Formerly known as Bay City Country Club.

Saginaw Valley Public Golf Course
Scorecard for Saginaw Valley Public Golf Course
Blue M: 73.3/125 373 527 390 196 415 553 437 175 416 3482 368 541 403 223 441 535 138 440 395 3484 6966
White M: 71.8/121 360 490 340 181 400 539 422 146 379 3257 352 528 389 209 429 495 126 427 370 3325 6582
Gold M: 67.8/119 W: 73.1/126 320 460 290 150 358 436 385 134 336 2869 314 454 359 176 397 456 119 365 314 2954 5823
Red W: 69.4/120 260 396 248 123 323 406 334 123 299 2512 266 405 301 151 360 411 102 338 291 2625 5137

Year Built 1965
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Art Johnson Larry Packard (1965)

Clubs No

Plays Long 11

Agree with other reviews!

Course was very wet today, no fault of the course or course management!

Saginaw Valley Golf Teams we working on qualifying - good luck to all of them for a great season.

First time player on this course, long for Women but doable and not overly challenging. In its day as a Country Club it was probably beautiful. Today greens were in great shape and I’m sure the course will again be awesome. We will play again to watch the progress!

Congrats on getting this back in shape.

Even when this was a country club, the bunkers weren't very good and the layout is just okay. The last time i played this last year, you couldn't give me a round of golf here-- terrible. However, grass is capable of comebacks, just as SV as a whole evidently is. I kept getting word that is was much better. I've played it three times this year and every time it keeps getting better as a whole. The greens aren't as fast as they used to be, but they roll at a decent speed and aren't bumpy. I hope they continue to make a go of it. The current conditions and layout merit a $30 green fee. Fair price for a good product.

Good day!

Tee time was 8:10 am and good thing we did. Very hot but, the course has been taking a lot of water to keep it green. It seems that they are starting to take much better care of this course again, and I for 1 am very happy. I guess my only complaint is, Come on guys, bend over and fix your ball marks on the green.

Great Day

Weather was great and what a great time to golf in Michigan

Perfect and challenging!

The course is in better shape than it has been in years! Kudos to the ground crew, all the workers and management!! The staff is very friendly and do their job well! The course has not looked this good for many years!! Thank you for keeping the course going... please don't ever sell! This is my favorite course in the area!!

Worth the trip

Course is in really good shape compared to past years. Only drawback are the sand traps. They are like rock. Otherwise a good time was had by all.

Much Better

The course was in much better condition compared to last year at this time. This course used to be the best course in Bay County at one time. I worked there when it was a private club but, it fell on hard times and now it has a new owner who really didn't care as I heard it is back up for sale again. The golf course is a very good course and does challenge you. The greens are fast and true. The sand traps need to be kept up better but over all I really do enjoy playing this course. I really hope someday a true golf course person will buy this course and get back in to shape again.

Commented On 08/24/2017

This reply is from the owner. We do care deeply about the golf course and are doing our best to get it back into great shape.....as your review testifies. There are always rumors and I want to assure you that we have no plans to sell the golf course. Our plans are to build it back up with league and regular public play.
We hope that you come back to play again and by all means, ask for me, (Wendy), as I would be happy to speak with you to find out where you are hearing these false rumors. Thank you!

Nice course but SLOW play

Course was not busy but there was a twosome holding up t foursomes and another twosome ahead of us for 16 holes...EXCRUTIATINGLY slow play and the ranger did nothing about it. Disappointing as the day could have been a 3 1/2 hour round instead of a 5 hour round if they would just manage the golfers a bit and get them to speed up or let others play through. Course was in pretty good shape .

Commented On 08/24/2017

I would love to speak with you personally to hear your concerns and see what we can do to make up your slow round up to you. Please email me directly at wldore@yahoo.com.

Thank you for letting us know that we need to address some issues.

Excellent Value

Saginaw Valley is a classic course layout. The fairway bunkers are strategically located to present a challenge off the tee. The greens are large but are contoured to encourage hitting them in the right spots. The course is easily walkable. The clubhouse isn't fancy and there aren't a lot of bells and whistles, but at the price I think it's an excellent value. If you want a good round of golf at a good price, Saginaw Valley should be high on your list of courses in the Tri-City area.

Rediculous

Everytime i go here my tee time means nothing. The course owners just want the money so anyone yhat comes in gets told to go ahead. This day i got here for my tee time and there were 6 groups waiting on the first tee box, so we decided to jump to the back 9 then got yelled at for it.

Commented On 08/15/2017

Dear Rediculous......this is a response from the owner. We truly apologize for the confusion and frustration that you experienced. We believe we know what happened and the the 6 groups that you are referring to. I personally would like to speak with you to make sure that we correct the issues that you experienced. Also, we want to assure you that we are not just out for the money, and want to make this up to you. Would you please email me back personally to discuss this? Wendy - wldore@yahoo.com

Great course nearby!

The course is in excellent condition! The staff are second to none! A great value for the money... one of my favorite courses!

Great layout

I play here frequently and the course condition is much improved over last year. The designer did a great job laying out this course with the land he was given to work with. It's the classic design that I like. Not a lot of trouble here as far as water hazards and such, but the course plays difficult. It forces you to hit golf shots. Errant shots typically won't result in lost balls, but you'll be forced to hit a good shot in order to recover. The greens are large and somewhat difficult to read. Large fairway bunkers and greenside bunkers that because of the flat land, are the courses only defense. Tree lined fairways, but you'll find your ball and be able to maybe have a shot at the green or just move the ball up the fairway. The clubhouse staff does a great job and are very friendly.

excellent

Love golfing this course. It is very challenging as a woman golfer but I am improving. It has a great variety of challenge with trees, sand, rolling greens and water too.

Much improved

Course conditions much improved from last year: greens roll nice & fairways in really good shape. Warning on driving you cart if you're like me and try not to track up fairway... all but non-existent cart paths and several large ruts hidden in grass, you're going to spill your coffee & actually could hurt yourself. Like the layout a lot!

Country Club Course is History

The layout is still there, mid-fairway bunkers, sand around the greens, and large true greens, but the course is far from its heyday. If the greens aren't watered well they will be burned out by the end of June. Fairways are mowed, but not groomed, sand is hard packed with some vegetation in the mix. A solid country club course has become much less.

Nice place to golf.

fun average great for quick golf for a great price...
They have pretty front desk staff hahaha. a couple of the holes where the fairway is pretty beat up, but I think they are fixing this issue.

Burned Out

The fairways were dry and burned out. I guess with all the hot weather we have had they were not able to keep up the watering. The greens were great, true roll and well taken care of as the tee boxes. The ponds were almost completely dry and the bunkers were not in the best of shape. It is very sad as I use to work there when it was the Country Club. This was at one time the best golf course in Bay County. I have heard this course is for sale and I hope a new owner can come in and put it back in to the shape it once was.

A Day at the Beach

Large, fast greens. Lots of large bunkers in the fairway and green side. Very good test of golf skills. Great value for the money.

Bay City, Michigan
Freeland, Michigan
Freeland, Michigan
Kawkawlin, Michigan
Essexville, Michigan

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package