Stow South at Stow Acres Country Club

Stow Acres Country Club - South Course
Scorecard for South
Blue M: 71.7/128 385 440 159 327 494 520 228 369 391 3313 565 166 382 312 456 179 438 186 523 3207 6520
White M: 69.5/124 375 416 135 301 476 487 212 346 368 3116 543 142 366 292 441 151 407 167 507 3016 6132
Gold W: 71.6/123 342 313 101 277 446 473 148 305 344 2749 503 119 310 272 425 123 305 133 473 2663 5412
Silver W: 70.0/120 230 313 101 200 320 350 85 240 250 2089 345 119 310 175 220 123 305 133 300 2030 4119

Year Built 1921
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1964)

Response from Stow Acres Country Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Stow Acres Country Club, in the Middlesex County area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Gave pace of play a 3 only due to a very slow 4some on front nine. Flew through the back once they were done. Very fair women s tees.Some washed out areas due to heavy rains but in great shape. One temporary green.Maintenance ongoing and staff respectful to p!Ayers on course.. Only issue is cart paths need work. An overall great day.

nice fairway grass,greens were being worked on,they needed it

I would golf here anytime. Just the greens were spotty and patchy

Disappointing

The course has suffered from hot and rainy months..new ownership still working hard to make it a better course to play..keep at it!

Response from Stow Acres Country Club on 10/09/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Stow Acres Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Technical course

Enjoyable moderately difficult tract, but conditions on the South are below par now. Greens in particular have bald spots and a temporary on 5. Lots of rollovers, especially off the fairways unless you can play off dirt. Still a great Golfnow value. Will be back.

stow acres south course

The course was in average condition.. most of the greens were in good shape. There was one temp green, as the real green was in bad shape. the course plays tough, it was kinda crowded on a monday morning

Greens

Played the North course. Course in generally good condition. A number of the greens were in very poor condition. Looks like summer heat took its toll on the greens.

Not worth what they charge! Horrible conditions

Played this Sunday and the course is in some dire shape. The holes near the clubhouse looked ok, but once you got away from the clubhouse 2-8, etc the Fairways were in bad shape and the greens were horrendous. Would be good to play if you can play it for less than 40 including a cart but not anything more than that. Better off going into NH than driving 40 minutes to get here.

Response from Stow Acres Country Club on 09/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Stow Acres Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Middlesex County area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Fairway was not good like 3 years ago

We could not finish 18 holes due to storm, what is green fee and rain check policy ? Please be advised

punched greens north

staff was awesome. greens were punched on the north course. course was in tough shape. may have been from recent rain. called the pro shop after 4 holes and they let us play the south course. things worked out well.

Response from Stow Acres Country Club on 09/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stow Acres Country Club, in the Middlesex County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice place

Booked the south course on Golfnow but there was a tourney going on so the guy let us go out the north, hooked up with a single on the first tee to make a threesome. Course is above average condition, new sugar in all the traps, fairways and “grabby” rough are good, greens have some bare spots due to recent heatwave.

Stow north

Always a spectacular stadium ! But there were rocks in the Bunker on 14 and beyond! Still loved it!

Staff Friendliness

Booked a tee time on Golf Now and thought my Visa was charged on line.......IT WAS NOT and was to be charged at the course. My son and his friend payed the fee charged by Golf Now at the course and my friend and I payed the Senior rate. At the end of the round I thought I was double charged for the rounds through Golf Now and paying at the course. Went into the clubhouse and was somewhat upset! The staff person remained calm and professional and showed me that my credit card was not charged because it was not a hot deal and therefore payment was due at the course! Even though I was WRONG the staff person apologized for the inconvenience and offered two free rounds of golf for nine holes!! Again, I have found staff members that work at Stow Acres treat guest professionally and are always accommodating and friendly!!

Good course; sometimes slow pace

I played the North course and it was in fairly good shape. The rough was actually little daunting specially just off the fairway and around the greens. I guess it was little sticky because we had some healthy dose of showers night before. The course definitely has some tight holes where you'll have to hit the ball in exact location with long irons or hybrids off the tee. It is a fair layout and rewards good ball striking. Some of the par 5s are quite short and scoreable if you hit some decent shots. It's a good value course; only pet peeve is pace of play can be little challenging at times.

Stow Acres South

Got there a little early......got straight out.......foursome in front of us(2) let us play thru......game progressed quickly.

Greens were especially nice.Will definitely play again.

Minor issue tried to use on GolfNow my promo code....would recognize it.....and yes Imentered it properly.

Amazing layout, tight course.

We played the south course and it was tough. Very tight, but rewarding if you hit well. I hear the north course is even harder. One possible opportunity...the greens are in good shape but the tee boxes and fairways could use a little TLC. Play this a course to see what narrow means. Nice and private play in every hole.

Too much money for too little

This place just hasn't been the same since the prior owner started to let it go and the superintendent was replaced. Bright white bunkers (far too thick anyway) and good greens do not make up for all of the other issues on the course beginning with the $79 price. This course (both sides) get plenty of play to keep their conditions strong despite dry weather just as other nice courses in the area do. The tee boxes were rock solid, the fairways are inconsistent and the rough was burnt out grass which just vanished as your swung through it. I get variations to make a course harder (rough thickness etc) but that's simply not the case.

Hudson, Massachusetts