Thousand Oaks Golf Club

Scorecard for Thousand Oaks
Black M: 74.6/144 408 417 211 443 531 465 161 380 530 3546 640 431 505 391 368 182 408 206 451 3582 7128
Blue M: 72.3/139 W: 74.8/128 398 389 179 428 507 449 142 356 517 3365 553 385 485 372 353 152 388 192 432 3312 6677
White M: 70.0/136 364 367 163 407 483 427 124 307 493 3135 505 344 461 337 327 132 337 168 391 3002 6137
Gold M: 68.1/119 W: 72.1/125 349 287 138 394 456 385 125 289 415 2838 499 331 441 324 335 129 322 146 377 2904 5742
Red M: 66.2/115 W: 69.4/123 307 288 134 353 454 340 112 271 419 2678 475 308 423 304 251 106 295 147 341 2650 5328

Year Built 1999
Architect Rees Jones (1999) Keith Evans (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Thousand Oaks Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

The beat in GR

I've been fortunate enough to play Thousand Oaks for years and having played all around the state, I can honestly say this is one of the best courses in Michigan. From the great course design, great conditions, and a super friendly staff, you will find no better golf experience around. It's a golf course that will make you use all 14 clubs and at times ,are you think you're in. Or there Michigan. It's well worth the visit!

Great course.

Only way I could afford to play it was with Golfnow.

loved this course and will come back and play it again

one of the best golf courses i have played this year.Considering how late in the season it is the crews have maintained this course in excellent condition and hardly any leaves on the fairway at all.

A must experience for every good golfer

This course dazzels you with Gods creation each and every hole. The elevation changes are breathtaking and its easy to get off your game just gazing at the beauty of the course. I'm going back as soon as possible just to authenticate the scenery still etched in my mind.

Very challenging with multiple tees available

Normally a pricy club but with "golfnow" it's very affordable. A picturesque and panoramic course beautifully weaved between wetland and forest. A clubhouse and facilities that serve any patron's needs. The practice range is a little weird, very down hill. Which one will have many down hill AND very up hill shots. Premium on tee shots throughout. Large undulating greens. There's a few birdy holes but mostly just keep it in play and be ready/comfortable with bogies. Enjoy!

Worth the price from GolfNow.com

NOrmal rate is $67 for 18. We paid $40 plus the $8 fee for using GolfNow.com. From the time we drove up until we left we were treated with courtesy and a smile from everyone (including the young people who worked there). Tee times were ready to go when they said they would be. Carts are equipped with built-in GPS screens and other than the constant advertising were beneficial in giving yardage and possible trouble spots. The greens had been plugged 3 weeks prior so there was some putts which we felt were deflected because of them. Still, the greens were fast and very receptive to holding our shots. The course has almost NO flat spots other than the teeing areas! Elevation changes are rampant and just added to the overall enjoyment of playing the course. Fairways were fair but you didn't want to stray to far into the rough which was thick. The layout is such that you seldom see anyone else on the course unless you catch up to them because they've been looking for a lost ball. The course name is Thousand Oaks but it could also be Million Trees and is one of the reasons you don't see others. There's only a few concerns I have about playing there. 1) None of the cart paths are close to the greens and, because of the design you find yourself walking down hills (often quite steep) to get to the greens and then back up them to the carts. Wet grass was a slip and fall concern for two of our members and one actually did early on. 2) In an effort to protect landing areas short of the greens you cannot drive up to most holes any closer than what seemed like 50 yards. I don't think this would be a "walking" course. Well worth the money!

A "Must Play"

Beautiful course, beautiful clubhouse. If you are looking for a challenge, you found it. Difficult greens, excellent fairways, and beautiful scenery. Definitely worth playing once.

Lots of elevation change, not an outstanding design

I thought the course was very playable, and quite forgiving. Most of the greens are shaped like bowls that funnel poorly struck approval shots toward the middle of the green. I did not think this design was anything to write home about beyond the significant elevation change of the land.

Vacation near home!

My wife and I love to vacation up north, to play golf and go boating. She took this past Monday off from work and we played Thousand Oaks. We were surprised at how much Thousand Oaks feels like the northern courses we love to play near Traverse City and Gaylord!

Premiere public course in Grand Rapds

I hadn't played Thousand Oaks in a few years due to the price ($87) and because they only permit members on weekends. However, the deal I was able to get from Golfnow was incredible and unable to pass up. The course is as I remember it - the best public access course in Kent County. Up north feel with each hole bordered on all sides by woods or wetlands for maximum privacy. Rolling terrain. Fast greens. Higly recommended. Beware however - we were told in the clubhouse that because we booked via Golfnow, the golf course had the right to move our tee time up or back a half hour without notice to us ahead of time, so show up plenty early. We were moved back 10 minutes, so no biggee.

this course has great features

this course was very fun to play well maintained and challenging my friend and never played there before and was very happy at the end of the round would play this course again

course was great. delayed tee time

course was in great shape and enjoyed it. only complaint was they moved my selected tee time of 8:10 am to 8:40 am. didn;t know they could do that.

One of the best courses I have played

We played in the spring and the course was well manicured. I cannot imagine how nice the course would be in the summer. I wanted to give the course 4.5 stars, but it was not an option. IMO 5 stars is tour grade course, 4 stars being a really solid public course. In this case I rounded up because I consider Thousand Oaks better than a solid course. It is a great course. Go play it

First time played. Too early in the season to enjoy beauty of the course. Will return later in the season.

Fast Greens

It was a very nice course with fast undulating greens. There were some beautiful elevated tees. There were many elevated, well bunkered greens, which made it very challenging. We enjoyed it very much and will definitly be back.

Marne, Michigan