Crumpin-Fox Golf Club

Year Built 1977

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Massachusetts (2018 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #22) (2016 #2) (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2016 #32)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #15)

Amazing Food 14
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 17
Entertaining Clients 17

Beautiful landscaping

Great day with my son beautiful course will definitely play again

Crumpin-Fox Club
Commented On 08/26/2019

John, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you and your son again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Crumpin-Fox Club.

Crumpin-Fox Club
Commented On 08/26/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop if you would like to let us know more about your last great round!

Crumpin fox

This golf course is a hidden gem, cant wait to get back to play it, highly recommend to anyone who is thinking about playing there. FYI be precise or bring plenty of balls.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 08/05/2019:
Thank you for coming out to play Crumpin-Fox and rating your experience 5-stars! We're glad you enjoyed your first visit and appreciate your recommendation to other golfers!
Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 08/05/2019:
Thank you for sharing your 5-stars! We hope you'll be back to play another great round with us again soon!

Course is tough but a lot of fun. Unbelievably beautiful, well worth the cost

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/09/2019:
Thank you for your 5-star review, Jack! We're glad you enjoyed the course, its challenges and its views, and hope you will be back to visit Crumpin-Fox again soon!
Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/05/2019:
Thank you for reviewing your last round at Crumpin-Fox, Christophe! We're happy to hear how much you enjoy our course and hope you'll be back to play again soon!

Great course in very good shape, the bedt Greens i played so far this year! Will come back from Germany and play again next year!

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 06/04/2019:
Thank you for making the long trip out here, WolfgangSteinhauser! We're glad you enjoyed your round at Crumpin-Fox and look forward to having you back next year!

Amazing staff, Well maintained, beautiful views and a bang for your buck

Myself and a friend played on Tuesday 10/24. The course was in immaculate condition. Before we could even get to enjoy the course we were greeted by one of the most friendly down to earth guys, Mike. Mike handled the starting duties and greeted us on a chilly morning in the parking lot with a smile. He had become a friend to us and it didn’t take long.

The condition of the course is second to none and the pace of play was great. To round out the day with a bite to eat at Zeke’s with a fire in the fireplace you can’t beat it.

Take the time to play here ASAP!!!!

A very enjoyable experieince. Beautiful course cut out of the woods. A very fair course. You have to think your way throug, and be pretty accurate with your shots. We played through a foursome that was spraying the ball, but they seemed to be having fun as well. I play at 30 or 40 courses a year, and the carts have the most comfortable seats ever. Finally the staff is friendly and helpful.

Not up to PAR

Usually this course is one of my favorites but last week was an exception. Course was wet (had to use cart path only) and was not in its usual good condition.
We had called previous to our departure because of our 1:45 hr drive. We were told the course was in great shape and confirmed the price of golf to the email we'd received early that week. When we arrived the pro shop would not honor that price and insisted the course was in excellent condition. When we were advised of the cart path only rule it should of sent off red flags but we didn't question it at the time.
Well course was wet and muddy and, the greens had not been cut for several days. It was a hot humid day in the mid-upper 90's and there was no cart service on the course. Traps were in need of grooming.
The golf carts with GPS were programmed to NOTallow you to drive the fairways (which was ok because it was cart path only); however, they would occasionally STOP in the middle of the paved cart paths for no known reason and require you to back up 20-50 yds at 1 mph in order to go forward again. This happened on about every other hole, sometimes twice a hole (even though you were in the middle of paved cart paths!). We mentioned this to the pro shop and their reaction was...yes, other people have had the same problems so there must be a problem with the GPS system. Ya think!
You'd think the pro would give us a discount or at least the lower price indicated in the previous email....but NO!

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 09/06/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Crumpin-Fox Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Bernardston area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Challenging play

Beautiful course, in great shape. Looking forward to playing the course again!

Great place

The only issues was course was pretty soaked, which has nothing to do with Crumpin Fox. It's been raining alot this month, so really no roll on your drives mostly plugged balls....after a few days of nice weather the fairways will be rocking. Always great to golf at the Crump.

Tremendous

Absolutely top notch. Course, carts, range, staff. This place is as good as it gets.

Great value

Course was in excellent condition Staff was very friendly. It was 90 degrees even though there was not much play the beverage cart was out. Please turn of cold water in the coolers

worth the ride

hadn't played here in a few years. from the time you pull into the parking lot you get the feel of a resort (employee came out to our car to load up our clubs) pro shop staff was friendly and genuine. cart had gps, usb port and cooler. course was in great shape with the bunkers well maintained. fairways and tee boxes were also clean and greens were challenging but rolled true. appeared that most ball marks were repaired, which to me shows the integrity of the people playing there. while it was an hour and a half drive, it was well worth the trip. while we did not get anything at the outdoor patio by the 10th tee, it did appear nice with a covered deck and flatscreens. also, our rate included range balls. the carts also appeared new and well maintained. so overall, you can't miss playing here.

Course conditions were excellent , high degree of difficulty . Be prepared to add several strokes to your average score. Not walker friendly due to hilly terrain and distance from green to next tee. Beautiful course !

Virginia Advisor

An All-Around All-Star Golf Course

Whatever your priorities are in a golf course and golfing experience, Crumpin-Fox GC has got you covered. From immaculate conditions to fast play, great food and a friendly and attentive staff, there’s very little this club doesn’t excel at.

You wouldn’t know this area hasn’t had much rain the past several months as the course was green and lush with exceptional playing conditions. Fairways were smooth and trim, putts rolled pure and fast on the small-but-forgiving greens. Bunkers were well looked after and the tee boxes were as good as any I’ve tee’d up from.

The Robert Trent Jones Sr layout is very good, with mostly medium-to-long holes but some risk-reward strategy can be employed on a few of the doglegs. I’m not a golf design nerd but many who are seem to like it here. Watchout for bunkers and some small creeks/hazards in front of greens. Number 8 is among the more beautiful, true par-5s I’ve played and I was very satisfied to birdie it!

The GPS-enabled carts come in handy but (and I’ll say this to every course that has them) I really could do without the GPS-powered/governed cart function that cuts power if it thinks you’re doing something wrong. Those things are never 100% accurate and can really take away from an otherwise pleasant experience. Despite having GPS and comfy seats, I’ll pass on the power carts and walk when I play here again.

I had a early morning tee time but there were already a few walkers ahead of me. Even in a powered cart I didn’t have to wait long on the folks in front of me. This course seems pretty walkable, especially for a place that otherwise has a resort-feel to it.

I got a GolfNow deal for a whopping $40 which is a total steal. I can’t overstate what a fantastic value this course can be with even a modest discount. I wish I had stayed to eat lunch because the smells coming from the grill were pretty epic.

This course is highly rated for a reason, it’s why I chose to make it my first course played in Mass and it did not disappoint in the least!

More user friendly for woman

This has always been a challenging course. It is long for women, and there is lots of water to cross. They just added new women’ tees, so it is much nicer for shorter hitters.
Always appreciate the quick greens, and nice fairway conditions.

Gill, Massachusetts
Athol, Massachusetts
North Amherst, Massachusetts
Keene, New Hampshire

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.