The Cape Club
Scorecard for The Cape Club
Black M: 73.4/138 342 181 518 354 186 459 409 449 495 3393 527 155 439 422 388 348 173 447 563 3462 6855
Gold M: 71.6/132 318 171 493 336 169 438 387 406 473 3191 500 132 411 400 372 330 157 410 511 3223 6414
Blue M: 69.8/127 300 159 459 332 148 421 361 384 452 3016 488 109 379 370 330 311 136 395 488 3006 6022
White M: 67.4/120 W: 72.7/130 280 138 438 288 135 375 325 359 408 2746 460 92 361 351 309 295 123 381 455 2827 5573
Red W: 70.3/128 262 121 371 273 126 300 309 323 390 2475 396 82 350 314 288 266 115 357 429 2597 5072

Year Built 1987
Greens Bent

Not Ready for Primetime

I do not want to be too critical here because it is a nice course. Having said that, it's certainly NOT worth $130.00 at this point in time. The course isn't mature enough at this point and needs time for the grass to come in and there 'rough' spots all around the course. The greens are nice (again, need some maturity) and the same goes for the fairways. I'd recommend The Pinehills (Plymouth, MA) above The Cape Club at this point and is cheaper.
The beverage cart was seen only 1 time during the 18-hole round, so that was a disappointment. Practice facility is very nice and the club house is beautiful, although the pub/grille wasn't a place I'd recommend. Menu items were sparse and the beer selection was very limited. I'll give it another shot in a few years, but as of today, I wouldn't recommend it for the price point ($130).

Great golf

Conditions great. Layout great. Pace of play great. Value great,$50 after 12:00. Played gold tees 6400 yards, challenging but fair. Can't wait to play it again! Nice range.Very nice carts with GPS.

GREAT CHANGES

I HAVE PLAYED THIS COURSE AS BALLYMEADE IN THE PAST, AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE CHANGES. VERY PLEASING TO THE EYE AND ALSO A FAIR TEST FROM THE PROPER TEE LOCATION.

Too soon to judge!!!

working on making this a top golf course destination .. but still a work in progress.
Don't bother for another few years

Fun course... Disappointing staff!

Myself and 7 others played played here while on a guys golf getaway and had a good enjoyable round.

My brother and I had also purchased a round of golf for this course via a silent auction at a golf expo. My brother has a serious back injury and won't be able to play this season. I called and asked if the certificate could be extended to next year. I received an quick "NO". When I attempted to explain the situation I was accused of lying about the injury with a "do you know how many of these stories I get" I explained he was getting a situation not a story and that I was not pleased that he was implying I wasn't being truthful. His tone and attitude was very poor and unprofessional.. I know next year this course will not be included in our playlist for our annual trip.

Arrived and the place was empty being a early morning in October, finished my round as a single in 2 1/2 hours. Weather was perfect, course was in great condition, and only complain (if it is one) was the greens were a bit too hard even with the morning dew. Very hard to hold a green when your sky high pitching wedge goes forward uphill 15 feet and never even leaves a dent on the green with a Pro V1.
Both the man running the clubhouse and the ranger who was issuing carts were extremely friendly and helpful. Will definitely play again and again if the price is right like I got on GolfNow ($65).

Nice track

We had a foursome yesterday who had not played the course since it was completely redone. We were excited to see the changes and upgrades.
Overall the course is in great condition. The greens were fast and true. The tee boxes and fairways well kept.
The carts are new and upgraded with excellent GPS screen. It's a good thing because three of us had golf gps watches and none of them were updated to course changes, even though they were different brands and I had updated mine day prior.
The course is still target golf and it penalizes bad shots but the woods have been cleared out a bit.
The single biggest disappointment is the condition of the cart paths. The allegedly spent $250,000 on sand for the bunkers and the paths are rutted, consist mostly of pea gravel and occasional old tar stretches, and are actually quite bumpy. Considering they ask you to ride cart paths and 90 degree to ball, it's just not up to what it should be.
Overall fun but not sure it's a $100 play.

Terrific Course

High end public course however we received a discounted rate to try the layout. We played it under the old layout and found the changes were very well done. The conditions were spectacular and was certainly a must play. It would be worth playing even for the $125+ for the standard green fee.I they have enough golfers willing to pay that fee because they worked hard to make this a memorable experience. Clubhouse is also spectacular.

The new attitude

The course was in beautiful condition and the improments Troon golf has made are spectacular!
The high-tech carts with built in GPS are cool.
Unfortunately, the staff has an issue!
We had an outing of 92 golfers. From the start, a nice “no coolers allowed” would have been an appropriate greeting. But instead we were threatened with expulsion in a nasty manner. Then followed by multiple loud speaker announcements of “you will be removed from the course”. Physically?
Rule for the day was 90 degrees and then return to the cart path. On the first hole, we played we followed the path and dropped into the fairway to hit our second shots only to be blasted at “get the carts on the paths”. Asking the following groups, same obnoxious attitude from the ranger.
The banquet afterwards: food was OK till they ran out! Short by 20 golfers. Poor planning or just being cheap?
Final take away, great course, unfriendly atmosphere.

Boston Advisor

Getting better and better

We played this course the weekend it opened this past summer and it was even better today. On a cool November day the course was in fantastic condition other than the greens being a little shaggy but with the course closing Sunday for the winter that is to be understood. I look forward to seeing the upgrades to the back nine to complete the course and make it even more fantastic. See you in the spring Cape Club.

North Falmouth, Massachusetts