Crumpin-Fox Golf Club
Scorecard for Crumpin-Fox Club
Black M: 74.6/145 414 362 193 392 528 448 387 592 204 3520 424 161 388 393 527 175 457 565 413 3503 7023
Blue M: 72.2/141 386 338 165 345 501 402 353 568 177 3235 394 150 374 370 506 172 410 508 389 3273 6508
Gold M: 70.4/136 W: 75.9/137 363 323 146 315 481 379 325 529 160 3021 368 131 359 346 487 138 376 491 378 3074 6095
Red M: 67.2/129 W: 72.4/132 323 290 133 263 424 350 308 472 120 2683 333 92 329 308 454 108 351 468 306 2749 5432

Year Built 1977

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Massachusetts (2018 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #22) (2016 #2) (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2016 #32)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #15)

Amazing Food 14
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 17
Entertaining Clients 17

Wow! Can't believe I paid only $30

If this course was closer to Boston it would have easily cost over $100. During the week the place is empty. Yesterday I played Pinehills in Plymouth and wasn't expecting this track to compare. Boy was i wrong. Once people find out about this place, prices will sky rocket.

Much improved gem!

I've had the pleasure of playing here numerous times so I thought it was time to write a positive review. I called earlier in the day to book a time and they told me one nine would be closed for aeration but there would be a reduced rate and I could play the other nine twice. (I appreciate their honesty and the way they treat their customers!) The young lady in the Pro Shop was friendly and professional and checked us in quickly and efficiently. The back nine was in excellent shape, not yet aerated and very busy. Tees, greens and fairway conditions are what matters to me and I thought they were quite good, except where players had failed to fill their fresh divots! (Seriously, the provide divot mix on tees, and on carts, how can you not fill them?) It was an enjoyable round, we were paired with two gentlemen who were quite nice. It's only 5 minutes off Route 91 and its very convenient. I'm a fan!

What happened

I will make this short. I have golfed here a few times. It is a two and one half drive for me. I have always felt that Crump had a great course and the main thing that I liked was how each hole seemed cut out of the wilderness. On this trip I was totally surprised to see the ‘ thousands’ of trees that have been cut down on the entire course. If this is a ‘plan’ for some reason, I believe that the folks cutting the trees and the ‘plan’ are not in sync. It is a shame what has been done to Crump. Someone should be held accountable.

A Great Day

Crumpin Fox is always top notch; even more so today due to great weather and Hot Deal price. Well worth the hour+ for one of the top courses around.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 08/05/2019:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience at Crumpin-Fox! We're glad you made the trip out here and are glad you had a great day!

Always a challenge.

Great course for intermediate to very good golfers. Professional style layout. GPS on the carts very helpful. Nice practice facility, helpful staff, nice pro shop and good restaurant. I play wherever I can.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/31/2019:
With all of your choices, we're glad you came out for another great round at Crumpin-Fox! Thank you for reviewing your last round with us, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Great course beautiful layout, worth playing it. Negative view for me is that you’re paying for golf and cart but you can’t take the carts on to the fairways.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/31/2019:
Thank you for your feedback on your round at Crumpin-Fox, vrodz. We're glad you enjoyed the course and will come back to golf The Fox again soon!

Excellent choice close to 91 !

We had a great afternoon . Conditions were great. Course interesting and beautiful staff friendly.
Play it !

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/25/2019:
Thank you for rating your round at Crumpin-Fox 5-stars, Deborah! We're glad you all had a great afternoon spent at our course and appreciate your recommendation to other golfers looking for a great tee time close to the highway!

Please stop removing all the trees!

This is one of my favorite courses that I've ever played. It's 90 minutes away, but I look forward to every trip out to play it. I know last year they took down some trees, but it made sense and it didn't affect the sight lines much at all. This year however, I was blown away with how many additional trees they've removed. A big part of the reason that I loved Crumpin Fox was that you couldn't see any other holes around you when you were playing. Each hole seemed to be carved out of the forest and completely secluded from the other 17 holes. There was a real charm and a beauty to that. That characteristic has been seriously impacted with all the trees that have been cut down. Sight lines on iconic holes have been drastically changed. The 8th green is no longer framed with trees behind.

Overall, I was really disappointed with the way this course is being changed. The course has a much more pedestrian feel now. I can only hope the plan is to replant new trees in the same spots to create that same privacy and charm that these holes used to have.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/25/2019:
Thank you for continuing to make the 90 minute drive to play our course Bdpetroni2! We appreciate your feedback on the changes we have made.

Hidden course, nice shape.

Beautiful course to play, in great shape and will challenge you.
You have to play this course a couple of times to get the feel for it. Making par was a good accomplishment,.
We did not know what to expect, very pleasantly surprised. It is hidden, seems like you are driving forever and it is hard to access, but worth the drive.
I will play again at some point.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/31/2019:
Thank you for coming out to play Crumpin-Fox and sharing your experience. We're happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised, and hope you'll come back again soon!

Worth the trip

Hadn't played the course in many years and it didn't take long to remember how great a golf course it is. Definitely a second shot course as many greens are elevated and all are well bunkered. Greens were in great shape and fast. Have been on a tree removal program so seems more open than before. Enjoyed it so much we played it twice in 4 days. All staff are professional from the time you're met in the parking lot until you leave the property. Will definitely be playing again this season

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/22/2019:
Thank you for coming back to play Crumpin-Fox, backbay! We're glad you decided on playing us again and enjoyed all of the changes we have made!

Great experience

The course was great, the staff was helpful and polite. We had a great day

We also visited the on site restaurant and enjoyed a super after golf lunch.

I was visiting from Colorado and picked the course from the golf now website, I was very pleased!

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/22/2019:
Thank you for reviewing your experience at Crumpin-Fox, Rmakely! We're glad you enjoyed your overall experience while you were in town and hope you'll come back to visit us again next time you are in the area!

Great course,Slow

Dissapointed they has no ranger. We had to follow another twosome. The first hole the guy was on the green in 12 shots and did not pick up. We waited 2 to 4 min. on every shot all day. You know what that does to your game. The course is exceptional. The best in Mass. if you ask me. We drove over an hour to get there and it is worth every minute. This is a MUST try golf course.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/22/2019:
Thank you for your feedback on the course and your overall experience at Crumpin-Fox, Dave. We appreciate you making the drive out to golf The Fox and hope you'll come back to visit us again soon!

Great experience

Course is very nice. It has a great layout, very picturesque, and very fair. The fairways are in great condition and wide enough to not have to be perfect with every short. The greens are fast and challenging and somewhat elevated, A real treat for any golfer.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/22/2019:
Thank you again for your great feedback, lpea777! We all appreciate your recommendation from your first experience and hope to see you back again soon!

Great Experience

Today was my first time playing Crumpin-Fox which is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from my house. I have heard so many good things about this course and had to give it a try. Let me say that it was well worth the drive. The course is beautiful, the staff is very friendly and it was a wonderful golfing experience. I highly recommend playing here!

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/22/2019:
Thank you for reviewing your trip out to Crumpin-Fox 5-stars, lpea777! We're glad you made the drive and enjoyed your experience! We hope you'll make another one again this season!

Looking forward to the next time I have the opportunity to play again

From when I pulled into the parking lot when I was greeted by a young man who took my bag out of my car and placed it on the cart, to the stunning scenery and condition of the course, I was completely impressed with all this course had to offer. Very challenging, course. Pace of play was great, I had.an 8:27 am tee time, and all staff were cordial and friendly. The 3 gentlemen I was paired up with were kind enough to assist with helping me find my ball on multiple occasions, thank you. I even had the chance to gather some info on youth camp offerings from the super nice young lady in the pro shop. Five stars all the way.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/16/2019:
Thank you for rating your first round of golf at Crumpin-Fox Club 5-stars, Eduardo! We happy to hear you were paired with a helpful group and are looking forward to having you back for another great experience again soon!

Good round

Would have been a great round. Foursome ahead of our twosome was clueless. Would not wave us through . Could have used a ranger as back 9 pace was terrible with 1 group backing everyone up.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/16/2019:
Thank you for your feedback on your last round siera1. We appreciate your review on your experience!
Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/16/2019:
Thank you for rating another great round of golf at Crumpin-Fox Club 5-stars!

Great golf cousre

Outstanding experience at this beautiful golf course in northwest corner of Massachusetts. Golf course is beautiful, with pristine conditions and challenging Robert Trent Jones design. Staff is very friendly and professional. We paid $61/each with golf cart and range balls on a beautiful Saturday morning in July. We played the Gold tees at around 5900 yards but 138 slope. Greens are fast but very consistent across all 18 holes. Beautiful pro shop and great restaurant with back deck overlooking the 18th green. The value far exceeds the price. We'll be back!

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/09/2019:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience from your first visit to Crumpin-Fox, Dan! We're glad your group enjoyed your round and we look forward to having you back again!

First time at Crumpin-Fox

I expected more from the course. The greens were in good shape, fairways and tee boxes were average. Staff was polite the only issue there was at the turn after we hit our tee shots we were asked to let a threesome play through. It took them a good 15-20 minutes to play through. I’ve always wanted to play this course, my home course is Shining Rock in Northbridge MA. Overall a nice layout but not worth the 1hr. and 30 minute ride.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/09/2019:
We appreciate your feedback from your experience at Crumpin-Fox.
Gill, Massachusetts