Fern Hill Golf Club
Ladies' 73 4400 yards 65.2 103
Scorecard for Fern Hill Country Club
Blue M: 67.2/113 320 372 137 329 396 547 126 327 363 2917 325 521 344 284 183 360 115 357 404 2893 5810
White M: 67.0/112 W: 71.2/121 305 362 127 310 383 537 121 319 358 2822 310 503 329 279 160 342 110 350 399 2782 5604
Red W: 67.1/107 255 322 110 219 273 360 115 296 262 2212 298 381 277 236 100 194 105 260 337 2188 4400

Year Built 1972

Carts Yes - included
Clubs No
Pull-carts No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Needs Direction and Attention

beautiful day for 9holes. unfortunately, the course is in need of repair. wasnt sure the bridges could hold the cart. what paths there were, were in terrible condition. directional signs were missing, very hard to find the next hole (espcially for a first visit). however, the worst part was there was no starter. a 3-some in front was playing outside the rules (one shot, then moves to ball, leaving the remaning two to T off) absolutely ridiculous. flagged an employee who said he would address, but nothing changed. they backed up the entire day. Money and time more important, sorry, wont be back.

Course was in good shape.The tee boxes needed some work ground was very hard

Challenging course.

Makes you hit lots of different shots. If you're a long ball hitter there will be lots of trouble for you. I teed off on the par 4's with an iron on many holes.

Very enjoyable fairly easy course

I played early in the morning. Very enjoyable, serene, quiet surroundings. Fairly easy course to play. I recommend it.

Terrible Course Management

Terrible course management by the staff at the course. Played 18 holes and the course let players who were playing 9 jump in front of us when we made the turn for 9. 3 groups playing 9 holes started the back 9 and were placed in front of us even though we were on pace. When we called to office to ask why they would do this they didn’t seem to care.

Not Bad

Tight fairways, we played a Tuesday afternoon and it got jammed up pretty good. On a weekend this course is probably crazy with how tight the fairways are. Pace of play was hit and miss. Condition of the course par, tee boxes could use attention. Greens were tough. Overall not a horrible course if you get a good deal. No beer cart either on a Tuesday in June, so it's get something at the turn or your SOL.

Pace of play

The course needs a range out because the pace of play is pretty slow you have golfers out there that takes advantage of a ranger not being out there. The last time I play there was a foursomes in front of us and they were playing at a very slow pace we were waiting every hole to the point of us almost leaving and that happens every time we play there I would play there more often if the pace was better

Descent course

Course was descent. Price was $5 less if you played 9 holes versus 18. Back 9 was flooded and not available.

High price for 9 holes weekdays. Senior rate.

Booked Tee time for 18 holes. We we arrived we were told the back 9 was flooded but if we wanted we could shoot the front 9 twice. We decided to just golf 9 and the biggest thing was it was $5 less than shooting 18 holes. Course was fine and would go back again under Duffy circumstances.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

The club house is very nice and clean.. the course was a little confusing with most tee boxes “under construction “ so you tee’d off in a random spot. The back started off very wet but prolly do to the river flooding . I would play again .

Great Local Course. Great Value.

Fern Hill was in exceptional shape this spring. Great job to the keepers for the care taken during the offseason and early season, to get the track back in good shape. Though, the tee boxes could use some work, and were in need of moving. I've played this course many times over the years, and it has always been a great course, especially for the price. Pace of play was ok, but I'm a hacker, along with most I play with, so a good twosome may feel slowed down. Great course for beginners, but still has some challenges for longer hitters off the tee. Longer players will have to use course management.

Slow Pace

Only problem is pace of play. Left after 12 holes because it was so backed up.

Good course for $20

It's a nice course for a cheap price. I play regularly only when I can get a $20 deal though

Worst Layout I have ever encountered.

I typically play tee times from golf now 3 to 4 times a week and I play a different course nearly every time. On this particular instance I used a promo code in conjunction with the hot deals to pay only six dollars to play this course. Somehow, this still wasn’t cheap enough to make this course worth the money. The conditions were perfectly acceptable, the pace of play was better than average, but the course layout is the single worst design I have ever seen. I’ve played hundreds of courses, ranging in price and prestige from TPC’s, to the Old Course, to municipal nine hole par 3’s. I hope that this was the first and last design of whoever built this course. There isn’t nearly enough space to hold 18 holes yet they somehow managed to cram them in side by side. There are multiple fairways no wider than 15 yards, with about 25 yards between the right and left tree lines. There’s a 400 yard par four with an oak tree right in the middle of the fairway at about 250 yards that’s so large that it takes up a literally the entire fairway. I was disappointed to see many beginner golfers out here due to the sheer narrowness of the course. I can’t imagine they have much fun hitting nearly every ball into the woods. This course is so overgrown I question if the maintenance crew owns a chainsaw. I would recommend this course to no one unless they are physically incapable of hitting a shot more than 3 yards off-line. A good golf course is one which presents the player with options. There are safe plays and aggressive plays and one can be rewarded for well executed aggressive shots. There are no options at Fern Hill. Often times it’s so narrow that it’s hard to tell where you’re supposed to be playing too because the fairway looks like just another gap in the trees. Please do not spend money to play here.

Good course fairways were maintained well very thick rough greens were quite dirty however also had a pair in front of us threaten to snap our clubs for hitting 40 yards from them so that was unpleasant. Cart girl was great don’t remember her name

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Hey there - Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan