Style Parkland
Blue 72 6631 yards
White 72 6327 yards 71.5
Red (W) 72 5517 yards 73.3
Scorecard for Oakland Hills
Blue M: 71.5/130 406 465 409 191 396 170 300 531 365 3233 460 470 150 420 105 595 409 409 380 3398 6631
White M: 71.5/125 389 460 395 178 385 165 286 511 356 3125 407 466 135 364 95 585 383 397 370 3202 6327
Red W: 73.3/125 369 418 315 164 370 100 239 365 276 2616 360 390 130 334 85 550 330 387 335 2901 5517

Year Built 1973

Clubs No

The greens were in great shape

This course was fun to play. There is water on some holes in fact one is an island green par four. The sand bunkers were in good shape also.

Best greens of any course I have played this year....

This course is a hidden gem in the arm pit of Michigan (battle Creek). A great deal on golf now enticed my group to meet up for 18. We were pleasantly suprised at the condition of the greens. The front nine is a great scoring 9 and the back is long, but fair. I'm glad we took a gamble... Wish our time at Firekeepers was this enjoyable.

awesome greens with a great golf course layout

Great place to golf, with good friendly service!! Thanks!!

Course played well after Fall Aeriation

After a follow-up round to aeriating greens, course appears to be playing up to expectations and greens are rolling true. Back nine preceed front nine by a week (Sept.3) but both are well heeled. Fall leaves have not yet begun to drop, so play is keeping pace and lost balls are more a factor of errant shots than downed leaves. Also, greens are holding well and mowing is being conducted as usual during summer months.

This course has self centered rude ownership.

While the course itself is in good condition the management ruined my opinion of the course. The carts are run down and barely work (which incidently we stayed late the first time playing the course to help the owner retrieve a broken down cart from the course). The owners son runs the course without obvious help and had mentioned the sprinklers would be coming on around dusk and he didn't want us to get wet or have the carts out in the dark. We played in 3 1/2 hours and teed off at 18 perfectly capable of seeing our balls and prior to 9pm. We actually picked up one of our balls due to a poor tee shot and headed into finish up the hole when the owner walked out to the hole before we were finished and was very confrontational is his approach telling us to hurry up and he told us to come in before the sprinklers kicked on. The owner was so rude he accused us of "horsing around". Where of course we were there to have fun....after all that is why people play golf....if you recall looking at the time frame we played in was under 31/2 hours. Not enough time for horsing around. We immediately removed our property from the golf cart when approached by him and quit playing heading toward our vehicle. Bottom line is there are many many courses in Michigan and his is not that special....his prices are higher than even Yarrow for evening play. He complains about alcohol sales and money if even talking to him. Not an environment conducive to keeping customers. Actually he is known in the area already for his mean spirit. ... I now understand what others were saying. I will not go back to his establishment even if free.

OaklandHillsStaff
Commented On 09/17/2014

For players' safety, liability purposes and the health of our grounds and equipment, golfers in power carts are not permitted to play beyond dusk at Oakland Hills Golf Club, particularly when the sprinklers run. Every late-day player is reminded of this when they check in.

This group's on-line tee time had a 5 PM icon next to it and they were nicely asked at the start of their round and also at the turn to please complete play by sunset and reminded why.

20 minutes after sunset and after all other play had already left the course, this group was asked to exit the play area as the sprinklers had activated. They became perterbed and agitated as though they had never been informed.

Golf is about having fun and relaxing. Regretfully, when well intended and courteously asked course safety requests are ignored and darkness is approaching, non compiant players are subject to being escorted off the course. OHGC staff.

Had a great time

Just had the best round this year, had a great time with great friends

Mom and pop course

Old fashioned course, greens were awesome, staff was late to work so missed our 7:15 tee time

excellent grass greens,fairways.and even tee boxes

iv played golf for over 46 yrs and iv yet to play a course with better greens then Oakland hills. they rolled true and there was not even 1ball mark or bald spot.on the greens. my friends and I remarked all day about the condition of the course and the greens.i highly recommend Oakland hills in battle creek.it would be a shame if you don't play Oakland hills battle creek

Excellent value

Great course, lots of doglegs, little tight on front side with boundary stakes between 6 and 8. Greens were very soft due to lots of rain and were slow.

Mowers must be broken

This course used to be in great shape. I live in the area and always enjoyed playing here. It looks like the staff did not mow the course for a month. There was clumps of grass all over the place, looked like it needed to be bailed. The rough looked like they were waiting for a US Open to come there and many fairways were narrower then they used to be due to lack of mowing. Overall the grass was still til long for the fairway and rough. We got on for $12.00 and I still would not go back. You can tell that the Owner George is not out there anymore. He had a lot more pride in the course, I never saw the course look like that before.

OaklandHillsStaff
Commented On 06/02/2014

PLEASE READ THE 7 REVIEWS POSTED BEFORE THIS ONE FOR A MORE TRUTHFUL AND ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF OAKLAND HILLS GOLF CLUB. WHILE WE CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT SOME GOLFERS WON'T FIND THEIR WAY INTO THE HIGH FAR ROUGH, WE CAN GUARANTEE THAT OUR FAIRWAYS ARE BEING MOWED EVERY OTHER DAY DURING THIS UNUSUALLY VIRGOROUS AND PROLIFICALLY SEED PRODUCING SPRING GROWTH SEASON... AND WITH THE SAME QUALITY AND ATTENTION, AND AT THE SAME CUTTING HEIGHT AND 95 FOOT WIDTH WE'VE MOWED FAIRWAYS AT FOR 41 YEARS. THAT IS FACT.

IF THE GOLFER WHO WROTE THIS REVIEW AND CLAIMS THAT HE HAS PATRONIZED AND ENJOYED OUR COURSE FOR YEARS HAD SPECIFIC ISSUES, HE ABSOLUTELY DID NOT MENTION THEM TO OUR STAFF THE DAY HE PLAYED. THAT IS FACT.

TRUTH BE TOLD, WE COULD NEVER HAVE EARNED OUR "4 STAR" RATING FROM AMERICA'S LEADING GOLF MAGAZINE MULTIPLE TIMES BY SERVING UP THE COURSE DESCRIBED IN THIS REVIEW. JUST AS WITH YOUR FRIENDS, ANY FRIEND OF OUR COURSE MIGHT HAVE FIRST SPOKEN TO OUR STAFF BEFORE TEEING OFF IN THIS MANNER UNDER THE CLOAK OF THE INTERNET.

A GOOD REPUTATION IS EARNED OVER MANY YEARS. WE CHERISH OURS AND DEFEND IT. AND WHILE WE WELCOME TRUTHFUL,CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM... WE DON'T FEEL THAT THIS ONE WAS EITHER. NOR WAS IT FAIR TO THE OWNER WHO WAS MENTIONED, WHOSE HEALTH DOESN'T ALLOW HIM TO RESPOND. WE ASSURE YOU ALL HE WOULD HAVE A THING OR TWO TO SAY... AND NOT AS DIPLOMATICALLY...

FRIENDS, PLEASE JUDGE FOR YOURSELVES...

Best course in the area!

I thought this course had an excellent mix of holes providing a variety of challenges. The greens were some of the best I've played in a while. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend this course to players of all skill levels and anyone who enjoys having great scenery around while playing. Overall a great experience.

Great time great course

A good time on the golf course was had by my wife & I. We would recommend to friends.

Oakland Hills

This course was well groomed and played very well for all types of golfers. The greens were very well manicured and in tip top shape. Great find, great value, and friendly staff.

Very nice layout, course in very nice condition!

This course has a nice mix of difficult and not so difficult holes. Really nice course hidden away in the middle of nowhere, well worth playing!

Nicely maintained

Some of the best tee boxes we've seen . Little challenging but we will be back to play again. Super nice staff!

Greens were as nice as they've ever been.

I thought that the overall condition of the course was nice. The greens were in magnificent shape.

course has graet holes

nice greens neat holes. had to listen to the owner thell us he's not making any money off golf now we are getting free golf.we had to listen to be for we started an after we got done .

Great Greens

Oakland Hills has always prided themselves on the quality of the greens. They are very soft and hold their lines. Even in extreme temperatures you can trust the greens. The greens alone are worth the price of admission. Fun and challenging course with a ton of history.

Excellent Shape

Very nice course. Greens were super soft and easy to attack. Even with some nice challenging holes, had an opportunity to go low!

Staff was super friendly, beer was cold and cheap, and course seemed pretty busy with a league going off at the same time we teed off!

Will go back soon!