Oak Quarry Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Fairways Hybrid 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Pennlinks Bentgrass
Architect Dr. Gil Morgan (2000) Lee E. Schmidt (2000) Brian Curley (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Teaching Pro No

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt required, no cut-offs

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 41

Love this place, but big difference between Spring/Fall

This place is unbelievable in the spring, grounds are excellent.

This place was rough this week. Dead and hard.
End of summer course in SoCal blues.

Layout is fantastic regardless.
Sand is generally not good at either time.

I highly recommend playing this course....highly, but also understand that it’s going to be phenomenal once some rain comes and heals it up a bit

Great layout with many elevation changes.

Usually this is a wonderful experience, but yesterday the pace of play was 5 hours. Also the last water stop was on the ninth hole and it was 90 degrees. I've played this course many times and this was the first bad experience. Would still recommend this course because it is one of the most beautiful in Southern California!

Nevada Advisor

Fantastic gem in Southern California

This course is an oasis in an otherwise drought stricken state literally and figuratively for good and fun golf courses. The layout and views are fantastic and unique. Fun elevation changes in an old quarry I assume. Great conditions and reasonable fees. Friendly staff and starter. Excellent service. This place does it right and has the course to back it up. Great to add to a Palm Springs or Vegas road trip. Definitely adding this to my rotation. Highly recommend.

Amazing course

Zero complaints. Course was in great shape. Wish I was more dialed in but the views are gorgeous and made up for everything. Can’t wait to play again. Don’t believe any bad review. This place is awesome

Who’s the customer

Oak Quarry is a beautiful golf course that has amazing scenery which made my experience more tolerable but never the less very disappointing.

Make sure that you bring a lot of drinks because there are no refreshment carts available and the sparse water on the course was not replenished so you were left without anything to drink. Hole 9 does not pass by the clubhouse so no opportunity to restock. The surprising thing was we had a morning tee time and still no water.

I am from out of town so needed to rent clubs. The club rental price is $65 and they don't seem to think you need utility wedges so plan on on trying to adjust a pitching wedge to accommodate. For the price of the rental this seems ridiculous.

I brought these issues up at the clubhouse afterwards and the reason given was that the head pro knows about these things and that was apparently the reason to dismiss my concerns.Unreal!

Spend your money playing another course that is better in tune with the golfers experience.

Hot day

Most fairways didn’t seems to be cut. The greens were rough. Very bumpy and not rolled or cut. Even the cups had overgrowth. Bunkers were either a mud pit, decent, or rock hard concrete. Pace of play was horrible since there’s no one out on the course keeping track of play

Awesome

This is the most beautiful course in the IE. Love the layout, condition of the house is outstanding (as usual), and lots of different challenges and hole types.

HLR

Greens were too slow..

I play here 2-3x per month. Not sure if they’re letting greens grow out in anticipation of high heat, or maybe I just played in front of the mower. But greens were annoyingly slow. Its such a good track, will play again soon, hopefully after the next close shave of those greens.

Great track for the money

This track is my "home" course. I don't live anywhere near here but all the courses by my area are all better for twilight prices then to waste a good morning round on, so I tend to wander out to IE to play one good early round a week. Anyway, the conditions here are usually solid. I have no problems with the grass and love the greens. The layout is excellent, even though I tend to lose a sleeve to the right. My only real complaint is that the sand traps have no sand. Can't even call them gravel traps either because its just rock. Hitting off of that stuff is like kissing your ball goodbye. Only a few choice holes have decent sand in the trap. I'm a fairly decent trap player so this is a shame. Anyway, for $45-50 mid-week round it's definitely worth it. Any more than that would have me looking elsewhere for a round.

Course in good shape as always. Greens a little slower than usual but all rolled true

Hurry up and Wait

The course conditions were awesome. However I was hard pressed to enjoy them. The Marshall was very concerned with starting group tee times on schedule. Which is in my opinion a huge benefit because we started ahead of pace 5 minutes. This implicated a well oiled machine here at Oak Quarry and I wouldn’t have to wait at each tee. I was wrong. Immediately after the first hole my group of three had to wait 10 minutes to tee-off. Now we’re losing our looseness from our warm up and we have to hit cold. The Marshall came by to see what was going on. He went up ahead to remedy the situation we presumed. The waiting only got worse. Every hole we were waiting for the group ahead to tee-off. They were a group of three as well and it wasn’t there fault. They were a cool group. But the arseholes behind us were impatient. Hit into us three times to press us when it was unnecessary with such a delay far in front of us. The price was dropped to 16 dollars below what we had payed because it seemed the schedule was thin. It was too hot for most to play I assume. This had left a wait free period directly after the group following us. What’s the hurry in that instance. We brought our complaints up with the Marshall dozens of times with no remedy. This could have and should have been a better experience.

Friday Golf

In my opinion Oak Quarry is probably the best course in the IE. Pace was great, course was well groomed and for the price, well worth it! I highly recommend it!

The course is in great shape. I have no problem with that.

The course was in great shape and was challenging. My problem with the course was the (lack of) amenities! No water on the course. Because the turn does not happen near the clubhouse you would think the snack shack would be open, but no it was closed! No cart girl with refreshments, snacks and the like. People don’t mind paying $50 for a round of golf at a course that takes care of its patrons! They failed on that!! I would play the course again, but not in the summer with no available amenities!

Good bang for the buck

The coarse layout was great... Wish people would fix their divots. The coarse if maintained better, as far as the greens and some brown patches could hang with many of the five star coarses. The sand traps could use some sand as well... Felt like hard dirt mixed with some sand for color.

Little over priced for that place would rather play soboba for better price and better course. Dont know if i will be back

Beautiful Day!

The course is challenging yet forgiving at the same time. The course is well cared for and the greens were excellent. Lunch at the Clubhouse was outstanding. We enjoyed the California Chicken Club.

Pro shop staff was friendly and efficient. The golf course was very nice and in tip top shape. Tee boxes were exquisite and beautiful. Fairways were green and felt like I was walking on a sponge. Greens were very very well kept. The entire course was fantastic!!!! Pace of play was great. The restaurant/bar staff member was so nice and friendly. She was a gem and I only wish all courses had employees like her working the restaurant. She was sweet and funny and displayed great customer service. I am going to recommend all my friends to this golf course. ALL aspects of this course were spectacular. My compliments to the entire organization. Well done !!!!

3.9912058824
Colton, California
Mira Loma, California
Fontana, California
4.1970058824
Norco, California
Ontario, California

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.