A view of a green at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club

Greens Blue Grass

Walking Allowed Yes, except on weekends before 1:00pm

Banquet Facilities

Great value

Good looking track. I would definitely come back. Nobody driving the course with beverages on a 95° day, but no coolers allowed either. Warm water from our bags was better than passing out though.

Backed up...

The first thing that usually happens when arriving to a course and playing golf in the morning, especially a Sunday morning, is walking inside and having a s***. Well, don’t expect this here. 90 degrees at 8 am. “We have porta potty’s” say. Ok. Thanks.

Unkempt. Burnt out. Target golf.

No thanks.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Sandwich Hollows Golf Club.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Best bang for your buck!

Played the course with my beginner teen. Not an easy course for someone just picking up the game due to changes in elevation, blind shots, and burnt rough. However, the greens were in good shape and very consistent. The fairways were in pretty good shape too. For the price, you won’t find a better deal on the Cape!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Four days in the cape - three rounds at SH

I booked 4 different courses on a summer trip to the Cape - I ended up playing at Sandwich Hollows the first day and enjoyed it! Green conditions awesome under drought conditions. Fun 'Boston' guys as starter and cart maintenance at the end. I came back a second time as a single at 545am and played 18 holes in 90 minutes! And then took my son and played for a third time today! Very playable golf course - friendly pro and staff! You can even catch a croquet match if you are lucky! There was an accident on the bridge and we were 60 minutes late - no problem the staff on the phone told me! Just show up and we will get you out he told me...Keep up the great green conditions!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sandwich Hollows Golf Club.

Needs Help

I have played Sandwich Hollows several times and generally enjoy it. But the course is suffering from, maybe overplay, at the moment. It needs of all things, water. Compared to other courses on the Cape, SH is dry. The tee boxes are beat up, the fairways are ok, but with lots of brown areas and the tees are in good shape. The town ought to invest more money and will surely reap the rewards.

Commented on 07/28/2020

I think Sandwich has to invest more money into the course. It's interesting and challenging and an excellent asset. I would improve the irrigation, have a refreshement cart out on the course (NOW!), plant trees in the parking lot for shade, and keep doing what you're doing with the greens, they're very nice.. The other towns, e.g., Yarmouth, have invested the time and money to make their couses very attractive. It's worth it.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Not the best, OK

Played Sandwich Hollows previously and thought it was a pretty decent play, a deal, and had a very nice experience . Convinced my golf buddy to play on our way off of The Cape. Returned today and the experience was a not as special.

We had a late morning tee time and when we arrived and got into the cart, we were instructed to bring water as there was none on the course . When we arrived at the starter 5 minutes before our tee time, there was already a back up of three groups. There was a group on the tee box waiting to tee off, a group waiting and then us.

While waiting , the starter mentioned that no coolers were allowed on the course. I told him that we had extra frozen water due to the no water on the course and no alcohol and he could inspect if he wanted. I had a very small soft cooler that holds a 6-pack of 12 ounce cans. It was hot 84 deg + and supposed to get a little bit warmer, so I brought 3 20 ounce bottles of water frozen. The cart woman came by and also told us no coolers, which I replied it is just frozen water, and she said coolers are not allowed and made us remove it. So after removing the frozen water, we quickly dropped the cooler back at the car.

I understand the no cooler if filled with alcohol, but water, especially when they don't have cold water on the course and it's hot , is bush league if you ask me. My frozen water was warm by the 4th hole.

The other thing that added to the lesser experience, was no ranger to keep things moving. We watched many groups hit into the trees and every time spend 5+ minutes looking for it, sometimes with 2 or 3 people as groups were stacking up behind them waiting to hit. My rule of thumb, if folks are waiting to hit, 1 minute looking for your ball at most, else consider it lost and drop. No one behind you take more time. If you're concerned about losing a $4 Titleist, either get better so you're not launching it into the trees every drive or play a less expensive ball.

The course was in good/very good condition, but not spectacular . Tee Boxes and greens were in very good shape. Greens rolled true. Many fairway areas very dry. Sand in bunkers was good and predictable.

My main complaints are it took 3 h to play 9 h. Yes it was the weekend, but with carts, and a competent ranger, 2.5 h mxx and the bush league stuff about no coolers for keeping/bringing cold non-alcoholic drinks (water) cold on a very hot day, when no water is provided on the course. I left after 9 as another 3 h on the course would have put me on the road at a time that would add another 1+ hours to a 1 h 15 drive.

With some many quality places to play on the Cape for similar $, I may look elsewhere in the future. I like the course, just not this time.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Sandwich Hollows Golf Club.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sandwich Hollows Golf Club.

Sandwich Hollow

Greens in great shape, but slow. Fairways burnt in places and many parts of rough were dry and rocky. Very hilly course, but that was a known before play.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Sandwich Hollows Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Very challenging course

Very hilly and long. Some interesting holes but not a very forgiving course. Conditions were so so but it has been a very dry summer. Would not play again

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (508) 888-3384. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (508) 888-3384 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Sandwich Hollows Golf Club!

I love this course when I'm on the Cape

I played The Captains course, Port side. It wasn't as good as I remembered. In fact I think Sandwich Hollows is in better shape! It is by far the best deal/course on the Cape!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

South Sandwich, Massachusetts