Cherry Hill Golf Course

Driving range: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

"Great Little Scoring Course"

Snowsy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2016

I golf with my girlfriend, she's 5' and about 120lbs. Not a big hitter. Playing only with guys on long courses gets frustrating for her, as we are all pulling out short irons and she's still hitting woods.

Cherry Hill is our favorite couples course, because aside from two holes she's got just as good a chance at pars and birdies as I do. And honestly, I like having a few more opportunities myself per round.

There is just enough personality on the course to keep it interesting for more regular golfers. And for us weekend duffers, Cherry Hill is a good bet to be your "Best Round" of the year. The fairways are in great shape this year, and the greens are all true and easy to navigate - except for the long par 5 7th. At least for me.

The atmosphere is relaxed, the staff is friendly and helpful. If you play golf to get dressed up, show off your new cart bag, and help validate some idea of snobbiness this might not be your place. But if you golf because you like the game and want some opportunities to hit great shots, score low, and cheer on your buddies (or lady friend) give this course a chance.

"Delightful 9-hole tract"

jcmeredith1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2014
First time playing Walked Played 9 holes Excellent weather

With my daughter scheduled to participate in a "pre-college" intro program at UMass, I knew that I would have three hours to kill in the Amherst area on a Saturday, so I made my plans to squeeze in 9 holes somewhere nearby. I found Cherry Hill just a couple of miles north of the center of the UMass campus. The pro shop manager was extremely friendly and very helpful. I rented a pull cart and played 9 holes for under $20. I ended up playing with a local gent whose game was similar to mine. Not only is this a beautiful little mountain tract, it was a gorgeous New England day. Several of the views are postcard quality. The course was in better condition than you might expect for such a terrific value. I will definitely go back to Cherry Hill for another visit.