Bay Pointe Country Club was known as Wareham Country Club when it first opened in 1964 up until 1988 when it underwent a major renovation, including the construction of the island green seventh hole, which is the golf course's signature. The club underwent yet another multi-million dollar renovation in 2012 when the club changed ownership. In the most recent renovation, hundreds of extraneous trees were cleared from the fairways in order to get it back into pristine condition. Although it's a seemingly short layout at just over 6,200 yards from the back tees, it actually plays much longer. The first two holes are laid across the hilliest portion of the terrain. Though you have a challenging start, the rest of the Bay Pointe golf course eases into a gentler landscape.

The Bay Pointe Club

Year Built 1964
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1964)

Carts Yes - $39

Single Allowed No
Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Shirts must have collars. Tank tops, cut-off jeans and metal spikes are prohibited.

People cutting in front of us

Got off early, nobody in front or behind us for 9 holes. On 11, an elderly couple drives up behind us on the tee, no idea where they came from, we hit our drives (mine was about 190 and my husband the same) they pulled around us and went to the next hole! Problem showed up 2 holes later when they are waiting on players in front that we finally caught up with. From that point they held us up, they had no business being there, I spoke to the person working in the pro shop after the round, oh well, they don’t care!

18 holes

I reviewed this course earlier in the season when there was no Hole 5 and Hole 6 was a temporary. I am happy to report that the course is back to 18 holes and is playing as it did in the past. I was told that there are a lot of homes being built and the holes will be changing. Call before you book if you do not play here regularly to confirm conditions.
This time it played very well!

Great conditions, confusing layout

Immaculate conditions, fairways greens and T boxes were terrific.

Only complaint is terrible signage and if you are new to the course good luck finding a number of holes if there isn't someone there to point you in the right direction.

There is also no key to tell you how far to a dogleg, a hazard, Or the preferable distance to hit a blind tee shot

All in all I liked the course a lot, but if my friend didn't have a swami we would have been lost completely

Solid Cape Course before the Bridge

Bay Pointe is a forgiving golf course. I hit a fair amount of bad shots that didn't get penalized. I started playing the blue tees but moved to the the whites after joining up with another single.

The construction is also done on the 5th and 6th holes and they are ready to go.

There are two weak holes on the course. #2 is a par 4 that plays way too long. Moving the tees up would be helpful. #7 is a par 3 that is maybe only 85 yards to the middle.

There are a couple of holes that are drive-able for someone in the 250 yards range, making for a fun decision. On the other hand, it feels like 5 of the par 3's all play to the same, or similar, distance.

The greens are sloped, receptive, and true but slow(er). The strategy is to go right at the hole with some speed.

Bay Pointe is going to be best for a fun, relaxing round of golf. There is not a ton of trouble to worry about and there is space to miss. There is room to hit the driver but you don't have to at the same time.

Despite the length not being an issue, I do not know if I would play the blues when I go back. Most holes are fine but a couple seem like the tee box doesn't really fit.

Pace of Play was a major issue, had a group of 6 in front that clogged up the whole course, but hard to complain more than that for the value.

Bay Pointe Club is an average Golf Course

Golfed the Bay Pointe Club in Wareham today. There is a lot of renovation going on and more is needed. Some of the holes are in fine shape . Others are not. For the $62 to play through Golfnow, I was hoping for better conditions. The signature hole with the island green was in good shape. It will be s while before I go back there.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bay Pointe Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 07/02/2019

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Bay Pointe Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented On 06/24/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Bay Pointe Country Club.

Course is a war zone

Entire course is under construction. All the greens were perforated. But construction everywhere. The 5th hole was closed completely due to construction. There were times I was driving the cart through construction sites just to get to the next hole. They should post that it is only a 17 hole course and all the construction going on and the perforated greens.

Commented On 06/20/2019

Hi, u428219269. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bay Pointe Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Course has few holes under construction

Fairways are in good shape, greens have aeration without sand backfilling so a bit bumpy putting overall really nice experience , like the laidback relaxed atmosphere.

Trash

Despite the cost being 45 bucks the entire experience at this place was trash...no starter at first tee allowing a bunch of carts to stack up, allowing 38 handicappers to decide when they should tee off is moronic since they hit balls 20 yards at 90 degree angels. Pace of play was a nightmare, tee boxes were dirt, holes where closed and the layout had no signs or information as to where you drive the cart to.
If watching guys shoot 140 in front of you all day this is your dream course!

Commented On 06/11/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bay Pointe Country Club.

early season

greens pretty good, fairways fair condition,tee boxes kinda rough. construction has closed 1 hole and severly shortened another

Commented On 04/16/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review at The Bay Pointe Club. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we appreciate your feedback regarding our course conditions and current construction. We value your feedback and will use it to continue the improvement of our golfers overall experience with us. Hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Decent course

I'd played here years ago but hadn't gone back in a while because it's a pretty long drive from my house. But the Hot Deal I was able to get was too much of a bargain to pass up. The course was in decent shape considering the time of year. The layout is a little funky with a decent amount of elevation change but a few blind tee shots. The greens were a little inconsistent in terms of speed, but they were tough in general as they were mostly crowned and not that big. The par 3's here are all about 200 yards or more from the blue tees, so they are pretty tough.

Great spring conditions

Course was in great shape for March golf. Greens were in very good shape with good spe ed. Good layout and accommodating staff. Will play again

Wow, I really like this course even more now

I guess I got lucky because the pace of play was excellent, no one in front or behind us. The course is in phenomenal condition, the new construction and new green on 5 and new tee boxes on 6 are brilliant. The greens are in excellent condition, a little slow but that is the norm for most every course around here. People who say this course is short are silly, they are looking at it completely wrong. It’s a par 70 with 6 par 3s, one of which is 85 yards (true Island green) and there is also a short drive-able par 4 and a short par 5. So when you factor all of that in, this course plays more like 6500 from the blues and 6200 from the whites (on a scale against other courses in the area). Not to mention that almost every par 3 is relatively long (185-220). #2 is as challenging a par 4 as you can find around these parts. This is a fun course, especially if you draw the ball, with many challenging shots and it’s nearly impossible to lose a golf ball. If there was one thing they could do to improve the course it would be to create a new Teebox on number seven across the street which could make it a 115-120 yard hole from the back tees. Other than that I say bravo, it’s been a few years since I had played here but I am very happy to be back.

CONSTRUCTION SITE

Even with a hot deal this wasn't a good value. 5th hole was closed for maintenance. They are rebuilding green and fairway. Probably be closed for another month. Also they wouldn't let us play the 6th hole because a tournament was starting and they wanted us off the course.. Had we not been playing fast (3.5 round course was empty) we wouldn't have gotten round in. As it was we only played 16 holes.

Not an 18 hole course ONLY 17

The greens are in nice shape. I have played this course for many years. No one mentioned that there is no longer a hole 5 and hole 6 is a temporary par 3. I cannot believe that this site is selling this as an 18 hole course.

Commented On 05/09/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, The Bay Pointe Club. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was miscommunication about the course. We will make sure to pass this along to our staff. We appreciate your loyalty over the years and that the greens are in nice shape. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Wareham, Massachusetts
Bourne, Massachusetts
Pocasset, Massachusetts
Marion, Massachusetts
Marion, Massachusetts
Otis ANG Base, Massachusetts

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.