Year Built 1964
Fairways Blue
Greens Blue

Carts Yes - $15

Decent Course

I play here every year when I vacation in Michigan. This is not an upscale championship course, but it is a good value and a moderate test of golf given the wind and layout. The greens were a little brown in spots, which is unusual as they are usually perfect. Greens were hard and approach shots were bouncing 3-6 feet on initial landing. Had to play accordingly. The layout is that of a typical club course, not too long, but not too short either. A good challenge, and when priced right a good value. Some of the holes have water in play on the tee shot, which demands strategic club selection off the tee.

D&T

We play this course a lot. The greens and fairway are in GREAT shape and the course is beautiful. The fairways are bumpy when in your cart but if that's the biggest complaint of a golf course, I think one is being pretty picky right? Highly recommend!!!

Beautiful course

I play here several times a year. Always in great condition. Very challenging and not overly long.
Love everything about it. I recommend anyone in the area to stop and play and enjoy the views!!!!

Wonderful golf outing

I love playing Bearlake in the summer. The course is very plush and green. The layout is challenging yet fun and scorable. I always go out mid afternoon on a weekday and the pace of play is great. I can finish in a little more than 3 hours. I always love coming back every summer and the Golfnow deals are good, especially the daily Hot Deals.

Amazing course up north

This course is very well maintained and it worth every penny. I only paid $25 but this course is worth $35 a round easily. Everything was well kept, the greens rolled true and tee boxes were clean. I will probably play here every time I come up north from now on if the price is still low because every other course near by is a resort course which is at least double in price for the same experience. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Course in great shape

The greens were in great condition and played fair, get off the fairway and grass was cut too long ( maybe we just played prior to cutting ) beside that the course was in great shape. You'll have to drive the other end of Bear Lake at 44 Paralell for a drink and food ( non at the course )

The course was in great shape and I now found a gem in the area. Looking forward to play it time and time again.

Fun and Cheap

Bear Lake county highlands offered a cheap yet fulfilling round of golf. The course itself was in rather good condition for this early in the year. I would recommend this course for players of all levels. The course offers a little bit of everything. There is water on a few holes, and plenty of elevation change. There is also sand traps on most of the holes near the greens and long grass from time to time. Overall the experience was good and I will be going back.

Wow

Great layout. Amazing conditions. Great Value. Highly recommend

Highly recommended

Was visiting the alrea from Kalamazoo an decided to stop in a play a round. Course an greens were in great condition an staff was very friendly. I played from the blues which gave more of a challenge on a couple of their long par 4s and 5s. Besides the 4 some in front of me that wouldn't let me play through, I had a great solo round an it only took under 4 hours to play 18. Highly recommended.

Great greens. Friendly staff.

Nice greens and a good layout. Staff was very friendly. It was a good relaxing round.

Break from the Lake

Most of the time I am in the Bear Lake area it is to relax by the lake, but it is always nice to get a casual round of golf in. This course is perfect for a couple of buddies to play a stress free round of golf. It is one thing to plan on hitting get many wonderful resort courses of northern Michigan, but if you're looking for a more relaxed feel give this course a shot.

Great course for any handicap

Bear Lake Highlands golf course is a very nice golf course. It is a course that any level of golfer can play and enjoy their round.It is challenging enough for the low handicap golfer but not intimidating for the once a week golfer. We golf their every time we get a chance. It is the best value for the money. It takes us about 3 hours and 30 minutes to golf a round. It is always in great shape when we have ever golfed their.

Experience

My groups overall experience was excellent very well groomed course. I definately would play again.

Great value

I had not played this course before. The course is in great shape. Greens are well kept but not too fast. Tee boxes are fairly flat and also well kept. My son and I really enjoyed the round.

We love this course. It's always in great condition.

Bang for you buck

Great course for the money. Fairways, roughs and greens all in great condition. Greens play a little slower. Fair amount of hazards from the tee box. Bathrooms on the course/in the clubhouse are all clean and in great shape. Newer carts that run great. Range on site, bring singles, $3/30 $5/60. Didn't stay in the pro shop very long but it looked like they have everything you need. BYOB. Fortunately my buddy and I brought a cooler full of beer. Didn't look like they sold beer/liquor, didn't bother to ask. Friendly staff. Course was open and didn't see anyone on the course behind or in front of us until the 17th hole. Saw the occasional group to the left and right of us. Overall great course, definitely will play it again when I come back up!

Very well manicured

Very good course for the money, especially thru Last Minute Golfer. Course will offer opportunity to all golfers to score well and enjoy the day!

Good Greens and lush Fairways

A nicely contoured course with lush green fairways, forgiving ruff with enough trees and water on 40% of the holes to keep things challenging. The greens were large and well maintained with shallow greenside bunkers. Due to recent rain they were on the slow side, but true once you got the pace.

Hidden Jewel

My first time here. Only had time to play front 9. Very nice, a challenge and yet fair.
Beautiful and immaculate. Golf Now made it a snap.
See u again.