Crumpin-Fox Golf Club

Year Built 1977

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Massachusetts (2018 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #22) (2016 #2) (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2016 #32)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #15)

Amazing Food 14
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 17
Entertaining Clients 17

Late season

When I arrived the pro said the owner of the course was having a shotgun and I wouldn’t be able to get out on time. There was no apology and I had to push them to at least get out on the back nine. They could’ve sent me ahead of the shotgun as the course was empty. I don’t expect to be waited on hand and foot but I wasn’t happy with the head pros attitude. This is my last round of the season here and I’m bummed because of what transpired.

Commented on 11/12/2019

Thank you for your feedback on your experience, Tim.

What a fun round

Amazing course layout, fairly good condition considering end of the year, staff was pleasant and welcoming

Commented on 11/06/2019

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience at Crumpin-Fox, xviera! We're glad you enjoyed the course and were able to sneak in a round before the end of the season! Hope to see you back again!

Course offers everything.

The course layout is fantastic. Quite a few doglegs to the left. Quite a few elevated tee boxes and greens. Very challenging. The fairways and greens are in great shape. Great day of golf. I would strongly recommend the course to anyone.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, Brian. We're glad you enjoyed your time at Crumpin-Fox!

The Crump

Such a beautiful and challenging track. Easy access to I-91. Will return again soon..

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, we look forward to seeing you again next time!

Commented on 10/22/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review!

Best Public Course in Mass. or Conn.

I love this course but it doesn’t always love me!! I have shot an 80 and a 92 in the same season. If you make a mistake on your drive, second or approach, you have a problem. That just gets you to the greens that are very challenging and more so when they tuck the pins short over water, just over bunkers or back edges with trouble over back of the green. Normally, middle of the green is a good play but won’t necessarily eliminate the three putt. Your A game will give you a chance at a really good score but anything less can make for a long day! If you want a fair challenge this is it and why we play it a couple of times a year

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad you enjoyed your time at Crumpin-Fox and we look forward to seeing you again in the new year!

Nice course, slow play.

This course is in great shape, nice challenges, good views, excellent layout, a bit of a drive, but slow play again. It seems they don't believe in rangers, it took us 4.5 hours to play the round, could easily be less than 4hrs. I like the course but they could do something to improve time on the course.

Commented on 10/16/2019

If you're interested in just playing fast, this probably isn't the course for you. I just played there last Friday and the round took 5 hrs. Didn't bother me at all. I only get out to Crump 2-3 times a year and I want to enjoy my time on the course there, I'm certainly not in a rush. I'm quite sure that's how other players feel as well. This is one of the best courses in the state, no one (besides you) is rushing thru their round here.

Also, you do realize the standard pace of play for 18 holes is 4 hrs 20 min, right? And you're complaining because your round was 10 minutes over? Sounds to me like you're just one of those people who complains about everything.

Commented on 10/13/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your experience to our team and hope we will see you again soon.

Commented on 10/13/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Crumpin-Fox Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice hidden course, slow play.

This course is challenging and in great shape. It is fun to play and has great scenery. However, a 5 hour round in NO fun for anyone. By the time we reached the last 4 holes we were just hoping to finish. There was no ranger at all, plenty of people at the first hole, starter and cart attendant. I like this course, but slow play makes it hard for me to return in the near future.

Commented on 10/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback on the pace of play on this particular visit is valuable.

Extremely Slow Play

Pushing 6 hours.
No ranger.
Staff seemed unconcerned and non-responsive

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi Phil, Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Slow Play

2:00pm tee time and couldn’t finish due to darkness. 3 hour front nine! Group playing as 6 on back nine. No rangers, marshals or course Mgmt.

Commented on 09/29/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. We are passing on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Crumpin-Fox Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Very enjoyable round.

Great experience from greeter to driving away. Course in great shape . Very enjoyable round.

Commented on 09/18/2019

Thank you for rating your last visit to Crumpin-Fox! We're glad you had an overall enjoyable experience and hope you will be back to play the course again soon!

The appearance of this course is beautiful. Great use of the land and surroundings. I suppose this course would be relatively straight forward most days. We golfed on a wet day with the pin positions in the most difficult places they could be; it was the last day of the club championship. Greens are lightning fast. Definitely worth the drive and I will be back

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you another great experience again soon. Thank you for making the drive out to Crumpin-Fox Club.

Crumpin Fox

A great course. Conditions could not have been better. we were a twosome and the starter was able to get us out before a couple of foursomes. The layout is very challenging and no 2 holes are the same. The course winds through a hilly forest. During our round we were waved through by 3 different foursomes which made pace of play about 3.5 hours. Lunch on the deck overlooking the 18th green was delicious. Cannot wait to return.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience, Bill. Your feedback on the course is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Crumpin-Fox Club thanks you!

Beautiful Course

It’s been about 30 years since I’ve played here. The course was in amazing condition tee to green.
The starter got us out earlier than expected. Entire staff was professional and friendly. We were just a twosome but surprisingly 3 groups let us play through ... that’s a testament to the people playing there! Great day! I don’t think I’ll wait another 30 years to play here. :)

Commented on 09/04/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round at Crumpin-Fox and look forward to seeing you again soon (much sooner than 30 years!)!

Unbiased local review

I live 20 minutes from the course and although I belong to two other country clubs I always make it a point to play here a few times a year. I had yet to play it this year since the trees came down and wanted to post a review after seeing it for myself. I played with three other players, one local and two that came from out of town who have played here many times and we all participated in this review. As far as the trees go, which seems to be everyone's major gripe, yes they have thinned it considerably but we all thought it is a very good thing. The dense tree-lined holes were beautiful but were choking out the fairways, greens and tee boxes making them inconsistent and at times barely playable. This project was like trimming back your overgrown landscaping, initially it looks weird and a bit concerning but the next year when it starts to grow back in in a healthy way all is forgotten. Same goes here, there are many trees gone and many still down but it never effects the playability of the holes as they are barely or not in your sight line. The greens and tee boxes were the best I have ever seen them now that they are getting plenty of sun and light. We didn't think it made a difference being able to see the other fairways here and there, it is barely noticeable. This is still a beautiful course and one if the best in western mass. The course now actually looks like it originally did back in the day. People making a trek from out of town should definitely still come. We all had a great and challenging day of golf as we usually do. We took good notice of our surroundings and had thoughtful conversations all day to write this review. A more than reasonable golf now price makes it a must play.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We know you have a lot of courses to choose from, but are happy to hear you've made a point to come to Crumpin-Fox a few times each year. We appreciate your feedback on the changes we have made and hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hello, Phil. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Wow! Can't believe I paid only $30

If this course was closer to Boston it would have easily cost over $100. During the week the place is empty. Yesterday I played Pinehills in Plymouth and wasn't expecting this track to compare. Boy was i wrong. Once people find out about this place, prices will sky rocket.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round at Crumpin-Fox! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great day with my son

First time playing course was thoroughly impressed with the layout. Were only able to play the front nine because back nine was being airated. Will definitely play again

Commented on 10/22/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, John. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Beautiful day with my son

got to play 26 holes because they were aerating greens on the back 9, so played the front 3 times skipping hole 1 once.Definitely want to go back and play all 18

Gill, Massachusetts
Athol, Massachusetts
North Amherst, Massachusetts
Keene, New Hampshire

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.