Crumpin-Fox Golf Club
Scorecard for Crumpin-Fox Club
Black M: 74.6/145 414 362 193 392 528 448 387 592 204 3520 424 161 388 393 527 175 457 565 413 3503 7023
Blue M: 72.2/141 386 338 165 345 501 402 353 568 177 3235 394 150 374 370 506 172 410 508 389 3273 6508
Gold M: 70.4/136 W: 75.9/137 363 323 146 315 481 379 325 529 160 3021 368 131 359 346 487 138 376 491 378 3074 6095
Red M: 67.2/129 W: 72.4/132 323 290 133 263 424 350 308 472 120 2683 333 92 329 308 454 108 351 468 306 2749 5432

Year Built 1977

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Massachusetts (2018 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2017 #22) (2016 #2) (2015 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2016 #32)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #15)

Amazing Food 14
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 17
Entertaining Clients 17

I played the course last Wednesday with the safari club member 19 and enjoyed the course very much. It is one of the great courses the safari club has us play every years. Always look forward to play there.

Better & better all the time

The Safari Club of Golf just completed its organization's annual pilgrimage to this incredible golf course. All 140 plus members attending were thoroughly impressed with both the conditions of the golf course, as well as the attention and service we received from the entire staff.

There's lots of renovations and upgrades currently underway that will no doubt return this course to one of the highest ranking public courses in the country.

Our club members can't wait to return to this mecca of golf next season.

Worth the drive

Our Safari Club group had a great time at Crumpin-Fox. The course was challenging but fair, the staff was top-notch and the food was delicious. It's one of the highlights of our golf year to get out to play here.
Gary B. (Safari Club member #22)

167 Safari Golf member

Last Wed. the Safari Club with 144 members played at Crump and Fox. The weather was super the course was in excellent shape. It is not an easy course in that it is a long course and the course is rolling fairways ,elevated greens surrounded with bunkers. Many of the par threes have elevated tees looking down at greens surrounded with bunkers. The staff could not have been kinder and was very professional. We did not have to wait very often during the round. Super Day

Improvements are ongoing

The Safari Club of Western Mass. had the privilege of playing one of the finer courses in western Mass. There were well over 100 golfers who participated in this fun outing. The pace of play was tolerable based on the number of golfers. The course was going through quite a few of renovations including the removal of many trees on the perimeter of the course. This enables more sunlight to improve the condition of the course and speeds up play. There was work being done on the cart paths and construction of a new patio area. The only minor complaint was that the bar service at the end of round was somewhat slow because of the amount of players converging at the end of the shotgun schedule. The course management was extremely generous in offering discounts in the pro shop plus a demonstration of Bridgestone equipment. This is a course highly recommended for group outings and food service is available for large groups at the end of the round.

Safari Club Outing

From the music at the practice range to food after the game this place was outstanding. Its long 6095 yards from up front . The course was in great shape. The greens are fast. If you want a challenge this is the place to play.

A great Safari outing

Another great event for Safari at a great golf course there has been a lot of changes inside and and out that has made this course even better...over 3000 trees have been taken down which opens many of the holes we played it the day after the US Open qualifier and was in tip top shape...will return soon

Go out of your way to play here

Played the course yesterday (5/17/17) with the Safari Club and had a great time. Course provides many challenges to test your game. Course was in impeccable condition from Tee to green. Staff both on and off the course were just as great. Worth the time and effort to come and play.

Top Course

I had the pleasure of playing one of the premier courses in this area May 17, (the day after US Open qualifying at the course) with 140 friends from the Safari Club. The weather was hot (and my golf was not). We played a shotgun start, and while we were waiting to tee off, a fat turkey leisurely strolled across our fairway and into the woods. It was obvious the bird knew that it was safe to be in the fairway with my group on the tee.
The course was immaculate and greens were fast and true, the rough was thick and lush. A few holes play along water and there were a few carries over water for the brave.
The staff did an awesome job to accommodate all. And kudos to Zeke's grill for an amazing meal.
All in all, a great day with good friends at a great venue.

Course in rough winter shape

Really enjoyed the layout.Needs to recover from winter....The SAND traps have not been trimmed etc in last year????!...needs word...would return after winter recovery and SAND trap work....great layout...

MUST PLAY

If you haven't played this course shame on you! Staff is awesome layout is beautiful and is a true challenge. If it was not an 1.5 hour drive I would be a member.

FABULOUS

Crumpin-Fox is a beautiful and well designed course giving any golfer challenges while still being fair enough for an average golfer.

Dry dry dry!!!

Great course at an excellent price. Greens had unfortunately just been aerated; sandy front 9, better on back.
Very "tactical" course. Need to think on every hole, not just grab driver.
Played with a member (VERY helpful) in a little over three hours.
Obvious signs of the regional drought... fringes not up to usual high standards, rough dry, ponds empty. But a great experience despite this.

Great Layout. Awful Greens

One of the better course layouts you'll find anywhere. Tee to 10 yards from the greens course was well conditioned. Some tees a little bare but nothing impacting play. Many elevated tees so course plays less than yardage. Lots of strategically placed bunkers requiring both well played tee and approach shots. Lots of variety in holes makes for an interesting round. Could do without the tree in the middle of the 17th fairway. Now to the disappointing part. Collars to greens and bunkers were spotty patches of hard dirt and scraggly rough. Was anywhere from 5 to 20 feet wide making approach shots luck of the draw. Balls bouncing left, right, long or stopping dead depending on landing. Impossible to control chip shots. Worst I've seen on any course, much less on one of this reputed quality. Greens also below standard. Pace of play unbearably slow taking 5+ hours to complete round. No course ranger. Pro Shop attributed conditions to drought earlier in summer. If that's the case full disclosure should be made so one can decide for themselves if worth the $100 standard rate. At most a $40-50 course with these conditions.

CrumpinFoxMGMT
Commented On 09/28/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking to improve course conditions and take your comments very seriously. Look forward to having you back soon and making up for this experience.

Beautiful Golf Course/Outstanding Staff

My fiancé and I purchased a caddy card from WXLO and Crumpin Fox was included as one of the courses to play. This course is a little bit of a ride for us so we had never played there before....we were so impressed by both the course and the staff that we bought a 2nd caddy card and played there for the 2nd time this past Sunday. Again, the course was absolutely beautiful and the staff was outstanding....both times we played someone checked on us during our round to make sure there was nothing more they could do to make our round more enjoyable...the beer cart person also came around twice both times asking us how our round was going....Even though this course is a bit out of the way we will definitely return as it has become one of our favorite golf courses!!!! We would both 100% recommend playing...Totally worth it!!!

What a great course

Played Crumpin fox late Aug. Course is great. Staff is great. Strong recommendation to play it!!

pace of play killed the day

Went to Crumpin Fox as part of a 3 day golf trip,this being the second course of 6 we were playing.We were coming from Boston looking forward to this course because of the great experience we had last year, but it wasn't to be this year.Pace of play was terrible which made for a miserable day.There was two Extremely Slow groups two and three groups ahead of us with NO ranger anywhere to be found. I understand everyone should enjoy their round,but pace of play is one of the most important ettiquets of golf.Three groups behind us left on 14th hole because of the waiting,not what you want when paying a hefty greens fee.I still like the course,the staff is friendly,and restaurant is great,But need a ranger

Response from Crumpin Fox Club on 11/21/2016:
Hi u000006304942, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback as it helps us locate areas of our business in which we can improve. We are saddened to know you weren’t completely satisfied with your golf round. We have noted your comments and will work hard to make improvements. We hope to see you back again soon to give us another chance and to let us exceed your expectations!

despite the drought course in excellent shape

from tee to green the best course I have ever played

A real New England gem

Two of the most important factors in rating a course is how memorable is it and was it interesting? On both accounts, Crumpin-Fox comes through with flying colors. Having just played it, I could remember every hole, and no two holes were alike. Elevated tees, water hazards, interesting greens complex and a variety of doglegs make Crumpin-Fox one of the most interesting courses in New England. Well worth the drive.

Conditions on course wasn't as expected. loved the layout and the overall conditions of the clubhouse and restaurant.

I have never played this course before and people in the Springfield area were raving about it and how great the course is so I was very excited to get a chance to play the course at a great deal on golfnow. With that said, I wasn't too impressed with the course conditions. The overall layout of the course was great. It really challenges your game. That part of it I truly loved. I think the starter, even though he was nice, gave us a false impression about the course. Having never played courses like pebble beach and St. Andrews, I don't think it compares to them. I've played courses like the Ranch and witonbury hills and I thought the greens were better there. That was the most disappointing aspect of the round. When the starter told us the greens were "very fast" I expected it. It wasn't fast at all. It was pretty fast. The undulations of the greens made it challenging. I loved that part of the greens. Overall, I think Crumpin Fox needs to recover a little bit more before I can compare it to the ranch and Witonbury hills or even Cold Springs for that matter. I will probably try playing it later in the year or next year to see if the course conditions are better. Or maybe up to the starter and everyone's idea of how the course truly plays before I can truly evaluate the course.

Gill, Massachusetts