The Quest Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect John Sanford (1994) Ken Green

Golf School Academy Yes - "Dan McGinnis Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire is required at all times, including shirt (preferably collared) and shoes. While denim is allowed, cut-off shorts, and sleeveless shirts or tank tops are not permitted.

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Championship course, great prices

While on vacation in northern Michigan I wanted to play a different course then I usually do when at our cabin. I went to Golfnow and browsed for tee times. Found a hot deal for The Quest amongst other courses in the area. I decided to do some researching on the courses within a 50 mile radius and found mixed reviews but decided to purchase a tee time at the quest anyways. Am I happy I did!
When we arrived, we went into the club house that was very nice. The pro shop was fully stocked on any item you might need for your round. The staff were wearing masks (COVID-19), extremely nice and helpful and the building look extremely clean. The bar area was also in terrific shape and very clean as well.
The course was in amazing shape! With how dry and hot it has been, I was expecting burnt greens and fairways but to my supplies I hardly seen any areas that were in bad shape! Greens were full and fast! They rolled very true and smooth. The front was more opened up then the back although it still had a lot of challenging holes. This course could be fun with gripping island ripping it, but you can really shoot a good score by playing your first shot to set up your second.
I and very happy I did not brush the quest off from previous reviews. I will be playing the quest again next time I’m in the area.

Another great time

Played the Quest again and enjoyed the whole round. The young lady who signed us in was fruendly. The bartender provided exceptional service. The course is challenging with some tight fairways and tough Par 3s with plenty of sand traps. Pace of play was great even with our marshalls. Working the drive. Front nine much different then back which I found more challenging.

Quest golf course

Nice course. Really hilly if you don’t stay in the fairways. Just challenging enough. Lots of water and sand traps to avoid!

Pleasantly surpriaed

Some reviews read we're not good but found our experience enjoyable. Nice condition, challenging layout played quickly.
Will be back.

Felix The Hacker

Well maintained course, challenging but fair layout, and super friendly, helpful staff. Recommended for players of all skill levels based on 5 sets of tees.

Great course better pricing

The course staff were extremely friendly. Club house was very clean and staff were wearing mask (COVID). The course was in amazing shape. Challenging course but very fun. Need to play course management to keep the score low. Bad shots off the tee box will make for a long day. Tee boxes, fairways and greens were in amazing shape! Greens rolled true and fast! It was my first time playing, but will be going back up next time we’re at the cabin! A+++

The course has 5 Tee selections

Beautiful course that was challenging for both my husband who is a much better golfer than I am and myself due to the multiple (5) tee box selections. Very friendly staff and amenities. A greatt mix of bunkers and water. A true upnorth course. Will DEFINETELY be back

Pleasantly Surprised

Previous to playing read a few poor reviews. I was hesitant to book but wanted to try the course. My wife and I played a quick 18 and found the course layout challenging, enough water and sandtraps to make it interesting. The staff was young but nice enough. Overall a good experience.

Championship Golf Course

First time playing this one, its a gem. played from the pros (they even have a set behind those) 6500 yards, tough course with water and bunkers everywhere. fast greens, great fairways, championship style course. best one in the area

One of my favorites in Central Northern Michigan

This is one of the courses I always play when going to Central Northern Michigan. Great value for your money. Course is always in superb condition. Challenging layout with a great variety of holes. This course will test every club in your bag. Best course in the Houghton Lake area hands down.

Excellent course all around!

Staff is the nicest around! Everyone treats you so good and makes you feel very welcome. Love the course! It’s beautiful and can’t wait to play it in the fall.

Nice couse but slow play

Had an 8:50 tee time but was told the front was playing slow so we could start on 10. We were a 3 some but caught a 2 after 4 holes and were held up by them for the rest of the 9.
When we made the turn there were 3 groups waiting on 1, luckily they were playing a scramble so it moved along OK.
Would have been nice to see a Ranger to help pick up the pace.
Enjoyed playing from the mid tees, the two back tees definitely would have added more challenge then our group could enjoy.
Great Chicken Salad sandwich at the turn.

Fun For Even Me

Great course, very playable for my skill level (Bad) well playing with my husband

A must play course!

This course is 3 hours from my home and was well worth the drive. Very easy to get to and once you are there the employees make you feel like you are in a private club. Then you get to the course and it looks like everything is right in front of you but it is easy to run into problems if you stray too far off the fairway. The greens were true and fast. I wish I lived closer so I could play it every week!

Houghton Lake, Michigan