Type Municipal

Swimming

Available Sports

FootGolf

A Nice 9 Hole on the Island

Par 3 courses get a bad rep compared to their 18-27 hole counter parts. This one is better than others due to the ample amount of par 4s and even one par 5. The grass in late July was cut down much better than it was in April, which is the same at most courses in the area.

If you're more of a beginner like me, this course is a good choice and will challenge you. The small greens make approaching the green pretty tough. Greens were squishy and playing a little on the slow side. I shot a 45 and without a couple bad triple bogeys on par 4s, could have shot around a 40.

Very pleased

I had a 6:30am tee time and it was a very nice course to walk. I reserved a tee time on Golf Now for 6:30am with a cart; however, when I arrived, the clubhouse was not open and no staff were on site. I ended up just starting my round and walking instead. Come to find out, they don’t offer tee times as early as Golf Now was listing. They were very kind and gave me a rain check to come again since I was not able to use a cart that I had paid for.

Great Casual Course, Easy Layout

Great course. Family friendly, drains very well. I shot a 45 here on the front 9 (about average for me) and the layout was very aesthetically pleasing. It had pristine greens and fair roughs. Everyone seems to be a localite and has a smile on their face. Call ahead as the Hot Deals are no longer accepted here.

Family friendly

Great little 9 hole course, plays fair for ladies and children.

GolfNow Problem!!!!

Booked this on golfnow and the lady at the counter said they did not have my reservation. I showed her the confirmation on my phone, but she said that they no longer accept golf now tee reservations. She also said they had informed golf now several times. However, to date the course is still offered on golf now site.
I tried to contact golf now which is impossible. Called the 800 number but just a recording and instructions to cancel on my accounts page. I did this but it says that it is not eligible for cancellation. I'm out $19.96!! Golf Now needs better customer service. A response and/or refund from Golf Now would be greatly appreciated.

Overbooked

Way too many people out, I played solo and it took 3 hours to finish 9 short holes, will never be back again

Exactly what you think

This was our second time playing here. We played here two years ago and you couldn’t tell the fairway from the rough. Playing yesterday at Waters Edge was a complete turnaround.. besides from it being soaked (we were forced to walk which wasn’t bad, but an inconvenience since it was the first time out) it was a complete 360 degrees. The fairways are well defined, great scenery, and easy to read greens. Will be back again.

Hidden gem of a course

Yes it is only 9 holes, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing here. The course is well kept, the greens are in really good shape. I actually booked a $5 round on a Sunday for 10am. Their normal rates are SUPER cheap as it is ($12) I figured for $5 I would give it a try and I am glad that I did. The day I played it rained all day and night before. The course did have standing water on it, but I was allowed to walk. The fairways were mowed and kept at a proper length, the traps were well manicured. I will definitely be back to play this course. Highly recommend.

Nice family course

While a rather short course, it was very playable . Small but well kept greens require good wedge play to score well. Great course for beginners and youth.

Great Value For Causla Golfers

Water's Edge is a good place for golfers that are just getting started, and for those perfecting their skills. There is always a breeze blowing off the river and we rarely wait to get on the course or get backed up, which my wife absolutely appreciates. Only 4$ to play an extra 9 holes if you want to play 18.

Good Course for a Good Price

For the low amount you pay, this course is not bad at all. I remembered playing here years ago once I got thru a few holes. It offers a fair amount of challenge, but is easy enough for new players to navigate. The greens are well groomed and feel nice under my feet. I wanted to take my shoes off and walk on them, but it was wet from morning dew. I would definitely consider a seasonal membership here. I'm weighing a few places and this club has just landed near the top of my list. The Hot Deal is $5 if you catch it before I do, check it out soon, see you guys out there!

Grosse Ile, Michigan