Crumpin-Fox Golf Club

Lodging Available

Clubhouse

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Massachusetts (2018 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #22) (2016 #2) (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2016 #32)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #15)

Amazing Food 14
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 17
Entertaining Clients 17

Great Day

Only 50 min north of my hometown and i can’t believe this is the first time i have played here. We were able to get a great deal on GolfNow for 35& after 2pm with cart.
Now that i have played and a little course knowledge i can’t wait to go back.

This is one of the friendliest staffs around. The usual starter, Mike, remembered us from last year and is a pleasure to talk with; the young man who was starter today was awesome; and the guys running the pro shop were the best. Love this course; love the people who run it!

Virginia Advisor

Nearly a Perfect Golf Course

In the midst of of the current pandemic and the stress of Massachusetts being a hot spot for the virus, playing golf at Crumpin-Fox is a joyous escape. From immaculate course conditions to perhaps the friendliest staff in New England, I don't think you could enjoy yourself more than by playing a round here.

The course is currently walking only (carts are provided for those who can't) and it was really the first time I had played a course where everyone around me is walking too and it was a real treat. The one drawback is a slower pace of play but if you are in a 3- or 4-some, you probably won't be waiting much as I saw a ranger at least a couple times.

The maintenance staff has done a phenomenal job with the course. Every surface is pure and perfect. The fairways are lush and smooth and look great with the crosshatch mowing, as do the greens. I wouldn't have minded the greens rolling a tad bit faster but putts nonetheless rolled smooth and true towards the raised cups.

The Robert Trent Jones Sr design is just so, so good. I particularly love how many of the tees are elevated above the fairways for some epic, towering shots to mostly generous landing zones. This was my first time back since the course implemented some tree removal and the difference is noticeable, though there are still a few fairways where a straight shot is required. There's a good variety of holes and you'll have to think through a lot of your shots to score well here.

I love a good value as much as I love good conditions and when I get to play a course with both, it makes my experience that much better. $45 to walk this course is an excellent value and I can't wait to come back and play here again!

A real Gem

This course is spectacular. In great shape, wonderful layout, greens were just a tad slow, but to be expected early in the season. Will try to play this every chance I get.

Late season

When I arrived the pro said the owner of the course was having a shotgun and I wouldn’t be able to get out on time. There was no apology and I had to push them to at least get out on the back nine. They could’ve sent me ahead of the shotgun as the course was empty. I don’t expect to be waited on hand and foot but I wasn’t happy with the head pros attitude. This is my last round of the season here and I’m bummed because of what transpired.

Commented on 11/12/2019

Thank you for your feedback on your experience, Tim.

What a fun round

Amazing course layout, fairly good condition considering end of the year, staff was pleasant and welcoming

Commented on 11/06/2019

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience at Crumpin-Fox, xviera! We're glad you enjoyed the course and were able to sneak in a round before the end of the season! Hope to see you back again!

Course offers everything.

The course layout is fantastic. Quite a few doglegs to the left. Quite a few elevated tee boxes and greens. Very challenging. The fairways and greens are in great shape. Great day of golf. I would strongly recommend the course to anyone.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, Brian. We're glad you enjoyed your time at Crumpin-Fox!

The Crump

Such a beautiful and challenging track. Easy access to I-91. Will return again soon..

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, we look forward to seeing you again next time!

Commented on 10/22/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review!

Best Public Course in Mass. or Conn.

I love this course but it doesn’t always love me!! I have shot an 80 and a 92 in the same season. If you make a mistake on your drive, second or approach, you have a problem. That just gets you to the greens that are very challenging and more so when they tuck the pins short over water, just over bunkers or back edges with trouble over back of the green. Normally, middle of the green is a good play but won’t necessarily eliminate the three putt. Your A game will give you a chance at a really good score but anything less can make for a long day! If you want a fair challenge this is it and why we play it a couple of times a year

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad you enjoyed your time at Crumpin-Fox and we look forward to seeing you again in the new year!

Nice course, slow play.

This course is in great shape, nice challenges, good views, excellent layout, a bit of a drive, but slow play again. It seems they don't believe in rangers, it took us 4.5 hours to play the round, could easily be less than 4hrs. I like the course but they could do something to improve time on the course.

Commented on 10/16/2019

If you're interested in just playing fast, this probably isn't the course for you. I just played there last Friday and the round took 5 hrs. Didn't bother me at all. I only get out to Crump 2-3 times a year and I want to enjoy my time on the course there, I'm certainly not in a rush. I'm quite sure that's how other players feel as well. This is one of the best courses in the state, no one (besides you) is rushing thru their round here.

Also, you do realize the standard pace of play for 18 holes is 4 hrs 20 min, right? And you're complaining because your round was 10 minutes over? Sounds to me like you're just one of those people who complains about everything.

Commented on 10/13/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your experience to our team and hope we will see you again soon.

Commented on 10/13/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Crumpin-Fox Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice hidden course, slow play.

This course is challenging and in great shape. It is fun to play and has great scenery. However, a 5 hour round in NO fun for anyone. By the time we reached the last 4 holes we were just hoping to finish. There was no ranger at all, plenty of people at the first hole, starter and cart attendant. I like this course, but slow play makes it hard for me to return in the near future.

Commented on 10/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback on the pace of play on this particular visit is valuable.

Extremely Slow Play

Pushing 6 hours.
No ranger.
Staff seemed unconcerned and non-responsive

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi Phil, Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Slow Play

2:00pm tee time and couldn’t finish due to darkness. 3 hour front nine! Group playing as 6 on back nine. No rangers, marshals or course Mgmt.

Commented on 09/29/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. We are passing on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Crumpin-Fox Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Very enjoyable round.

Great experience from greeter to driving away. Course in great shape . Very enjoyable round.

Commented on 09/18/2019

Thank you for rating your last visit to Crumpin-Fox! We're glad you had an overall enjoyable experience and hope you will be back to play the course again soon!

Gill, Massachusetts