Stow Acres Country Club - North Course

Year Built 1965
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1965) Bill Robinson (1965)

Banquet Facilities

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Not worth the money

The course is dry in terrible condition,ladies boxes have no grass, uneven and just a mow section of grass. There are NO markers on the course do you don’t know where to hit to or what yardage you are at. For the price I expected a course with done vita, flowers something to lay your eyes on. Instead it’s flat and you just hit and go. I used same clubs every hole all day. Not worth $79. Cart only had water. Gatorade or Pepsi. How odd

Go Elsewhere

Echoing what others have said, North Course is in absolute disrepair. Tee boxes are completely torn up and greens are some of the worst I have seen in New England. Course was filled with people who were there to drink and not to play. We got through 12 holes as a twosome in 3 HOURS. After the 12th we realized we were stacked up behind 3 groups, including a foursome of walkers. Took off after 12 holes. They clearly overbook this place and management doesn't care about the experience. Not worth the price and I personally will never be returning.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the current conditions of the course and ask that you please bear with us as we work diligently to make the necessary improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club.

Save your money

Course was in very very poor condition. Greens very poor, seems like theywere not cared for. Staff was inconsiderate I felt not welcomed ?? Because I was from north shore take it or leave it attitude. They must have too many dopes willing to pay the price for lousy course
Played the north course. Which is supposedly better,?? Nothing the way I remember a few years back?? This was one of the Premier courses around. They charged $79.00 which is not a big deal however I feel like 40.00 I would have over paid. Plenty of other courses in the area

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions are very important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

POOR

5 hours to play 18 holes with a cart. Tee boxes are beat up, fairways decent, greens are long and slow. No one replaces divots or repair ball Mark's on the greens.

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and use your comments as guidance for improvement. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun course but needs work

Played the north course today for the first time. Staff in the pro shop and clubhouse were friendly and welcoming. The course layout is beautiful. However the course needs some help. The greens were ok, but the tee boxes were in the worst condition I have ever played. Not sure if they need to move the tee markers more or what, but they need to do somthing about the tee boxes. Overall I would play it again, but only for a deal, and not the full price we played.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please know that the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will make sure to use your comments as guidance for improvements. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club.

Needs work

Overall the course needs some care. Majority of holes just seemed neglected. No drink cart on the back 9. I would expect more for the greens fee

Commented on 06/23/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good course but a bit repetitive

An interesting course that's drying out a bit as we head into the summer. Moderately challenging with above average greens and challenging tee shots (only a couple of holes where you definitely want to pull out the driver).

Best part are the par 3's which are quite interesting, particularly the 16th, which might be the best hole on the course. It's a mid-length par 3 with a very deep bunker guarding the left 2/3 of the green. If the pin is on the left hand side and you take the safe route to the right, however, you have to navigate a ridge that bisects the green vertically down the middle.

The big downside is that a majority of the par 4's look the same: moving right to left with a hazard on the inside of the dogleg. 6/10 par 4's fit this description and there's a 7th that's only lacking the hazard. I joked to my playing partners that the course designer must have hit a draw. Still, a good course I'll keep coming back to for its challenge, good price, and good conditions.

Stick to the North

The south is a dog of a track. Open and flat and boring on the front. Unnecessarily hilly and weird on the back. The golf carts there stink, get some maintenance for the brakes. Overall terrible experience for the course itself. Staff always nice there. Cart girl was seen once which isn’t great on a hot day.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review Stow Acres Country Club after your recent round. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your round. Please know that we are actively working to improve our golfers overall experience with us and will use your comments in doing so. We hope you'll join us again soon!

Higher highs and lower lows compared to the north course

My first time playing Stow South I thought it was going to be clearly the little sibling to the north course--until I hit the back nine. The front is relatively straightforward, with hole 1 the least interesting hole on the entire property (north or south). The front nine consists of mostly straight holes with some minor elevation changes and the ever-looming threat of the woods making it at least not-uninteresting..

The back nine is an entirely different beast, with 10's par 5 forcing a tough second shot uphill and around a bend to the left with a right-slanting fairway. To not roll off to the side giving you a tricky uphill pitch you've got to flirt with the trees on the left. 11 and 12 are nothing special. 13 is a more interesting version of #4 (short par 4 to an uphill green).

14 is a fun par 5 shaped like a boomerang, and 17 might be the best (and toughest) hole of either course. A long par 4 with a blind second shot up a hill to a narrow green with woods on the left. The shape of the hole encourages a drive up the right side of the fairway, but that angle gives you the hardest approach shot. The par I got there last time I played felt like a greater victory than any of the birdies I've gotten this year.

Conditions are drying out rapidly as summer approaches, and the bunkers are in worse shape compared to the north course. Surprisingly I found the greens more consistent and faster here than the north, though there were FAR too many unrepaired ball marks. Fix your marks, people!

Decent shape, very friendly staff, but....

A couple of the forward tees were temporary and not the greatest. My foursome in particular needed a ranger: We never saw the group in front of us, and the group behind us was (I suspect) waiting on us on every....single....hole. The three guys I was playing with were mid-high handicappers playing from the BACK tees., and consumed close to a case of beer judging by the number of empties left in their carts at the end of the round.

Course Conditions Were Rough

Great course layout and friendly staff. The Greens were in great shape; but fairways were dead in spots and the rough off the fairway was uncut and deep. At one hole, around the green it seemed like landscape construction, as dirt and rocks were right off the fairway approach to the green. I was a little disappointed.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the current condition of the fairways are extremely important to us. Please know that the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club.

Cow pasture

I used to really enjoy this course a few years ago. Today I played the south course and I thought it was one of the least maintained courses I’ve seen in years. The one Impressive part of the course I was very happy with were the greens. They were spongy when you hit the approach shot but rolled true. All I all I was not a fan of the south course as most of the shots I had in the fairway or even the rough were hit off of dirt.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is very important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Hudson, Massachusetts