Butternut Farm Golf Club

Back 70 6302 yards 70.5 125
Middle 70 5755 yards 68.1 120
Front (W) 70 4778 yards 74.4 128
Front 70 4778 yards 67.5 117

"Very tight off the tee"

kpkelley83's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

I listed narrow fairways as one of the "challenges", but this isn't entirely accurate. The real challenge is narrow alleyways from the tee box. Many tee boxes are surrounded by trees. The result is someone who plays a consistent shot shape really needs to pay attention to where they tee up as a push-draw or pull-fade could hit a tree before the draw or fade comes into play. These tight alleyways and a par four dogleg left that doesn't allow for a straight shot in the fairway are why I knocked the rating down for course layout.

Commented on 10/05/2016

Thanks for taking the time to review the course and share your player tip. We think the layout offers a challenging round, but we appreciate your feedback and your 4 stars. Hope to have you back again soon!

"First Time at Butternut"

Richie4326581's avatar
Boston Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2015

My first time at Butternut Farms was great!! Golf course is really good. Plays shortish at 5755 from whites but is very narrow and tree lined. If you spray ur tee ball you will not be able to do nothing but pitch out and regroup. Some really memorable holes here. # 3 is a longest hole to a double green. # 8 is fantastic!! 268 yards over wetlands to narrow fairway w a small green. Beautiful hole. # 9 plays into a great clubhouse with a patio over the back. # 10 is a monster. 600 yards slight dogleg right w a narrow fairway. 3 or 4 shot hole with fairway ending at about 120 with pitch over a pond to a narrow green I actually hit pin on the fly and landed close for me to save par. # 5 plays long over a lake after going across a covered bridge. Really enjoyed 14. Drive over protected wetlands to a slight right dog leg. Overall course was in great shape. Bunkers. Greens and fairways. Only two complaints. Tee boxes were hard. Not forgiven for irons and tough to find a soft spot for tee. My main issue was customer service in grill. Girl didn't seem to want to be there. Outside smoking when we arrived. We only had time for a drink b4 our round but planned on coming in after round for drinks and a burger but when we asked her the hours she basically said that 5 pm was it. On a summer Sunday!?!? And sure enough with our 206 tee time we were done about 615 and it was locked and done. C"mon maybe 7 o'clock during the summer?!? Very disappointed. This was reason I couldn't give Butternut Farms five stars They have a amazing clubhouse. Keep it open so we can enjoy it. Definitely will be back. I shot a 76. So golf was excellent

"Great golf"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2014

I really enjoy playing this course it is a very challenging course and it is 20 min from my house

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent