Style Links
Cedar Chase Golf Club

Year Built 1993
Architect Bruce Matthews III (1993)

Unbelievably Poor Customer Service

On a rare weekday off, I played on a gorgeous day, enjoyed the player's Commons of whom I met that morning and had a wonderful day golfing, however on the 12th hole I experienced the absolutely worse treatment of a guest I have ever experienced in a golf course!

The course was aeriating it's greens and after a drive the maintenance guy did not put the pin in for my partner and I to approach. I drove up and asked if he could put the flag in at which time he refused saying, "If I put it in I'll just have to take it out 30 seconds later." At which time I removed the rag in the cup and put my highbrid in the home so that we could hit our second shots.

After we left to head to the next tee the employee asked, Sir, are you forgetting something?" I said, "No," and admittedly was rude to this gentleman who did not seem anxious to help us out at which time he claimed to be the owner and ask me to leave the course.

My partner interceded and after I apologized for my comment played the remaining six holes. I mentioned this to the gentleman at the pro shop, however he did nothing mentioning that this maintenance worker was actually the owner's son.

Love the course, but this isn't the first time that I've experienced such treatment of the course's guests.

It was shocking that anyone would behave so poorly claiming to be there owner of the course, refusing to do something as simple as put the pin in for a few minutes then lying and trying to pick me off the course!?

Just be aware that this course seems to pride itself on the course conditions, but not how it treats it's guest.

Love the course. It is always in great shape. Conner the superintendent does a great job. Love the layout. My only knock is. The staff could be more out going. A couple people that work there just arent people friendly. But that is my only complaint and that isnt really a complaint.

What a great place to play a round of golf. The course was in excellent condition, fairways and greens were awesome. The staff in the clubhouse and on the course were very freindly and respectful. One of the nicest courses to play in or around the Grand Rapids area. Only being 25 minutes north of Grand Rapids it is definitely
worth the trip to play a great course like this, and it is very reasonably priced also.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Most of my friends are cops and they told me to get your phone out and video it, and verbally say that he does not have permission, and after call the police (non emergency line) and then they can go at him for unlawful search and seizure. Who cares if his relative is a lawyer. I posted a review on them before and they deleted it. The manager told me he had no relation to the owner and all this other stuff but I posted proof of it all and threatened litigation and they deleted it like nothing happened

Commented on 09/03/2019

Same here...it's weird watching someone go through your golf bag for no reason at 10am on a Monday, take stuff, not give it back.

How do you even stop that? The only way would be to physically move him out of the way but he made it clear his dad is a lawyer and I'd get a lawsuit so quick my head would spin.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hi HbPvxazqoIWw3bKuBicf. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Cedar Chase Golf Club.

Was unable to play,they had a
Golf outing we were unaware of

tight and challenging

This course is really a bargain for the money, 30 minutes north of Grand Rapids in traffic, Senior rate is 27 during the week, make no mistake though, you must be accurate!. The trees move right over in the way on a regular basis! (ha) the greens are hard and fast and smooth, the fairways are really mowed in beautifully with multiple cuttings like much more expensive courses. I'll play it again for sure

Love this course

Honestly, this course iis the most challenging public courses you will play in the greater GR area. Not for wimps. But, it's also beautiful. We had a great deal today for 3, but senior rates are $25. Anyway, this course is a must.play if you're in the area.

Music To LOUD

All was fine except for the group that was playing excessively loud annoying music the next fairway over. We let them know in the clubhouse at the turn and the response was it’s not our problem. I will recommend this course to my friends that like loud music being played during their round of golf.

Hidden Gem!

I was really impressed with this course. I am always looking for new and exciting courses to play and this course was very nice. The layout was nice and the condition of the course was great. One of the top 5 courses I have played this year. Will definitely play it again.

Nice Course close to Grand Rapids

Cedar chase is a great course close to Grand Rapids. The conditions are always good. The tee boxes were a little beat up but fairways and greens were great.

Challenging

I love this course, very challenging from blue tees and the tips. Its a fair test of golf, the greens are fast and true but would be better if people fixed their ball marks. I have always thought Cedar Chase is the toughest course in the greater Grand Rapids area. I recommend this place to anyone.

Best bang for your buck

Great staff, great apparel prices and a scenic course. Long and challenging but not frustratingly so.

Well worth the drive from Grand Rapids!

Well worth the 30 minute drive from Grand Rapids! There are so many good things to say about cedar chase and the people who work here. The course is beautiful and definitely one of the more reasonably priced courses near Grand Rapids. Always in excellent condition and provides a much more spacious and expansive golfing experience than the crammed and crowded courses closer to GR. On top of it all, the people who work here are fantastic. I recently played and an employee warned me about the mosquitoes before heading to the first tee and even gave me a can of bug spray free of charge as I did not bring any with me. This is the type of customer service you can expect from this course. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Great course, awesome staff

Cedar Chase is one of my favorite courses in the Kent county area. The staff is always incredibly friendly, the price is very reasonable and the course is an incredibly fun & challenging test. I would definitely recommend Cedar Chase to golfers of any skill level.

Rockford, Michigan
Belmont, Michigan
Belmont, Michigan
Kent City, Michigan

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.