Rockland Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

"Nice option"

John2688376's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Rockland is in great shape and offers a par 3 challenge for each hole. Many 160s and 210s, so you’ll tend to use some of the same clubs. The greens are great and a round tends to be 3 & 1/2 hours. Pro Shop and Bar/Restaurant gave friendly staff. It’s a good value and a nice option if you are looking for a smaller course. Pace can slow down during some periods due to walkers/random players.

Roguegolfer45's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

"Fun little course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Had a great time paying. Nice length for an executive course. Fun and interesting holes. The course was in very good condition.

"Great Short Course, Pro Shop was Very Rude"

Spencer9417361's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

The course was beautiful. Greens were in great shape. The course is short but challenging. There are plenty of hazards and other obstacles which keep the round interesting despite the small size of the course. The guy who checked me in at the pro shop was extremely rude and went on a 5 minute tirade/lecture because I was two minutes late to my tee time. I have never had that bad of a customer service experience at a course before. It was not just me either, the person that I was paired with also asked me if I was yelled at by the guy working the pro shop. This was without me mentioning my experience. Everyone else on the course was great, the starter was very friendly and there were no problems getting the round started. Overall, great experience minus the pro shop guy.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2018

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017

"Awesome par3"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

For a par 3 where you can use almost every club in the bag I find that incredible. Wether you choose to shoot the green or lay up for Iron practise options are open. Choose your time for the course attracts beginners to novice players. Cost is a bit high for a par 3 but challenges make it enjoyable.

"Just a round"

Ronaldl102's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

The tee boxes and fairways have taken a beating, but the greens are in good shape. Would not pay more than the golf now price. Pace of play is very slow. Golf and restaurant staff are very nice.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2017

"Pace of play is of concern"

KandyP's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

This is the second time I've played Rockland, and it was a little worse than before. The staff is always tremendously friendly and nice, the amenities are good, the course itself is laid out well, and kept up as far as a mid to lower end country club is expected to be. The biggest complaint is the pace of play. I had a tee time, and when I arrived there were people late that they were trying to cram into other groups. Instead of spreading out the tee times, they have them so close you're bound to be stuck behind some groups. I was put with a very sweet, and nice woman Karen, and two other gentlemen, and Karen and I waited 20 minutes past our original Tee time for the two gentlemen, which I know happens but nonetheless, aggravating. Even with that time gap, the senior citizen lady group in front of us just finished the first hole by the time we started. Thankfully it opened up later, but the pace of play would be my only real complaint.

Other than that the course, although a par 3, still had some longer holes, and tricky ones as well. Definitely going back, hopefully on a not so busy day.

"Great course"

KandyP's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

Even though it is only a par 3, you still have a few good challenges. This was my first time, and even though it is in April, even though we have had some bad weather, and even though we just had rapid and vast temperature change, the course was still looking great. They were doing work on all the holes while I was playing. Some of the maintenance crew very courteous and would make way for our shots and turn off loud equipment. While one or two were completely oblivious, and sat there begrudgingly, waiting for you to hurry up and leave so they can finish, and wouldn't get off the green until you almost struck them with your tee shot.

But that had little to no effect on me. This is a really good course. Fun, and can be easy at some holes, but very tricky in others. I can't wait for the weather to improve and see how well they're then.

The reason for the four stars is because of the price to play. Thankfully I got a deal on golfnow, and only paid $34, around that, for 18/cart. But if I didn't get the deal, the price was over $41, and these aren't regular season prices I don't believe. I must say that, although it is a bit pricey for a good par 3, it still isn't all that bad considering what you get.

All in all, I would most definitely recommend this course, and will be returning to this course soon.

"A great course for the family or beginners..."

Lisa6600243's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016

Despite the lack of rain this course was in decent condition. The greens were in great shape! It's always busy here so expect slow play it's a family friendly course where you see a lot of fathers with their young kids playing. The course itself is somewhat challenging for a par 3. It's called Rockland for a reason it's very rocky there so don't be afraid to move your ball to a grassy spot it's not worth ruining your clubs.

"Greens and course in great shape. Fun track with diverse holes"

chuckm2003's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I have been playing here for many years and the course is in the best shape it has been in recent memory. Greens look great and roll well. Fairways pretty open, not necessarily a shot makers course. Grip and rip is OK. Fun course with some challenging par 5s and 3s (215 and 210) balanced by some quirky short par 4s. The back 9 is a little more fun and varied than the front but overall a nice place to play and professionally run. Not overly challenging but pretty good value and no comparison to other courses in the immediate vicinity. 6:40AM start and finished in 3.5 hours, no waiting.

"Update maps"

Chriscalos's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016

A no frills executive course. Distance markers need to be clearer. Also, I use GolfLogix app but the maps and gps does not sync up.

"It's ok"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2016

Would of been better if there wasn't a grandmother with grandchild (~7 y.o) getting a lesson on the course ahead of my group.

"Nice ...But"

Scott9287108's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2015

Overall ..... course was in good condition, greens where great shape. Tee boxes where a mixed bag, mostly good but could use a little tlc after a long season. fairways seemed ok... didnt spend much time on them as you would expect on a par 3 layout.<br/> lots of tees to play from ( 5 sets ), lots of length , many holes at around 200yds.<br/> Clubhouse staff & starter where very pleasant.<br/> cart we got with our golfnow deal was have a tough time that day ( again end of a long season, made it thru but needs tlc).<br/> SO the BUT......... we paid 35/ea on Golfnow Hot deal, Included cart.... at that price, with cart... acceptable value, not good, not great...Acceptable.<br/> At full price ...with or with out cart ( not a tough course to walk FYI)....<br/> too expensive....40/walking weekday.... about 10/15 too high... especially since there are at least 3 other courses ( par 3 layouts)<br/> within 30 mins... 2 of three are equal to or better in everyway.... and all three are considerably Less.<br/> In some cases..... 80% less.

"No driver needed!"

Bmagic67's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2015

Good time ,had a lot of fun! short game specialty course. a lot of part threes -grounds were kept well /very friendly staff definitely will go back to work on my short game some more! (Groupons)

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"First time here"

GaryBates's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I played here for the first time and knowing it was a par 3 course.. but was surprised to find some holes over 200 yards where I could hit driver or 3 wood. I shot a 70 on a par 54 which was a little worse than I usually play. The greens were in pretty good shape but really FAST. Like putting on ice. lol.<br/> Overall I paid 20 bucks with cart on Golf.com and would play there again but not at full price.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Time well spent."

Jose5938274's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2014

Great course to work on your short game. The pace of play was fluid. The course was clean. A great experience.

"The course provides plenty of iorn work"

cptmize's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Love that I was forced to hit irons on all holes. Did not use a tee so I could sharpen up my fairway to green game.