Crumpin-Fox Golf Club

Lodging Available

Clubhouse

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Massachusetts (2018 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #22) (2016 #2) (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2016 #32)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #15)

Amazing Food 14
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 17
Entertaining Clients 17

Very enjoyable round.

Great experience from greeter to driving away. Course in great shape . Very enjoyable round.

Commented on 09/18/2019

Thank you for rating your last visit to Crumpin-Fox! We're glad you had an overall enjoyable experience and hope you will be back to play the course again soon!

The appearance of this course is beautiful. Great use of the land and surroundings. I suppose this course would be relatively straight forward most days. We golfed on a wet day with the pin positions in the most difficult places they could be; it was the last day of the club championship. Greens are lightning fast. Definitely worth the drive and I will be back

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you another great experience again soon. Thank you for making the drive out to Crumpin-Fox Club.

Crumpin Fox

A great course. Conditions could not have been better. we were a twosome and the starter was able to get us out before a couple of foursomes. The layout is very challenging and no 2 holes are the same. The course winds through a hilly forest. During our round we were waved through by 3 different foursomes which made pace of play about 3.5 hours. Lunch on the deck overlooking the 18th green was delicious. Cannot wait to return.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience, Bill. Your feedback on the course is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Crumpin-Fox Club thanks you!

Beautiful Course

It’s been about 30 years since I’ve played here. The course was in amazing condition tee to green.
The starter got us out earlier than expected. Entire staff was professional and friendly. We were just a twosome but surprisingly 3 groups let us play through ... that’s a testament to the people playing there! Great day! I don’t think I’ll wait another 30 years to play here. :)

Commented on 09/04/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round at Crumpin-Fox and look forward to seeing you again soon (much sooner than 30 years!)!

Unbiased local review

I live 20 minutes from the course and although I belong to two other country clubs I always make it a point to play here a few times a year. I had yet to play it this year since the trees came down and wanted to post a review after seeing it for myself. I played with three other players, one local and two that came from out of town who have played here many times and we all participated in this review. As far as the trees go, which seems to be everyone's major gripe, yes they have thinned it considerably but we all thought it is a very good thing. The dense tree-lined holes were beautiful but were choking out the fairways, greens and tee boxes making them inconsistent and at times barely playable. This project was like trimming back your overgrown landscaping, initially it looks weird and a bit concerning but the next year when it starts to grow back in in a healthy way all is forgotten. Same goes here, there are many trees gone and many still down but it never effects the playability of the holes as they are barely or not in your sight line. The greens and tee boxes were the best I have ever seen them now that they are getting plenty of sun and light. We didn't think it made a difference being able to see the other fairways here and there, it is barely noticeable. This is still a beautiful course and one if the best in western mass. The course now actually looks like it originally did back in the day. People making a trek from out of town should definitely still come. We all had a great and challenging day of golf as we usually do. We took good notice of our surroundings and had thoughtful conversations all day to write this review. A more than reasonable golf now price makes it a must play.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We know you have a lot of courses to choose from, but are happy to hear you've made a point to come to Crumpin-Fox a few times each year. We appreciate your feedback on the changes we have made and hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hello, Phil. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Wow! Can't believe I paid only $30

If this course was closer to Boston it would have easily cost over $100. During the week the place is empty. Yesterday I played Pinehills in Plymouth and wasn't expecting this track to compare. Boy was i wrong. Once people find out about this place, prices will sky rocket.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round at Crumpin-Fox! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great day with my son

First time playing course was thoroughly impressed with the layout. Were only able to play the front nine because back nine was being airated. Will definitely play again

Commented on 10/22/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, John. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Beautiful day with my son

got to play 26 holes because they were aerating greens on the back 9, so played the front 3 times skipping hole 1 once.Definitely want to go back and play all 18

Commented on 10/22/2019

Much improved gem!

I've had the pleasure of playing here numerous times so I thought it was time to write a positive review. I called earlier in the day to book a time and they told me one nine would be closed for aeration but there would be a reduced rate and I could play the other nine twice. (I appreciate their honesty and the way they treat their customers!) The young lady in the Pro Shop was friendly and professional and checked us in quickly and efficiently. The back nine was in excellent shape, not yet aerated and very busy. Tees, greens and fairway conditions are what matters to me and I thought they were quite good, except where players had failed to fill their fresh divots! (Seriously, the provide divot mix on tees, and on carts, how can you not fill them?) It was an enjoyable round, we were paired with two gentlemen who were quite nice. It's only 5 minutes off Route 91 and its very convenient. I'm a fan!

Commented on 08/26/2019

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience and kind words about our hardworking staff. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Crumpin-Fox Club.

What happened

I will make this short. I have golfed here a few times. It is a two and one half drive for me. I have always felt that Crump had a great course and the main thing that I liked was how each hole seemed cut out of the wilderness. On this trip I was totally surprised to see the ‘ thousands’ of trees that have been cut down on the entire course. If this is a ‘plan’ for some reason, I believe that the folks cutting the trees and the ‘plan’ are not in sync. It is a shame what has been done to Crump. Someone should be held accountable.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi Dan. We appreciate you taking the time to review Crumpin-Fox Club. We appreciate you making the drive and are going to pass on your feedback to our team. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

A Great Day

Crumpin Fox is always top notch; even more so today due to great weather and Hot Deal price. Well worth the hour+ for one of the top courses around.

Response from on 08/05/2019:
Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience at Crumpin-Fox! We're glad you made the trip out here and are glad you had a great day!

Always a challenge.

Great course for intermediate to very good golfers. Professional style layout. GPS on the carts very helpful. Nice practice facility, helpful staff, nice pro shop and good restaurant. I play wherever I can.

Response from on 07/31/2019:
With all of your choices, we're glad you came out for another great round at Crumpin-Fox! Thank you for reviewing your last round with us, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Great course beautiful layout, worth playing it. Negative view for me is that you’re paying for golf and cart but you can’t take the carts on to the fairways.

Response from on 07/31/2019:
Thank you for your feedback on your round at Crumpin-Fox, vrodz. We're glad you enjoyed the course and will come back to golf The Fox again soon!

Excellent choice close to 91 !

We had a great afternoon . Conditions were great. Course interesting and beautiful staff friendly.
Play it !

Response from on 07/25/2019:
Thank you for rating your round at Crumpin-Fox 5-stars, Deborah! We're glad you all had a great afternoon spent at our course and appreciate your recommendation to other golfers looking for a great tee time close to the highway!

Please stop removing all the trees!

This is one of my favorite courses that I've ever played. It's 90 minutes away, but I look forward to every trip out to play it. I know last year they took down some trees, but it made sense and it didn't affect the sight lines much at all. This year however, I was blown away with how many additional trees they've removed. A big part of the reason that I loved Crumpin Fox was that you couldn't see any other holes around you when you were playing. Each hole seemed to be carved out of the forest and completely secluded from the other 17 holes. There was a real charm and a beauty to that. That characteristic has been seriously impacted with all the trees that have been cut down. Sight lines on iconic holes have been drastically changed. The 8th green is no longer framed with trees behind.

Overall, I was really disappointed with the way this course is being changed. The course has a much more pedestrian feel now. I can only hope the plan is to replant new trees in the same spots to create that same privacy and charm that these holes used to have.

Response from on 07/25/2019:
Thank you for continuing to make the 90 minute drive to play our course Bdpetroni2! We appreciate your feedback on the changes we have made.

Hidden course, nice shape.

Beautiful course to play, in great shape and will challenge you.
You have to play this course a couple of times to get the feel for it. Making par was a good accomplishment,.
We did not know what to expect, very pleasantly surprised. It is hidden, seems like you are driving forever and it is hard to access, but worth the drive.
I will play again at some point.

Response from on 07/31/2019:
Thank you for coming out to play Crumpin-Fox and sharing your experience. We're happy to hear you were pleasantly surprised, and hope you'll come back again soon!

Worth the trip

Hadn't played the course in many years and it didn't take long to remember how great a golf course it is. Definitely a second shot course as many greens are elevated and all are well bunkered. Greens were in great shape and fast. Have been on a tree removal program so seems more open than before. Enjoyed it so much we played it twice in 4 days. All staff are professional from the time you're met in the parking lot until you leave the property. Will definitely be playing again this season

Response from on 07/22/2019:
Thank you for coming back to play Crumpin-Fox, backbay! We're glad you decided on playing us again and enjoyed all of the changes we have made!

Great experience

The course was great, the staff was helpful and polite. We had a great day

We also visited the on site restaurant and enjoyed a super after golf lunch.

I was visiting from Colorado and picked the course from the golf now website, I was very pleased!

Response from on 07/22/2019:
Thank you for reviewing your experience at Crumpin-Fox, Rmakely! We're glad you enjoyed your overall experience while you were in town and hope you'll come back to visit us again next time you are in the area!

Great course,Slow

Dissapointed they has no ranger. We had to follow another twosome. The first hole the guy was on the green in 12 shots and did not pick up. We waited 2 to 4 min. on every shot all day. You know what that does to your game. The course is exceptional. The best in Mass. if you ask me. We drove over an hour to get there and it is worth every minute. This is a MUST try golf course.

Response from on 07/22/2019:
Thank you for your feedback on the course and your overall experience at Crumpin-Fox, Dave. We appreciate you making the drive out to golf The Fox and hope you'll come back to visit us again soon!
Gill, Massachusetts