Club for booking this event.

Safari Adventure

This is one of the premier courses in Western Massachusetts....a 45 minute drive from the Springfield area, a pleasant drive up Route 91..

Don’t expect to take this course for granted... it is a tough ,demanding course that plays long...the rough is long and punishes those who cannot find the fairway...and the greens are sloped and quick...

We played with the Safari Club and give an award for the most lost balls in the water...that should tell you how tough it can be..

Don’t pass up an opportunity to play here... but don’t expect to beat this course either...

Great Course!

Played here on May 16 with the Safari Club. Very enjoyable day. Everything from tee box to fairways to greens (although hard) was in excellent condition. Staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Highly recommend this course!

Week 2 for the Safari group

A little travel North was well worth it...I have played this course many times in the past and today's conditions were the best that i remember...Staff and Pro shop was top notched and the new carts with GPS are the best around

Gill, Massachusetts