Blissful Meadows Golf Club

Clubs: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

"Not So Blissful An Experience"

NoonanSmails's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

It was my first time to BM after hearing both good and bad things about the course. I was really looking forward to playing it on a perfect Fall Wednesday. I was greeted by the starter on my way in the front door 20 minutes before my tee time. Then I was rushed to the first tee without a chance to practice putt or stretch. I was not sure why the rush, but after two sloppily played holes we caught the pack. We spent the next 4:15 waiting behind the pack. The course was in good condition. The greens were not mowed that day but they still rolled alright. The main thing I noticed was the hardness of the ground. Maybe it was the mini drought we are in or maybe it was just the soil underneath, but everywhere seemed to be rock hard. This resulted in some wild bounces off fairways and over greens. It was a trampoline effect. When we got to the 16th fairway it was in fact being aerated. That would help soften things up. With all of the doglegs, blind shots and hidden hazards, BM is a course you need to play a few times to figure out the game plan on each hole. Brian Silva designed this public course during his 'Angry Period'. I think a few tweaks and alterations would make this course more enjoyable for all players. The par 3's, especially on the back, are very scenic and enjoyable. BM is located in the middle of nowhere in Uxbridge. (Google Maps got me lost on my way out.) I doubt I will be going back any time soon, but people in the area may keep them busy enough.

"Always Enjoyable"

b11dmalo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2017

Blissful is always a good time. Conditions are always great and if you hit it around club tourney times the green speed can be a challenge. The staff is great and the restaurant/staff are also very friendly. This course is also one of the best values you can find. Not too many places give you this golf for the price. Yes you have to get there but it is worth it. To me the par 3s at Blissful is where a lot of the challenge and fun is. You'll hit different clubs into greens and better think before you just pull a club.

"My favorite course...in great shape!"

Tashas9983's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

I just played Blissful Meadows in a tournament...It has never been in better shape! Make the trip it's worth it!

"Place is falling apart"

Dgoulet777's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2015

Used to love this place. It was always in great shape. I played in a tournament recently and it was terrible. They have lost a lot of the fairways. The greens were ok but overall not what I have been used to from this track. Very disappointed in the conditions. Hope they can recover before next season.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"This course is challenging but fun"

PMC9746's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I play this course regularly and enjoy play every time. Holes are unique and have a great mix of length and shape. Greens are challenging and require positioning to avoid fast down hill and side hill putts. With a 130+ slope, the course demands ability to hit fairways and shape some shots to optimize angles for approaches.

"Poor Overall Experience"

Geetus's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2015

Booked via phone using golf magazine special. Staff member taking call to book tee time was informed the group wanted to use the golf magazine deal and that we knew that special was for tee times after 1pm. Staff member informed caller that they would honor the deal for an 11:30 am tee time. Upon arrival pro shop staff reacted negatively and argued with members of the group but after 5 minutes agreed to allow us to play. When hitting balls on the range another staff member approcahed and once again argued saying they could not honor the deal. After an additional 5 minutes arguing with staff member he agreed to allow the tee time. NOTE: there was NO PLAY at this time and for the remainder of our round there were ONLY a few scattered 2-somes on the course! Course was in poor shape with overgrown tees and extremely slow greens. Overall the course was in veery poor shape for a Sunday. I will not return to play this course and would not recommend. Extremely unaccpetable behavior by staff under the circumstances.

"Early in the season round"

BostonGolfTraveler's avatar
Boston Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

We played here in April and the course was not in great condition, tough winter in New England. The layout was nice with elevation changes and some tight fairways. We hope to play it again in summer when it's in better shape.

Quality of food & beverage: Average