A view of a hole with undulating cart paths in background at Wild Laurel Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Architect Ed Ault (1990)

Teaching Pro No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Wild Laurel Golf Course

After fog lifted beautiful day for golf. Temperature in low fifties. Course was wet but all golf courses are wet in January. Staff was doing a lot of work on course today including putting new sand in the bunkers. Greens were rolling well. A great January day for golf.

Commented on 01/31/2020

u004685321, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Wild Laurel Golf Course.

Wild Laurel Golf Course

Nice Day for golf in January. Course is making a lot of improvements. New hole signs, landscaping, etc. Greens are improving and rolling well. Just a great winter day in the mountains playing golf. Nineteenth hole was great also looking at the mountains while enjoying a sandwich and refreshments! Thank you Wild Laurel for providing your guests with a great experience! .

Commented on 01/28/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u004685321! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/13/2020

Hi, Ralph36. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Wild Laurel Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Wild Laurel

Beautiful winter day in the mountains. Perfect day for golf with temperature in the fifties with no wind. Fairways were a little wet but very playable. Greens were rolling good. A very enjoyable day to play golf in January. After the round had a delicious sandwich with a brew overlooking the Smoky Mountains. Thank you Wild Laurel for your hospitality!

Commented on 01/13/2020

Course was in pretty poor shape although it had just rained the day prior. No practice range which was a bit disappointing. Staff was friendly and the course was wide open so I was able to get through a round in about 2.5 hours. Wouldn’t recommend unless you get a heavily discounted rate

Commented on 01/28/2020

Hello Laxmastaxyz. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Wild Laurel

What a beautiful day in the Mountains for golf. 65 degrees. Gorgeous day after Christmas. Greens are getting better every time we play. Lots of improvements. What more could you ask for. Thank You Wild Laurel for all the improvements!!.

Nice winter play

Had to wait due to frosty early morning greens. Overall course was in good condition for this time of year. Added benefit: the usual pesky bugs were not out today!!

Great Greens

Course in best shape in 10 years. Greens are rolling great and fairways are good. The only thing that could be improved are the bunkers. Great value, great staff and a great 19th..

Commented on 12/03/2019

tngrovol, thank you for your kind words! Our staff and management have been working extremely hard to get this course to it full potential. We have many projects in the pipeline so you can expect even better moving forward! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Wild Laurel Golf Course.

Course that Cares

I read great reviews about this course, so I decided to drive up to Townsend and check it out. It was a beautiful course tucked away in the mountains. The clubhouse and amenities were really nice. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and directed me to the tee boxes. It’s a mountain course so there are many elevation changes within the course, but the fairways were decently wide. What stood out to me were the little things that I could see the staff wanting to get right. There’s a fairly new and clean ball wash station at every hole with a nice sign and stone slab. Even the trash cans and bathrooms around the course were fresh and clean. You could tell the staff cares and is working to keep this a top notch course. There were a lot of leaves on the course which was frustrating, but a friendly grounds crew member said they were getting a heavy duty blower to take care of those next week. I can’t wait to come back in the spring and play again.

Commented on 12/03/2019

abtatum42, thank you for your kind words! We are so happy to hear that our staff is providing excellent service and paying attention to details around the course. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Wild Laurel Golf Course.

Wild Laurel

Beautiful Fall day in the mountains! Greens have improved a lot since the last time we played. The only complaint I have is that evidently a local group of guys that play there regularly that are slower than snails do not seem to know or don't care about letting faster players play through. Folks behind us stated they had played the day before and this group of Yahoos had golfers backed up all day. Overall though a very enjoyable day at a very scenic course!

Commented on 12/03/2019

Hi u004685321. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wild Laurel Golf Course.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hi johnknight. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (865) 738-3134 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Wild Laurel Golf Course!

Gem in the Hills

Great course, designed well, and staff is very nice. Just wish I lived closer. Would play more often.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000001220491! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wild laurel review

Great course in the beautiful smoky mountains. We always see wildlife and have a great game. Give this one a try and you will love it.

Wild Laurel

Have played several times this summer and fall. Every time have noticed improvements and upgrades. Well worth your time to enjoy this gem in the mountains!

Commented on 11/11/2019

Thank you for your review, u004685321. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Wild Laurel Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good deal

The course was in decent shape. Fairways a little rough. Greens wer decent but a few had some rough spots. Overall it was good for the price. Part of the attraction here is the view. It's absolutely gorgeous. I will definitely play here again.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Thank you for your review, u4126847. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Wild Laurel Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mountain Course

It was a beautiful day on the course. Pace was great and course was in good condition. Little tight.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Thank you for your review, jrm15933. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Wild Laurel Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A Mountain Gem

Course is Great. Some holes are leaf covered, just a few. Greens are good. It’s almost November and playing golf still.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Thank you for your review, Ralph36. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Wild Laurel Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hidden Gem

Laurel Valley(Wild Laurel) is a good workout that mostly only locals attend. Goodly amounts of funding is bringing the course into a great condition. Summertime is a challenge due to some environmental issues(black flies) but I believe the course management is working on that and it is not enough to completely inhibit play. Golf now handed me a really good rate so everything was completely enjoyable.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We are investing in our golf course to give our golfers excellent conditions and experiences. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Real Potiential

My wife and I played in really pleasant weather-important to us. It is a bit out there in its location, but it was a pleasant scenic albeit slow winding drive. The Pro shop attendant was very nice, quickly checked us in. They were busy with a couple large groups that tee'd off earlier, so they were a bit short of golf carts But within 15 mins., we were teeing off. The course fairways had a mixture of weeds and grass-mostly weeds. They were mowed which made this less obvious until you addressed your ball. Not a really big deal but that will depend on your expectations and where you are used to playing. There is a lot of good variety to the course, (doglegs, elevation changes, altitude, undulations, blind shots etc.) Those are facts, what is an opinion is the greens were VERY slow (greens had not been mowed/rolled recently and were soft when we played-your milage may vary. Rakes were not included on our cart and I believe I saw 2 rakes but many more bunkers. It is an observation worth mentioning because I feel it is an injustice to anyone that would want to do the right thing and rake the bunker but not have the means to do so. For first timers like us, not having a scorecard that was "readable" or a tee box placard or cart display as to layout was a bit odd because of so many blind shots, hills, and unseen obstacles etc.. For me to hit a beautiful solid tee shot down the middle of the fairway and see it go over a ridge and find out my ball rolled into a creek that I had no idea existed was a bit frustrating. Going from green to the next tee was pretty much a guessing game because of minimal direction or signage. I am not nitpicking, these are items that will simply speed up the game. Small changes by the golf course will bring big benefits to golfers immediately and the course soon after-IMHO. Having said all that, I paid very little money $14 ea. to play, so these are observations more than complaints because I think this course with a few changes could be really special.

Commented on 11/05/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We have made improvements on the greens in the last couple weeks. We purchased a roller that should help speed up the greens and make for a more enjoyable round! Thanks for visiting Wild Laurel Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Maryville, Tennessee
Sevierville, Tennessee
Knoxville, Tennessee
Knoxville, Tennessee

Valid dates: May 01, 2020 - Oct 01, 2020
This great package includes lodging and a round of golf on either Schuss Mountain GC or Summit GC.