Style Links

The Jewel of Grand Blanc - Diamond

Year Built 1996

Golf Simulator Yes

Great day

Had a 930 tee time. Got on 20 minutes early.had nobody in front of me. 3.5 hr round. Course was in good shape. Greens well taken care of.. At a greens fee of 14 bucks it was a great deal.

Plays Twice a year

Jewel

The jewel has been blessed by the rain fall this year, even so the fairways were hard and there was brown on some greens. Many sand traps have been left to grow grass. Some tee boxes hard as well. Had fun with my sons. Glad to play and found an early tee time here.

This course was overbooked.

I booked a Roy d for myself two days prior at 9:55am. I arrived at the pro shop to check in at 9:30. I was advised that I would be starting on the back nine due to a league. After playing the back nine I returned to hole number one and saw 10-15 foursomes stacked up at the forward tees on hole number one. The we’re waiting on a foursome In their league on the first fairway. I looked ahead to the par five number two hole and saw another foursome teeing off on the forward tees also. I returned to my car and unpacked my cart and left. I have no idea why GolfNow posted he tee times I selected because it placed me in the middle of league play. I guess I should be thankful to play nine holes even though i paid for 18. Thanks a lot!

Course was in terrible condition. Fairways were more like a short ruff. Greens were long and slow.

Early spring

South course was closed due to spring rains. North course was in decent shape. Fortunately I booked an early tee time. As I completed my third hole I saw eight groups lined up on the first tee box. With that said as I made the turn there were two foursomes who decided to tee off on number nine. They didn’t wave me through. Their was no Marshall to keep the pace of play going. I regularly played this course last year and the congestion is due to the south course closure. Other than that I had a good round.

Had the bucket of water at holes 1/10. Very much appreciated

Flooded

Course is fun but there was no warning to us that the other half of the course was shut down, they forced all those people off on our side of the course, took 3 hours for 9 holes. Was cart path only but even the paths were flooded, almost stalled out on 18. Loved this course 2 years ago but appears they are heading downhill. Should have just closed the course instead of trying for a Memorial Day money grab

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hi there - We appreciate the review. You rated us 3 stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Jewel of Grand Blanc - Diamond Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Jewel of Grand Blanc - Diamond Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Value Day

Played hundreds of rounds here, price was right for getting in a quick round. Course not in to bad a shape, shaggy greens, but overall good day. Staff is friendly.

This course was in great shape considering the drought we have experienced.

I played 18 at 12:15pm. The morning golfers had played through and I had clear sailing. I played 18 in three hours. The greens were in great shape considering the lack of rain we've had in this area. I play this course 1 to 2 times a week. I never have any problems and the staff is quite helpful. Especially Wayne in the clubhouse. The greens and surrounding areas are in great shape and have been watered regularly.

Good Value Course

Played here numerous times, I would not play the Onyx due to the condition of the course. Staff is friendly, course is not difficult. This can be a great bargain at times on Golf Now. We'll play it again, but like I said, not the Onyx.

I always play the Onyx but I am so happy I ventured under the road to the other side! Play was a bit slow, but for a Sunday it’s to be expected. The tees could use some tender loving care but the fairways and rough were in good shape. Greens were consistent as well. The rangers and staff at the course are super nice as well.

What’s happening

So, I’ve been playing this coarse for 11 years. When I first started playing the coarse started to improve and was fairly priced. Over the last 5 years the corse has gotten worse and worse. The south side, or the onyx as they call it now is bumpy and has horrendous irrigation. The North, or the diamond has dried up, uneven tee boxes, poorly cut greens and there is little to no deviation from fairway to “rough”. The holes are poorly cut and the last few times I’ve played there’s been no rangers to stop the feet draggers and slow players. All that being said, the staff are absolutely top notch, the pub has wonderful bartenders, good food and a great environment, the pro shop staff is great, I miss the days of being able to buy golf stuff there though. The potential of this coarse is/was awesome, the staff is great, but what happened to the coarse?? I only play this coarse if I get a hot deal, and I used to play it regularly for 30 bucks. I hope it gets better for us golfers, and for the staff’s sake, otherwise it’s going to end up being a southmoor 2.0 or another Lochlomand.

Good time at the Jewel

This is my preferred home course, it’s only 5 minutes from my residence. I arrive early and was able to tee off ten minutes early. The fairways were freshly mowed and the greens were softer than others. I had four birdie chances during my round. There was a foursome in front of me but their pace of play was steady. I finished in under four hours before the forecasted rains came.

Course challenges your shot making and putting abilities.

This course reminds me of a links course. I enjoy being able to hit long and experience the difficulties of the greens.

Burton, Michigan