White at Winding Creek Golf Course

Par 4 4 5 4 3 5 4 3 4 36 72

Year Built 1970

9-Hole Rounds 8

Fun course

I like the course layout. Some challenges without being too tough for the average golfer. There were water coolers out on the course but they could use a beverage cart. Probably don’t have one because they don’t sell alcohol.

Hidden gem, a pleasant surprise.

First time playing this well maintained golf course. Really enjoyed our round on A cool damp Sunday morning. The greens were some of the nicest I have putted on this year. Perfect speed and rolled super smooth.

A well struck shot would hold on most greeens.

The staff was super friendly and offered some tips on routing of course. Being our first time here we got to play the blue and white nines. really enjoyed the layout on these courses. Got to hit most of the clubs in our bags. The par 3’s played between 120 and 180yards from the white tees. The par fours varied in length and offered plenty of challenges.

After our round (we played in just under 3hours as a twosome) we asked if we could go out and take a quick tour of the gold 9. We got th ok from the staff to take a quick spin around I and it appeared to be the toughest of the 3nines.

Overall the course was very nice, fun to play, and well maintained. The only suggestion would be to move the tee markers around a bit more on the tee boxes. It appeared they hadn’t been moved for several days and the teeing area was a little muddy and lacking grass from the amount of tee shots that had been hit from the same area.

Other than that, we enjoyed this hidden gem.

Great staff, good value, fun to play.

Thanks for a great day!

Check course before buying

I am not leaving a bad review for the physical course! I never got past hole 2 - we bought online and checked in no problem told to tee off... got to 1 and there was a back up just before the tee time ahead of if the course had sent out a JV practice team of 8 kids. All learning to play and walking - 40 mins past tee time we tee of on 1st par three - moved to hole 2 and 40 mins later hit off there... gave up on hole three after kids put 4 balls each in the little creek by tee off. Almost 2 hours and 2 holes...not kids fault course secheduling FAULT.. Will I try it again MAYBE but will be calling to see if you can play the course... The holes we played seemed nice but.....

u157913591
Commented On 08/29/2017

Thanks for playing at Winding Creek and we hope you will try us again in the future. We are sorry for the slow play and have let the coaches of the few high school teams out here to instruct their players to let groups through if they are beginning to hold up play. Also, please let the golf shop know about this next time and we will do our best to correct the situation or move you to one of our other 9 hole courses.

We would love to see you out here again and hopefully we can provide a better experience!

Jeff VandenBeldt

PGA Professional

Convienent - good price

Course was good, morning time greens were a bit wet but very playable. Some of the holes the bark from the trees littered the fairway and edge of greens which made it difficult to find your ball - but overall great course

Poor treatment from course staff.

Booked through GolfNow.

1.) Was told I had to play the Gold nine, because I used GolfNow. Nothing on GolfNow indicated that I had to play Gold. They should probably check this, before they try enforcing this rule on GOlfNow users.

2.) Was also told I had to share a cart with a stranger, and play in a foursome, even though I booked as a single. They will make you pay if you want your own cart ... so be prepared.

The course was wide open, so all this was done simply because they appear to not like GolfNow users. There was a relatively unfriendly older man at the counter, and then an older woman poked her head out of the back to try to get me to pay extra if I wanted my own cart.

I've played here probably 20 times, and they always seem like I am bothering them, because I would like to golf. I don't get it.

Course-wise, there are several low lying areas that don't drain well, and get swampy. FYI.

Somehow, they permitted two groups of 6 to play together, so it was virtually impossible to complete our round of golf in under 5 hours, so 2 of us in the group just drove back and left after 12 holes.

Probably won't go back there. I can deal with slow play, or poor course conditions. Being treated poorly by the staff is something I will not forget.

u014175876
Commented On 08/08/2017

Morgan1819,

This is Jeff VandenBeldt, PGA Professional of Winding Creek Golf Club. First of all I would like to apologize for the poor experience you had at our golf club. I would love to talk to you more about the situation and encourage you to give me a call at 616-396-4516. We strive to treat all of our customers well and hopefully you will try us again in the future.

To address your concerns with Hot Deal times, Golf Now books these on the two nine that we have open. We do not control which nines the round will be played on and are working with them that they put that information in the notes so the customer will be aware at the time of booking.

In terms of booking as a single, there is a note about this: *Booking less than four players the facility reserves the right to pair up to make a foursome. Players must play at the time booked on GolfNow.*

That said I am still sorry that you were treaty poorly by the staff and we will be better in the future. Hopefully your next experience at Winding Creek will be more enjoyable!

Holland, Michigan