Type Private
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Year Built 1922
Architect Donald Ross (1922) Bill Newcomb (1972) John F. Robinson (1972) Tyler Rae Ron Prichard (2012) William Diddel (1952) Arthur Hills (1994)

Caddies Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Old school in Ann Arbor

Haven't played here since probably 2000 but there are no reviews so I'll kick it off:

I was a muni kid growing up in Ann Arbor but I did get the chance to play Barton Hills a few times a year for various reasons, partly because I valeted here several summers. It was also a highlight of our High School golf calendar getting to play an 18 hole tournament here with the other city schools.

This place is the "old money" club in Ann Arbor and had caddies and the kind of place where as a kid you feel like you need to be on your best behavior. I remember really enjoying the layout. It wasn't too tough but it had its moments, like the ridiculously elevated 15th green. I'd like to go back and look at it and see if it's as steep as I remember.

Probably the thing I remember most about playing Barton however was considering I played most of my golf at Leslie & Huron Hills was that it was in almost startlingly good condition. The greens were incredible and fast. Michigan & Radrick were always a couple steps below Barton. Simply immaculate.

I think the UM course is more interesting in terms of hole variety but if I had the chance to go home and play one course it'd probably be here. I wonder if anyone would recognize me and toss me their keys.

I"m not really sure how to rate "Staff Friendliness" since I was, in fact, the staff.

Whitmore Lake, Michigan